Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disappointment in Rude Players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
14
I have learned a lot from this thread. Many people went through grueling mental pains due to other players who are rude for seemingly no reason. I honestly don't like things like that, either. I, myself, am a kid, and I get treated the same way. However, I know how to handle situations like this. What I usually do is just ignore what they say and move on. I don't add them to ignore list, because they just might:

1. Apologize
2. Tell you why they are acting they way they are
3. Say more ruse things behind your back and convince other players to start saying rude things to you.

Even when someone is being mean to you, don't rage. All you have to do is ignore it.

Kyle Starthief LVL 27

Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
14
llemarrajade on Sep 19, 2009 wrote:
I'm a parent and game with my 8-year old son. We've enjoyed our time on Wizard 101, but I'm likely going to cancel my subscription. Tonight, my son was heckled by another player who had open chat. As a spoiled sport this individual proceeded to cast 0 level spells on himself and allow my son's character to die. While I understand that this is a game and no one has to follow any code, players should remember that little kids could be on the opposite end. My son's feelings were very hurt....He couldn't understand why someone would treat him so poorly.
First of all, sir. That player might have been the same age as you. Maybe just trying to gain pips or earn more experience at the end of the battle. He didn't MAKE you kid's character die. If the monsters only attacked your child, then that's not the other player's fault. Now if he was using a spell to make the monsters not attack them ( they do have that spell. I know because I have one myself), then, yes, he was making your child's character die. Just FYI

Kyle Starthief LVL 27

Survivor
Mar 14, 2013
9
I think that in principles of rudeness, levels really dictate things on this subject. For example, if wizards are fighting lost souls on unicorn way, then anyone can join without being criticized for a good reason. Seriously? They got 65 health. Any spell in the book that's more than 0 pips can kill them before they attack. But it's a different story when you've got your prometheans in Khrysalis and then their low-level friends teleport to them, you've got a problem. You probably should make friends that are around the same level, at least with the same title (magus, master etc.), and play a similar amount of the game so they can grow with you. I'm a level 57 pyromancer and everybody I know that has an actual account (a rare event) has something like an apprentice that they abandoned long ago. So I should know about trying to make online friends.

Flint Ravencrafter, level 57 pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 05, 2013
1
eastcoast shelly on Jan 21, 2010 wrote:
There are alot of people who act childish in this game kids and adults but they are many of us who do not and i hope that you dont give up on us that enjoy the game and like to help peopole out. I am an adult and dont mind having kids in my so called group. I only delete them when they get bossy or demanding. I enjoy helping the little guy get to grand master it is fun to see how excited they get to lvl up. hope this helps in your quest to find a better class of players dont try so hard at making friends with rude ones the good ones will come, trust me if i see you out there i will make you my friend, Emma Stormcaster
Hey my wizards name is emmastone I've seen u before would u like to be my friend?

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
7
I have noted several people's feelings about using foul language on the game and several "live and let live" comments. I would like to know why it is tolerated on the game at all. This is a family game (or so it is advocated) with morals and values that are held as high. I have played with my grandkids as well as being a player myself and have had to view the foul language go on and on. I have reported them on several occasion only to see that person continue for hours with the same foul mouth after being reported several times. I would ask why it takes so long to mute them, or kick them off the game? Why are others subjected to this when KI can quickly confirm the actions and verbiage and then remove them.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
55
Ok, I am getting sick and tired of people losing and then a high level goes, "haha... newb"

Ok think about it we were all noobs at one point. We all quested in Unicorn Way. We all had to learn how to play. Most of us (including myself) used to not even know how to use the internet to solve our problems (I started in 2009 and I was a bit young at the time).

Oh and this is something not even relating to that subject. I was in krokatopia leveling up my new wizard. Then I saw a level 10 wizard with a One in a Million badge. How did they even do that? So yeah.......

Survivor
Dec 24, 2013
2
I like to play solo unless I am against a tough monster and then obviously more people are needed to help defeat it.

Given that, I try carefully to travel around the areas to not accidentally jump into someone else's battle (although it can happen as some places have so many, little creatures, it is bound to happen) I'd like the same, but playing today I had a few people jump into my battles and I kindly say to ask me beforehand next time, if I need any help. Some respond nicely, while others find it rude and one told me "You have to play the game" or something.

Some people like to play solo. That's just another way of playing the game.

I also find constant, random friend requests and group requests rude. I had someone keep sending me some - while I was fighting - and it was very annoying.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
72
Last night, I was running around in commons asking for someone to take me to CL so I could get some TC, then they instantly call me a noob..? I have a level 95 storm but I was on my lvl 42. He was once that level so I don't see why I am so different from him some how.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2011
9
If your son is THAT upset maybe he is too young for Wizard101.
Maybe in fact he is too young for the INTERNET.
Maybe don't let him play until he's older

* Find the magic in you *

Natalie EmeraldHeart lvl 54 ( almost 55! :D)

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
5
Sadly, there are some rather rude wizards throughout the game. I remember one time that I was called something that I shouldn't repeat right in Wizard City, an area where a lot of young kids tend to be. Luckily, you can find good friends who are there for you.

Survivor
Nov 17, 2011
14
I find a lot of players on this game that are rude, mean, or just plain annoying.
I'm still pretty young myself, but there is only one person that has ever offended me on Wizard101, and I still got over that pretty fast. Everyone else who insults me I just laugh at. I understand some people (Especially even younger kids) aren't like this, and I was like that too. But computer games get me a lot less angry than video games, lol. (I rage at those quite often e.e). This is what happens when someone is rude during battle:
Person: *Does something rude*
My thoughts: I hate it when people do this *Rage flees and ports back, the person is gone*
Yey problem solved.
But yeah, I can understand why your son would be upset over this. I agree with most people; he should probably just try to brush it off, use ignore button 'n stuff.

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
136
SweetTharmaturgy on Sep 17, 2012 wrote:
I was playing the other day and i was in triton avenue just questing. So this guy asked to be my friend and the nice person that i am i accepted. He asked me for a 5000 crown panther mount and from all the drama that went on in my past account because of gifting i told him no and took him off my friend list. Then surprise, i bumped into him again and he started raging at me "your such a ..." ( just censoring out bad words ._.) "you are ugh o lie" "girl you just ..." and such but what really got me mad was when he said "you just keep it to yourself you dont share". Ok hold up. First i dont know this guy, second he says i keep everything to myself! People use money out of thier own pockets to buy stuff for a game, would you waste money on someone you dont know? Asking someone to gift you is like asking a random person for money. Then he reported me, just because i didnt gift him. I mean really and from all the mean horrible things he said to me like "go die." and "go to hell." I didnt report him. Seriously people need a life they need to stop going around and asking people for stuff its just immature and stupid if thier parents can afford a computer and cable then i know they wont have a problem buying a card for thier child any given day. Thanks for reading :)

Allison level 12 myth
why didnt you report him you need no help stand up for yourself and i hope your luck gets worst

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
214
I am not trying to sound rude but you do realize this is a 10+ game so that people are mature enough to deal with this sort of thing. It's 10+ for a reason so i am not surprised your 8 year son was hurt by someone else.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
23
llemarrajade on Sep 19, 2009 wrote:
I'm a parent and game with my 8-year old son. We've enjoyed our time on Wizard 101, but I'm likely going to cancel my subscription. Tonight, my son was heckled by another player who had open chat. As a spoiled sport this individual proceeded to cast 0 level spells on himself and allow my son's character to die. While I understand that this is a game and no one has to follow any code, players should remember that little kids could be on the opposite end. My son's feelings were very hurt....He couldn't understand why someone would treat him so poorly.
I'm sorry about that. You shouldn't stop playing because of that though. I agree that people shouldn't be mean, I would be seriously annoyed if that happened to me. One time a guy told me he would heal me in battle when I was defeated. (I healed him when he was low) Then he casts a pixie... on his self and then kills the mob. I was irritated. Your son should just go back and complete the quests, everyone who plays the game gets defeated every once in a while. We just need to suck it up and get back in there.

Survivor
May 03, 2013
2
unfortunately this is all too common in the game, and i am disappointed to hear that someone would do such a thing. At a higher level we should respect and help the younger players with what we can, so they do not think everyone is like that. If I am not busy I will give him a hand in questing :)
Belgrim

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
160
i srsly hate when people cyberbully in the game. i want someone to take me to CL " i haven't unlocked it yet"
cause i want an astral spell with my training points and no one responds. are they ignoring me?

i see people call my wizards noobs when i am a level 50!

they say mean stuff, so i just ignore them instead or reporting (cause i think reporting is very mean).

they destroy my tc and he didn't give me a forest lord for MY TREASURE CARD! srsly! i hate that and people call me names so annoying

kaitlyn lifeblossom, level 50

Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
29
What is a level 0 spell? Never heard that before, just be curious

Survivor
Mar 30, 2013
4
First of all. Do not take down your son's account. second, if those players were being rude then use the ignore button. i hate when people cyber bully. i can help him.

Corwin moon strider13

Survivor
Feb 08, 2011
25
Once i was lvling up my wizard. He was in krok at this time. So I was in ravenwood minding my own businees, and a guy about lvl 30 comes up to me and calls me a noob. I told him about my higher lvl wizards, and then he called me a loser. Then i told him to go away, then he decided to use foul language. Thats when i reported him. I report people using foul language as an insult. There is a reason they dont let you say bad words. I wouldnt of reported him if he didnt use foul language. So ya

Zachary Darkhammer lvl. 63
Zachary Stormblade lvl. 36(was in krok at the time of this event)

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
28
dragonfly0098 on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
I'm sorry about that. You shouldn't stop playing because of that though. I agree that people shouldn't be mean, I would be seriously annoyed if that happened to me. One time a guy told me he would heal me in battle when I was defeated. (I healed him when he was low) Then he casts a pixie... on his self and then kills the mob. I was irritated. Your son should just go back and complete the quests, everyone who plays the game gets defeated every once in a while. We just need to suck it up and get back in there.
Pretty much the same thing happened while I was doing Big Ben... well, actually, it was kind of different, but this reminded me of it.
I was doing Big Ben really early in the morning, so I would have time for it. I only had one friend on (lets call her X). I thought I could solo for a little while, but I decided to ask for help to be on the safe side. It went something like this:
ME: Can I have some help with Big Ben, please?
X: Sorry, I am questing, trying to finish Mooshu
ME:Oh, that's ok

*a few minutes later when I am running out of health*
ME: Can you port just to help me finish this battle, I am almost dead and I need to go get health.
X: Ok, sure.
*I stay alive for a few more minutes, but she doesn't come. I check my friends list, and she has deleted me*

ME: Why'd you delete me?
X: I don't like beggars.
ME: Seriously? I just asked for help. Do you delete everyone when they ask you for help?
X: No! I help my friends all the time! But you asked me twice, after I said no!
ME: Ugh, well then I don't need you on my friends list anymore.
*I get defeated, collect health and fill potions, and go back into the dungeon- and solo the whole thing*

About an hour after, when I was questing in Mooshu, I got a chat asking for help. I checked to see who it was, and it was X, she had added me again.

X: HELP!
ME: Give me a second, I need to finish this battle
X: ;( you stink! cya ... or not.

I deleted her again, and that was the end of our friendship. And, like you said, I just brushed it off and did the dungeon on my own.
PS: A tip to those in Marleybone! Always have all potion bottles full for Big Ben!

Sarah Moonshade
Grandmaster Conjurer

Summon Legends, be a Legend.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
28
linhphamm on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
What is a level 0 spell? Never heard that before, just be curious
First of all, I think you mean a Rank 0 spell.
It's a spell that costs 0 pips.
It could be a wand spell, a shield, trap or blade, an aura, anything that costs 0 pips.
Hope this helped!

Sarah Moonshade
Grandmaster Conjurer

Summon Legends, be a Legend.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
8
I am very sorry that happened it has happened to me a lot and yea, yea ignore them but they ignore YOU so yea, I am so sorry that happened.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
10
I'm sorry about your son, but sadly this happens a lot. Especially with the "open chat" people out there. Some of them think they are better than most players and swear around the filters and stuff like that. Your son is not the first who has that happening to him.

"If the world was perfect, none of us would be here right now"

-Jess

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
214
someone may have already said this,, but why is your 8 year old son playing wizard101? It is 10+ for a reason.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
23
sarahofmyth on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
Pretty much the same thing happened while I was doing Big Ben... well, actually, it was kind of different, but this reminded me of it.
I was doing Big Ben really early in the morning, so I would have time for it. I only had one friend on (lets call her X). I thought I could solo for a little while, but I decided to ask for help to be on the safe side. It went something like this:
ME: Can I have some help with Big Ben, please?
X: Sorry, I am questing, trying to finish Mooshu
ME:Oh, that's ok

*a few minutes later when I am running out of health*
ME: Can you port just to help me finish this battle, I am almost dead and I need to go get health.
X: Ok, sure.
*I stay alive for a few more minutes, but she doesn't come. I check my friends list, and she has deleted me*

ME: Why'd you delete me?
X: I don't like beggars.
ME: Seriously? I just asked for help. Do you delete everyone when they ask you for help?
X: No! I help my friends all the time! But you asked me twice, after I said no!
ME: Ugh, well then I don't need you on my friends list anymore.
*I get defeated, collect health and fill potions, and go back into the dungeon- and solo the whole thing*

About an hour after, when I was questing in Mooshu, I got a chat asking for help. I checked to see who it was, and it was X, she had added me again.

X: HELP!
ME: Give me a second, I need to finish this battle
X: ;( you stink! cya ... or not.

I deleted her again, and that was the end of our friendship. And, like you said, I just brushed it off and did the dungeon on my own.
PS: A tip to those in Marleybone! Always have all potion bottles full for Big Ben!

Sarah Moonshade
Grandmaster Conjurer

Summon Legends, be a Legend.
Two things: It is so annoying when people do that, and people really need to listen to that tip. If I hadn't of had a potion I would have lost Big Ben. (When I was at Meowiarty)
So yeah, I totally agree with you.