Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm Balance and I'm proud

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Hey.

I have read about a hundred posts that have negativity about my school, Balance. How it is:
Unbalanced
Weak
The worst
The one to leave out

I don't beleive in any of these. I'm a level 65 balance wizard, and I couldn't be more happy about it. Heres is a couple reasons why
1) We can cast very powerful spells (Judgement, Hydra, Ra, Chimera, Sabertooth)
2) We can use other magics without using a secondary school, or more pips
3) We can defend ourselves against any school wtih multiple sheilds at a time
4) We have a better chance of winning against our own school, even with out prisms cause we can cast other magics
5) We are able to cast 3 different magics at a time in only one spell
6) Our traps, sheilds and charms can be used with any school
7) We have no direct opposite magic
8) We can heal, and put blades charms or traps on anyone, and it will help any magic, so other people can use it also.

Now you tell me if Balance is ubalanced, weak, the worst, or deserves to be left out. I'm not saying its the best school, because each school is unique. But balance doesn't deserve to be called these things. For the wonderful wizards who took the time to read my post, and you agree with me, share your thoughts.

Thank you

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Since when was Balance weak..? Balance is among the top in PvP nowadays.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
wizardrokz on Feb 6, 2013 wrote:
Hey.

I have read about a hundred posts that have negativity about my school, Balance. How it is:
Unbalanced
Weak
The worst
The one to leave out

I don't beleive in any of these. I'm a level 65 balance wizard, and I couldn't be more happy about it. Heres is a couple reasons why
1) We can cast very powerful spells (Judgement, Hydra, Ra, Chimera, Sabertooth)
2) We can use other magics without using a secondary school, or more pips
3) We can defend ourselves against any school wtih multiple sheilds at a time
4) We have a better chance of winning against our own school, even with out prisms cause we can cast other magics
5) We are able to cast 3 different magics at a time in only one spell
6) Our traps, sheilds and charms can be used with any school
7) We have no direct opposite magic
8) We can heal, and put blades charms or traps on anyone, and it will help any magic, so other people can use it also.

Now you tell me if Balance is ubalanced, weak, the worst, or deserves to be left out. I'm not saying its the best school, because each school is unique. But balance doesn't deserve to be called these things. For the wonderful wizards who took the time to read my post, and you agree with me, share your thoughts.

Thank you
i don't like balance, but i have a level 90 sorceress in my wizarding family and have learned to make the best of things.

is the school weak? oh, heck, no~ my balance wizard's damage is so high that it puts most of her fellow sorcerers to shame. because she's my first wizard, and i was a solo player when i started out, i spent a lot of time building her up to be a viable force in combat, whether on her own or with a team. i love not having to worry about converts.

my favourite spell is power nova, because it outclasses ra and the after-effect of weakness is awesome (assuming the enemies live to see that part, haha). that's how i got through azteca~ power novas... lots and lots of colossal power novas.

is the school unbalanced? sort of... at level 65, you've probably noticed that we have no way to break shields or get rid of weakness, without using off-school spells. my treasure deck is stuffed full of cleanse charm (that way, i don't have to lose my blades or attack at -25%), and shatter (for high-level balance enemies, who do nothing but spam shields).

also, you've probably observed that we don't have any buffs that benefit us exclusively. that's why balance has such a hard time with the one-in-a-mil badge~ we simply don't have the number of buffs available to do a mil with balance damage; again, the reliance on off-school tc is what irks me.

oh well, /my 2 cents, for what they're worth.

-von
promethean sorceress, archmage necromancer, legendary diviner, the rest.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
lastdaysgunslinger on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
Balance is balanced
Definately.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
So not weak.I personally love balance so forget all the haters,sorcerers know they're strong, maybe not the most conventional or easiest school,but defs strong.

Scarlet Silverhunter
lvl 61 sorceress (and proud of it)

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I dont think balance is weak but i do think its a school that requires patience.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
I agree on all of this, I have been a Balance Wizard since I started playing. (A few months after the beta came out, Lol) Balance is defs NOT weak! I am a level 76 balance, (and proud of it :D) Balance is very good in PVP these days and I know a few reasons why people think its weak:

1: Because they get mad when they get their butt kicked in PVP by a Balance. ('Cause its so good in PVP Lol)
2: Because they can't get One in a Million badge.

And the number one reason why is....

3: They want to be better than everyone.

Crazy huh? I don't think these are good reasons at all, because lots of people have voiced these reasons to me and all I say is, "Balance is not weak and those are very bad reasons, too."

Haley DunePetal, lvl 76 Balance. (And proud of it! :D)

Rise above and defeat the evil within, Young Wizards! Good luck with your adventures in the Spiral. :D

Defender
May 03, 2009
Dr Von on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
i don't like balance, but i have a level 90 sorceress in my wizarding family and have learned to make the best of things.

is the school weak? oh, heck, no~ my balance wizard's damage is so high that it puts most of her fellow sorcerers to shame. because she's my first wizard, and i was a solo player when i started out, i spent a lot of time building her up to be a viable force in combat, whether on her own or with a team. i love not having to worry about converts.

my favourite spell is power nova, because it outclasses ra and the after-effect of weakness is awesome (assuming the enemies live to see that part, haha). that's how i got through azteca~ power novas... lots and lots of colossal power novas.

is the school unbalanced? sort of... at level 65, you've probably noticed that we have no way to break shields or get rid of weakness, without using off-school spells. my treasure deck is stuffed full of cleanse charm (that way, i don't have to lose my blades or attack at -25%), and shatter (for high-level balance enemies, who do nothing but spam shields).

also, you've probably observed that we don't have any buffs that benefit us exclusively. that's why balance has such a hard time with the one-in-a-mil badge~ we simply don't have the number of buffs available to do a mil with balance damage; again, the reliance on off-school tc is what irks me.

oh well, /my 2 cents, for what they're worth.

-von
promethean sorceress, archmage necromancer, legendary diviner, the rest.
I helped my balance friend get one in a million badge but it didn't do enough when he used a balance spell. It still did pretty well. He ended up using triton and yes, he did get it with that. He finished Azteca before me so he helps me and when he attacks, I mean, he ATTACKS! I will never get over the power of balance.

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer
"The world may never know."

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
Crystaleyes234 on Apr 26, 2013 wrote:
I agree on all of this, I have been a Balance Wizard since I started playing. (A few months after the beta came out, Lol) Balance is defs NOT weak! I am a level 76 balance, (and proud of it :D) Balance is very good in PVP these days and I know a few reasons why people think its weak:

1: Because they get mad when they get their butt kicked in PVP by a Balance. ('Cause its so good in PVP Lol)
2: Because they can't get One in a Million badge.

And the number one reason why is....

3: They want to be better than everyone.

Crazy huh? I don't think these are good reasons at all, because lots of people have voiced these reasons to me and all I say is, "Balance is not weak and those are very bad reasons, too."

Haley DunePetal, lvl 76 Balance. (And proud of it! :D)

Rise above and defeat the evil within, Young Wizards! Good luck with your adventures in the Spiral. :D
So what if we cant get the one in a million badge. I started when i was quite small and i have only grown a few years since. I did the test and i knew nothing of the schools or what i would get. When i got balance i played on it ever since. I realised that balance could defeat any other schools because of 2 things. There are not much shields for balance, but balance has many shields for other schools. Plus, balance can have an amazing number of damage. Balance can have things other schools cant. So i think balance is not a weak school!

Cole Dunerunner Promethean Sorcerer

Lord of the Falling Sky

Survivor
Jan 01, 2012
i agree with you here (even though im death). my best freind is balance. whenever i get stuck and go to the commons asking around for help, it will always be a balance person that that comes along and helps.
we do it first time.
anyone that says balance is weak is either jealous or just has not seen it properly in use.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
Cole Dunerunner on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
So what if we cant get the one in a million badge. I started when i was quite small and i have only grown a few years since. I did the test and i knew nothing of the schools or what i would get. When i got balance i played on it ever since. I realised that balance could defeat any other schools because of 2 things. There are not much shields for balance, but balance has many shields for other schools. Plus, balance can have an amazing number of damage. Balance can have things other schools cant. So i think balance is not a weak school!

Cole Dunerunner Promethean Sorcerer

Lord of the Falling Sky
I agree on all of it. :)

Badges don't really matter anyways.

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
Just like the word balance means equal, balance school is all about equaling all stuff in other schools, for example health, blades, traps, spell damage, etc.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
lastdaysgunslinger on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
Balance is balanced
Yeah.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Balance? Weak? Have you seen Black Mantle? Weakness? I assume you have, and you have also probably seen : "Dragonspyre spams Weakness" and "Judgement strikes too hard" and even "Sorcerers are the reason my wizard fell from Captain to Private!" Seriously, every school gets attacked on here. Suck it up, you have one of the better schools.

David Thundermancer 48 Diviner

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Does it get better? I'm currently a level 41 and I have a lot of trouble soloing battles......

-Morgan Legendheart, level 41 balance, mooshu

Survivor
Dec 28, 2012
I'm a Sorcerer and I have no Regrets about it, Balance is a great school.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2010
I agree 150% that balance is great! personally i it is my out most favourite type of wizard!

you can't really go wrong with balance cause it has a bit of everything.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
The reason people hate balance is it does not take a skill, same along with storm; people like to see players that take a challenging school like ice and do well with it during questing and pvp.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I do find Balance a good school, but certainly not the best, not even close. The problem is, Balance doesn't have that great of gear, 1 or 2 stats are going to be lower. Say, if I have my full crafted gear, my damage would be at 48, and now I'd have to choose between 2 stats - Heal boost or damage. Okay, then, I could get a wand, boost up my critical and block rating, but my power pip chance would be left in the 60's. Now, I would have to get a crowns wand if I wanted to keep my stats fair. Balance is the school that loses the most, second to Death, when they get crafted gear. With other schools except Ice, their critical stats are much higher, their block is the same, and they don't lose power pip chance. You see, Balance doesn't need accuracy, we have 85%, while the schools that get accuracy have 70-80%. Balance needs power pip chance on their crafted gear if you wanted it to be a great school to play with, but right now Balance is just good.

In pvp however, I don't mind using crafted gear, just get the Silvertongue Cowl, Wyrd-Walker Coat, Mysterious Jade Boots (80+), Courtly Dirk, Myth/Life Mastery Amulet, Stellar Signet, Mandolin of Evermore (With Life mastery) or Viridian-Charged wand (With Life mastery), or Sidhe Staff (With Myth mastery), or even the Staff of Flashing Blades (Myth/Life mastery, either one) a pet with Spell-Proof, Spell-Defying, Spritely, Fairy-Friend, and Balance-Dealer/Pierce Train, and Balance is easily going to be your favorite school. It's not weak, it just takes tons and tons of time to prepare.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
I agree. Balance has been underrated since Celestia was added. As I've said a few times before, the new generation of wizard101 (Celestia-Azteca) has been hard to adjust to. I think balance is only being treated unfairly because they aren't as on top as they were pre-Celestia. But i think balance has been a good school overall, and I, a Pyromancer/Necromancer, have even gone and learned a few balance spells like elemental blade.

But yeah, seeya later guys

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
I am a proud level 66 balance wizard. I love being balance. I have soloed most of the game. I have never seen anyone say balance wizards are weak.
My favorite balance spell is judgement.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
Thx for calling me wonderful because of I read your post and I agree with you!

Back to Topic:
Balance is balanced. It is not my favorite school (That's ice) but I like it. My best friend is balance
She is a REALLY good help!! Why are people calling balance weak? Because they got beaten by a sorcerer in PvP! (probably)

Jonathan Frogheart - Archmage Thaumaturge of the Astrals

Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
I'm balance too. level 33. I too feel like people think balance is the one to leave out. but, when you are a new balance wizard you are truly very weak! When you grow to higher levels you become VERY powerful. Other people don't take the time to figure that one thing out!