Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Morganthe drop rate

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Black Pearl on May 11, 2014 wrote:
For those people who think working like donkeys to get good gear is fun and makes you special, you might want to think about what that means for the future of this game. Clearly, many people don't think like you do. They are frustrated by the lack of drops, and eventually give up. Frustrated players leave. Period. Don't think crafting is much easier. That also is requiring farming these days.

So these poor players will struggle along with what they have, or try to sift through the garbage bazaar gear in hopes of finding something they can get to work for them. Meanwhile those who have the best, keep whining for harder and harder content. Of course the worlds need to get harder. I am not disputing that. However, it can't keep getting harder, and still keep the average players, if they are undergeared and struggling.

There still needs to be farming for the ultimate best gear. It has always been that way. Crafted gear should be on a par with the farmed gear. However, there should be bazaar gear that was like it was in first arc. That gear wasn't as good as the farmed and crafted stuff, but close enough that it didn't hamper the enjoyment of the game for those who used it. Case in point would be Malistaire's robe. The only difference, between that and the bazaar version, was school resist and a card. This is just an example. They could do something else with higher level gear, but the difference shouldn't be as great as it is now between the gear.

I just feel that something needs to be done to help the struggling wizards. They are the average. The middle is always greater in number than those on each end of the spectrum. If too many of them get frustrated to the point of leaving, and taking their wallets with them, there won't be a game for those "special snowflakes" to be so special anymore.
You have summed up how the game has gotten for most everyone I meet in it.

It has gotten so that you must farm for everything and since I don't it makes the game very unpleasant to advance in. I have stopped questing in upper worlds because I feel my gear is just not on par with what is needed there and in worlds that may come. It just gets to complicated to even bother trying.

Some are not interested in starting new wizards and repeating the Spiral, some get tired of waiting for help with everything, some will just quit. I found I have remade and repeated the Spiral to the point where I am tired of that also. I spend a lot of my game time now really doing nothing and that is getting old.

I just wish I could figure out why gear has to be this way? Is it to make it so only "the Lucky" progress in the game, clearly the content becomes based around them? Do the farming people spend more money toward the game? Is it that questing isn't enough of a time pit and farming has to be there to occupy them? It clearly is a way to weed out the weak.

Mary

Survivor
Mar 26, 2013
5
Ok guys so this is what I have got after 100 fights I'm level 100 storm , 150 level 6 snacks 2 myth amulets 3 balance decks, oh and one crown clothes don't remember the name of it.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
35
Black Pearl on May 11, 2014 wrote:
For those people who think working like donkeys to get good gear is fun and makes you special, you might want to think about what that means for the future of this game. Clearly, many people don't think like you do. They are frustrated by the lack of drops, and eventually give up. Frustrated players leave. Period. Don't think crafting is much easier. That also is requiring farming these days.

So these poor players will struggle along with what they have, or try to sift through the garbage bazaar gear in hopes of finding something they can get to work for them. Meanwhile those who have the best, keep whining for harder and harder content. Of course the worlds need to get harder. I am not disputing that. However, it can't keep getting harder, and still keep the average players, if they are undergeared and struggling.

There still needs to be farming for the ultimate best gear. It has always been that way. Crafted gear should be on a par with the farmed gear. However, there should be bazaar gear that was like it was in first arc. That gear wasn't as good as the farmed and crafted stuff, but close enough that it didn't hamper the enjoyment of the game for those who used it. Case in point would be Malistaire's robe. The only difference, between that and the bazaar version, was school resist and a card. This is just an example. They could do something else with higher level gear, but the difference shouldn't be as great as it is now between the gear.

I just feel that something needs to be done to help the struggling wizards. They are the average. The middle is always greater in number than those on each end of the spectrum. If too many of them get frustrated to the point of leaving, and taking their wallets with them, there won't be a game for those "special snowflakes" to be so special anymore.
I disagree with you, I farm and craft things not because I will look cool or popular with them, but because I know it's an adavantage in the game than having a bad ring bought from the Bazaar. If you think about it, farming has been in this game since the very beginning, I still remember farming Jade Oni, Malistaire, Meowiarty, it's been forever, and all the worlds as you said keep getting harder and harder, though what's the point of the game in everyone having the "Amulet of Divine influence" and hades gear? People would just end the game very quickly. Now, what does KI want people to do? It takes them 9-12 months in developing a new world, content etc, why do you think people buy 1 year memberships? I am not saying they are gonna buy it because they have to continue with the game, yes some people do, but in others case, for example those who finished Khrysalis, what do they do? Go out and farm, though you are missing the point that gear is not the only thing people farm for, Couch potatoes, Seeds, TC, Reagents, it's not only gear.

From my point of view, W101 gives enough options for you to continue,
1. Crown Shop
2. Drops/Farm
3. Crafting
4. Bazaar
5. Gift cards
Remember that drops are random, so anyone has a random possibility of getting the object. That's what the game needs, rare items , if you go to any online game, Pirate101, Club Penguin, Mech Mice, Poptropica, Moshi monsters, Warcraft ETC, all those games have RARE items, and by far I understand your argument, everyone deserves everything, well yes but no. The game has a friend list where you can ask for help, you now also have Team up! where you can join other people in the game to help out instead of just searching server for server, and you have dungeon Recall, so there is almost no excuse to saying wether drops are useful or not. I am not trying to be rude, but it's my opinion, you got yours, and it's up to KI to decide what to do with it, but trust me, "If too many of them get frustrated to the point of leaving, and taking their wallets with them, there won't be a game for those "special snowflakes" to be so special anymore."

What you said there is very incorrect, millions of people play this game monthly, and just because someone doesn't get a gear they need or the help they need, even if they left it won't change the game, KI earns thousands and thousands, and just because a couple 1,000 people leave the game, doesn't mean they will have to make extreme measures to change what is wrong.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
39
Northlite on May 14, 2014 wrote:
You have summed up how the game has gotten for most everyone I meet in it.

It has gotten so that you must farm for everything and since I don't it makes the game very unpleasant to advance in. I have stopped questing in upper worlds because I feel my gear is just not on par with what is needed there and in worlds that may come. It just gets to complicated to even bother trying.

Some are not interested in starting new wizards and repeating the Spiral, some get tired of waiting for help with everything, some will just quit. I found I have remade and repeated the Spiral to the point where I am tired of that also. I spend a lot of my game time now really doing nothing and that is getting old.

I just wish I could figure out why gear has to be this way? Is it to make it so only "the Lucky" progress in the game, clearly the content becomes based around them? Do the farming people spend more money toward the game? Is it that questing isn't enough of a time pit and farming has to be there to occupy them? It clearly is a way to weed out the weak.

Mary
As to how the game has gotten this way, I can tell you part of the reason. Back at the end of 2009 or so, there was a group of wizards who were crying that the game needed to be harder. In fact, everywhere I looked in a certain fan site, that was the common cry. I felt the game difficulty progression was just fine. It got harder with each world, but we also got proportionately stronger. Well, their hue and cry was so insistent that they got KI listening I guess, because things started to change after that. We got Celestia with monsters that had critical when we didn't even have block in our gear yet. The best gear we had when CL opened was Malistaire gear, and CL has been nerfed since its opening, so you can imagine what that was like.

I was really saddened to see the change in the game. It started to change from a whimsical and fun interactive storyline, to a game just like every other MMO. The magic was dying for me, but I loved this game so much that I couldn't leave. I lost all my friends except one, but still I stayed. Even a lot of the people who cried for harder content got outclassed and no longer play.

As for money spent: I went from three full paid accounts, down to just playing one wizard. I literally spent THOUSANDS on this game. Well not anymore. With one wizard I don't need to. I can't speak to how much the "challenge mongers" spend, but I can say this: The change from a simple to a more hardcore game has saved me tons of money that I would have gladly spent had the game stayed true to its original self.

I also play PIrate101, but the changes there have got me rethinking that also. They seem to really be pushing for challenging content, maybe even more so than Wizzy. Most likely I won't be renewing my sub over there, even though it saddens me a lot because I loved that game, but I have learned my lesson.

Squire
Sep 07, 2011
593
Northlite on May 14, 2014 wrote:
You have summed up how the game has gotten for most everyone I meet in it.

It has gotten so that you must farm for everything and since I don't it makes the game very unpleasant to advance in. I have stopped questing in upper worlds because I feel my gear is just not on par with what is needed there and in worlds that may come. It just gets to complicated to even bother trying.

Some are not interested in starting new wizards and repeating the Spiral, some get tired of waiting for help with everything, some will just quit. I found I have remade and repeated the Spiral to the point where I am tired of that also. I spend a lot of my game time now really doing nothing and that is getting old.

I just wish I could figure out why gear has to be this way? Is it to make it so only "the Lucky" progress in the game, clearly the content becomes based around them? Do the farming people spend more money toward the game? Is it that questing isn't enough of a time pit and farming has to be there to occupy them? It clearly is a way to weed out the weak.

Mary
What gear is it you think you need? If you don't PvP, there's no reason to get Tartarus gear at all. The Morganthe items people are complaining about here aren't even accessible until you have FINISHED all questing (it is the last instance) so that is certainly optional.

You can get through the entire game in Waterworks, Av & Az crafted, and other easily obtained gear. I really don't see what the fuss is about. I wouldn't object to the "special" items being easier to get, but they aren't needed, just wanted (at least for PvE).

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
24
if it was pets or housing items i would not have said anything, but since its gear we really have no choice other than farming if we wanna keep up with others. I just hope this drop rate will change as it will eventually affect the gameplay of those of us who cant farm every day for weeks/months to get the items. I know my limits, so when the game become more fun than work i will just move on. I remember when Azteca first came out (before it got nerfed) i took year break from the game because it was more work than fun, and all this farming feels just the same way. Sure i like a challenge, but its a better chance to win a lottery than there is to get some of these rare items from farming

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
219
masterryan1969 on May 3, 2014 wrote:
if the drop rate was 2.5% chance I would have all the things I wanted. e.g hades robe, divine etc.... the rate is more like one tenth of one percent chance for these items to show up in a draw and since there is like 200 items mostly garbage you would never use chances are even less. For example I did get the new divine from morganthe but i am death and it was for FIRE only. I dont have a fire wizard so i fed it to my pet. Talk poor code? Ki if you even read these look back on your water works loot code system SCHOOL ONLY GEAR SHOULD ONLY GO TO THAT SCHOOL. remove the req level 98 garbage drops a level 30 would not even use.

when you start morganthe it says END GAME well show us the gear then? There is no way players are going to stay subscribed a year for new content again farming for the couple drops morganthe has.

My numbers?
I have run hades just shy of 1500 times on my main death, what did i get as usable upgrades? 9 copies of the same good hat thats a waterworks upgrade one balance mastery exiled and one life mastery exiled. I have tons of the glass gear which is useless to me.

I have only run morganthe about 95 times so far I seen the fire divine update which should have been my schools not fire and 2 beetle pets. Anyways thats my 2cents. I am end game and hardcore as i can be but dang come on really?

do we remember loremaster? even know that camp is awful I was able to get all 14 spells on my low level pvp character. How long did it take? 15 weeks of farming 50-55hrs a week. Since I work full time and have a family what did that mean during that time? oh mommy's at her other job farming for spells check back with her in a few weeks. come on KI?? I was doing lore in 2-3 rounds using 2 accounts. thats pretty fast, unlike doing hades or morganthe... so if the rate is conparable you would be looking at doing morganthe 3-5000 times to see 1 item as an upgrade.

I strongly believe this is going to cause many players to cancel subscriptions and not even bother to buy areas for crowns who are at end game. I have tons of perfect pets even with the failed pet system i made it happen, (spudf)(spudp) (pdfcp) etc, farmed loremaster was able to get all her spells on a low level for pvp enjoyment and even farmed her on other wizards getting the key needed spells. farmed water works on about 15 wizards getting them full sets of armor. mastered crafting to the max level.

but hades and morganthe - road blocks hardcore or not remove the junk drops that no one would even use and increase the drop rate even up to about 10% chance then people could enjoy the game again.

I have 1 max wizard 2 95's 2 80's and 1 lv 60 for pvp

I am not going to waste time taking any others to max there is no point will hit the same level 100 road block with gear.

as a 100 death i have soloed everythig in game even the last two maps without crown assistance, bottles etc. what's left for a player like me? These new pip decks seem really common also noted.
Yes. Just Yes.

Delver
Oct 11, 2010
270
well now i am over 625 runs of morganthe. What have i seen? 2 fire amy 1 ice blade 1 storm blade 1 fire blade. the rest is junk. the gold reward should be 50k at the end not 525gp then things would be more worth wild.

so 3500 more or so runs until i get that OP upgrade in ki's eyes.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Black Pearl on May 15, 2014 wrote:
As to how the game has gotten this way, I can tell you part of the reason. Back at the end of 2009 or so, there was a group of wizards who were crying that the game needed to be harder. In fact, everywhere I looked in a certain fan site, that was the common cry. I felt the game difficulty progression was just fine. It got harder with each world, but we also got proportionately stronger. Well, their hue and cry was so insistent that they got KI listening I guess, because things started to change after that. We got Celestia with monsters that had critical when we didn't even have block in our gear yet. The best gear we had when CL opened was Malistaire gear, and CL has been nerfed since its opening, so you can imagine what that was like.

I was really saddened to see the change in the game. It started to change from a whimsical and fun interactive storyline, to a game just like every other MMO. The magic was dying for me, but I loved this game so much that I couldn't leave. I lost all my friends except one, but still I stayed. Even a lot of the people who cried for harder content got outclassed and no longer play.

As for money spent: I went from three full paid accounts, down to just playing one wizard. I literally spent THOUSANDS on this game. Well not anymore. With one wizard I don't need to. I can't speak to how much the "challenge mongers" spend, but I can say this: The change from a simple to a more hardcore game has saved me tons of money that I would have gladly spent had the game stayed true to its original self.

I also play PIrate101, but the changes there have got me rethinking that also. They seem to really be pushing for challenging content, maybe even more so than Wizzy. Most likely I won't be renewing my sub over there, even though it saddens me a lot because I loved that game, but I have learned my lesson.
I agree on the money saved. I too spent money in the beginning when the game was just for "fun". All my original friends and family left, I braved Celestia pretty much Solo - after waiting 2 weeks to get help with the Marleybone Warehouse. Now accept for my original wizard who has the original castle bundle and stuff I do want to keep, I call all my other wizards "disposable". I buy them the playhouse and store some stuff there but most of it gets deleted when they go. They could be here today and gone tomorrow so no money is spent on them.

After completing CL the game didn't feel the same to me so I wasn't sure how far or long I would continue playing, till I had to wait for Zafaria to come out I didn't make any other wizards. The death then storm wizards I deleted in Zafaria as I was sure I would not progress into any future worlds. I let a family member I got interested in the game talk me into Avalon. Years later, I have only taken 2 wizards though to the new world and am just not up to the task of questing there and have decided future wizards will probably go no further then the end of Avalon. I am growing tired of deleting and replaying schools. I have branched off with gardening and pet training as a deterrent to questing. I have spent months just helping others rather then do my own quests. Oddly every year I hold out hope I will find some worth left in the game and I let my sub renew. I wasn't a gamer type when I came here and won't be when I leave so probably will go back to Spider Solitaire.

Mary

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
4
Maybe it's KI's trade secret but for a player who has been member and crown player on 2 accounts for 5 years, farming Morganthe is getting me sick and out of fun. Farming everyday there seems endless and worthless. At least KI needs to do something to balance between not only the challenge vs. reward but also the time vs. fun--as well as customers vs. service--in order to keep us forever.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
26
The drop rate is really really low. I farmed her over 170+ times now, I haven't gotten a single amulet. Only 6 pesky beetles. not even a nice ring...... I'm starting to feel I wont' even get this amulet after 1000+ times.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
No matter how you look at it, farming is boring and tedious. Add that to the super low drop rates, and it goes beyond ridiculous. It doesn't keep the players interested, it drives them away.

I've done a little bit of farming for gear, mainly in Aquila. After 100+ runs, I have yet to receive any of the good gear, especially the ring and athame. Now, some might think "only 100+ runs?". I can't do much in terms of farming because I'm disabled and cannot sit and play for any length of time. It's extremely painful for me, so I do what farming I can, knowing at this rate, it could take me years to get what I want.

If I don't ever get it, I'm not going to cry over spilled milk. Having worked different combinations, including some of the crafted gear, that hard work has given my L100 Ice more than excellent stats all around, as well as my L93 Balance, my L86 Death, and so on down the list of wizards.

I would just like to see the people that don't have very good gear, have a better chance at getting something they can use for a long time.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
15
I have a feeling that I will never get Hades drops such as the Divine Amulet or any other Exalted Amulet ever again. It's because I have gotten only 2 Exalted Amulets (Ice and Fire) on my Balance wizard for some first few runs (around 10-20 runs) in that dungeon when it just came out, and since then I never ever get any amulet drop again. Those amulets that I got from Hades I now kept in my shared bank. I have a theory that I probably have to trash them away for Hades to maybe drop amulets again for me. It feels like KingsIsles have programmed it like that in its codes or something. I could be wrong about this. Does anybody have more than 2 amulets from Hades? if so, please let me know to prove me wrong. As for now I have lost all hope in farming Hades for the Divine Amulet.

So I try to get the one from Morganthe, instead. Now, about Morganthe drop rate, I don't have much to say about it, yet. All I've gotten from her so far are a few Balance and Storm decks, 4-5 pesky beetles, and a bunch useless wands and rings and gears which I fed all to my pets (I might have fed a Balance Anthem to my pet also because I didn't know it has better stats than the Felled Titan one. I feed my pet everything other than the amulet that I am looking for, lol). Hopefully I get the amulet and the anthem from Morganthe soon.

Since almost all high lvl wizards are now favoring critical over block, those lucky ones with the amulets are so overpowered with both the insane critical rates and really good block rates as well, compared to those who don't have the amulet that have to either choose high critical or a so-so good block. People without the amulet devoted to high critical in PVP have critical rates around 300s-400s and block around 70s-100s. Those who go first in battle are most likely to win. While people with the amulet, they have better chance in going second, and almost invincible when go first. This is so unfair for those who could never get the amulet.

Allan H.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
1
Gemma Luna on May 15, 2014 wrote:
What gear is it you think you need? If you don't PvP, there's no reason to get Tartarus gear at all. The Morganthe items people are complaining about here aren't even accessible until you have FINISHED all questing (it is the last instance) so that is certainly optional.

You can get through the entire game in Waterworks, Av & Az crafted, and other easily obtained gear. I really don't see what the fuss is about. I wouldn't object to the "special" items being easier to get, but they aren't needed, just wanted (at least for PvE).
As the game continues a need for better gear is undeniable. The WW gear has decreased in playability as crit and block rates of everything else increase while it stays the same. Additionally people have different play styles that need different gear. Most people prefer balanced stats. Crafting gear does not fill that role for some people because it is not well-balanced gear, leaving us without any gear to keep up with the increasing difficult in PvE because it requires good gear too.

In the future better gear will be needed to keep up with the difficulty of the game. If it isn't obtainable without selling your soul to this game, then people will not play.

Delver
Oct 11, 2010
270
not subbed on wizard anymore here

1750+ runs of morganthe for nothing, oh wait cheap snacks i dont use and 545 gold each time oh joy.
1500+ hades runs and yet still no robe that does drop but not for me.

see you next year when something new happens or the drop system is fixed so not worth it anymore. I hope more people just up and quit this its a joke this is not a kid friendly anything. Does KI even play the game they make?

Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
8
The OP is correct IMOH. Drop rates for Wizard101 Morganth are unreasonably low. Rewards for other end games bosses are also poorly thought out.

There was a thread just like this for Hades and obviously nothing has changed. In fact drop rates and rewards for in game bosses in this chapter 2 have become worse.

This is the solution to end game content for the Wizard101 developers. Unfortunately.

IF after hundreds of runs you finally got the piece you were farming for you could roll another wizard and once max level farm again. But this is not the case. You can not even get the gear for one wizard, why waste hundreds of runs on another for no reward.

Understood some wizards out there have their gear piece they wanted however I am sure a very low percent.

On a side note take the desired Athame from Morganth for example. I have come across wizards that have received it for other classes but not their own. The drop rate for any class's athame is bad enough but to add the remote chance of receiving it for your own class makes it even worse.

If developers want to make it rare and exclusive then limit the drop to the class that is farming it. In other words if it drops, it is for your own class.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
26
Ok i agree with most everyone, morganthe is rediculous. I dont agree that hades is though. Sure he doesnt have a high drop rate for the amulet but IT HAS NEVER BEEN EASY FARMING FOR AMULET. People compare it to waterworks and say waterworks was easier but they dont realize that waterworks is the same as hades. It's easy to get the gear but you have to farm a lot to get the mastery amulets. Amulets have always had a low drop rate, so hades is fine. Morganthe tho, what in the world????? Morganthe barely drops anything! not just amulet, but anything! i been farming for the athame and got dog on balance gear! i got the dang balance amulet and athame! why isnt it school only if the rate is gonna be so low? Kingsisle messing up forreal. Morganthe is horrible in every way possible. She sucks you in before you even finish talking to her, when you kill her she wont shut up so you can see what you got, and she doesnt drop anything. The gear not even the best in the game and its that hard? forreal?

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
43
Strongly agree. There are like 50 useless gear drops and only 2 items that I would like to have. Aka, the new amulet and my Balance pip deck. It's no fun to farm constantly for hours a day and get useless reagents, snacks and gear.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
43
Leens on May 20, 2014 wrote:
The drop rate is really really low. I farmed her over 170+ times now, I haven't gotten a single amulet. Only 6 pesky beetles. not even a nice ring...... I'm starting to feel I wont' even get this amulet after 1000+ times.
It's really hilarious that people get like 10 pesky beetles doing 200 runs of Morganthe and not get a single amulet. On the wiki it says pesky beetles are ultra rare.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
1
sstoreide on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
I can understand that some items need to be rarer than others, but really... I have been farming Morganthe for a few days now. 40-50 hours of farming so far, and for what, a few pesky beetles. Did they learn nothing from Hades? I was farming Hades for months for divine amulet (without getting it) and this is just Hades all over again. Is this the future of drop rates in the game? I play the game because its fun, but its not fun to see gear you will never be able to get. I got a amulet from Avalon, and honestly no hope of getting anything better. Im sorry for my rant, but someone had to do it. This game is just for hardcore gamers now, and there is no longer any future for casual or second rate players like me

Keira Pixieeyes
I don't think you guys really understand that the amulet is one of the most valuable and most helpful items in the game to acquire. Wizard101 would be broken if everyone could get it in like 10 runs. It just wouldn't be fair. Sure the drop rates are low, but if you do it enough times you can get it. I have been farming for about 3 days now and i haven't gotten anything really special, but I am not complaining. I have also done Tartarus about 50 times, but i keep my sanity and stay patient. And yes these items are for the hardcore players who need to be the best of the best, and quite simply, if you aren't, just don't bother.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
43
OranHexsmith on Aug 5, 2014 wrote:
I don't think you guys really understand that the amulet is one of the most valuable and most helpful items in the game to acquire. Wizard101 would be broken if everyone could get it in like 10 runs. It just wouldn't be fair. Sure the drop rates are low, but if you do it enough times you can get it. I have been farming for about 3 days now and i haven't gotten anything really special, but I am not complaining. I have also done Tartarus about 50 times, but i keep my sanity and stay patient. And yes these items are for the hardcore players who need to be the best of the best, and quite simply, if you aren't, just don't bother.
People have been farming for thousands of times only to get reagents, snacks and gear. Morganthe is horrible in every way, shape and form. She pulls you in and messes up your order, when you beat her she never stops talking to see the gear you get and that probably doesn't matter anyway because you'll probably find you get a bit of gold, red mandrake and a leaf shield armour of something . I've farmed for 3 months, almost 100 times and haven't gotten a single amulet. I'm just gonna stop farming and give up on it because if I do get an amulet, it'll probably be myth or ice. (FYI I'm not going to make another wizard and level him all the way up to 100 just so I can make use of that amulet).

Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
50
I haven't read everything in this thread but I have to agree that the drop rates are ridiculously low.
Due to some circumstances I play most day, that is hours and hours of game play and I still get nothing from Morganthe.

Today there was this guy asking what we want from Morganthe what he wanted was to show off and told us he got all athames for his wizards and I am sure he don't play everyday.

such unfairness, why some people get all drops and others, most of us dont get anything even we spend more hours.

I can't explain it better than the thread starter

Wizard tell us the drop rates and increase them, make the game more fun to play.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
62
I agree completely. THe game is geared more towards the hard core gamer rather than the casual one. The only way to get these elite drops is to do them over and over which the majority of players just do not have the time to do. I would rather have a really tough battle, that like 90% of teams of 4 wizards lose, than have to beat the same one over and over and over.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2013
4
I'd agree with most of these statements. Even if KI is unwilling to increase drop rate or make farming slightly easier they could, at the least change it up a bit. Maybe the amulet and hades gear could be dropped by a select few. Or maybe it could alter slightly each time you farm/fight. Just hoping KI takes at least one of these comments into account.

Blaze Nightblade, level 100

Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
49
I definitely feel the need to chime in here. Currently, I am at level 94 on my Pyromancer, just entering Khrysalis. Overall? I would say that I have had very good luck with gear drops. I looted my full WW gear in about 7 or 8 runs. My wife on the other hand looted the hood and robes, but wasn't necessarily happy with the stats and chose crown shop gear instead. That was an option she chose and it worked well for her. In addition to that, we also looted the Alpha and Omega ring in about 10 tries.

Currently, I haven't even attempted Tartarus. When comparing gear side by side, neither set of Hades gear looks incredibly appealing. The Unseen Lord's Cinder Gear is great all around except in accuracy, which I find to be very disappointing considering the WW gear gives me 19% universal accuracy. Hades gear drops me to 3%. That is a major gap. The other Hades set gives a decent accuracy boost at 13%, but drops my resistance by 23% and utterly dismantles my incoming healing rate. Granted, these are just a matter of opinion and preference of what I want from my gear.

I haven't experimented with crafting yet. Maybe that would be the way I need to go as far as gear upgrades, but so far WW has gotten the job done time and time again. What I lack in health and and block, I make up for in attack and healing ability. Life mastery amulet and 42% incoming works miracles.

Despite my overall good luck, I fully agree that you should only get drops from your school when it comes to gear like this. I'm sure I would not have had the luck I did in WW if I had potential to loot the gear from other schools as well.

Without having first hand experience, I can't fully understand the frustration that most of you seem to be having with collecting your gear, but I wish the best of luck to all of you!