Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is 100% unfair

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
I agree my level 38 ice wizard got paired up with a grand master ice wizard ( i still won though ) but i think they should update wizard101 pvp so you get paired up with someone close to your level like 1-3 levels below you or above you.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
Uh ya thats unfair. One time i was pvp-ing with my fire and balance (lvl 70 each) and we were facing warlords. What was unfair was one of them died and the other had 300 health. I did a helephant which did 600. But instead of dying, he ended up with 1000 health!!! Is that unfair or what?

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Three words, I hate puppets. They are to scared to fight people their own level, so they think they are cool getting warlord fighting low levels when they are like max. Puppets are just cowards, KI please do us all a favor and make an update were puppets are impossible to do, or puppets just get other puppets all the time.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2012
i totally agree i am a 28 ice commander and i go vs 58 and thank god i win, but when i do lose i lose a TON of points and isn't fair since they critical and we can't do anything to stop it. I am also near to quiting I want to quit but I don't want to lose my rank, even though we a high rank doesn't mean we can take on level 80 that's too crazy. I like pvp I have a myth captain which am losing and close to knight since i keep going vs 45, you need to change it, also the best way to win is using treasure cards but people don't like it, but now you know WHY we use it cause of the match system. Fix it please.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
Survivor
Apr 01, 2011
Tell me this isn't unfair! I was in a pvp with a guy who couldn't talk to opponents. I said something and his friend clicked on my name and told him all my info.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
1carter on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:
It doesn't just matter about to the level of the characters it also matters about the rank.

For EX: A level 65 Knight VS. 80 Private
I know that, obviously. But I am quitting Wizard101 now, because of this. I love pvp, but I have not been successful at all with any of my accounts. Why? Because I find it a bit ridiculous for a level 5 ice to go up against a level 25 storm. Sorry, but its hard to kill someone who is 20 level higher. Wizard101 just isn't worth my time anymore. They seriously need to fix this, because I know at leasr 5 other players who are quitting, too.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2012
two questions:

1. Are you saying the system doesn take into account player level when making parings, just rank level?
That would be insane so I hope you are saying gain/lost rank has to do with current rank and not the level of the opponent.

2. I don't know the term puppet. does it mean someone is double boxing or is it just some version of twink?

I would love to twink my balance mage, but it seems like I will have to become a tc weenie to even try. also I went life secondary, which seems to have been a mistake. feint looks like it would have been a better choice.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
I agree! I'm level thirty and mostly, people with level fourty+ will join. I think it's just so they will win. Now, they don't always win but it's really high/close of them winning. I know without a limit anyone can join but with a limit, fewer people join.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i agree~ my level 17 corporal is now a private again, because she always gets paired up against level 25+ knights and warlords in full pvp/crowns gear with spud pets and critical.

that's broken... your average level 17 wizard does not have access to those stats, once again proving that those with the deepest pockets will become warlords, while the rest of us are left behind.

-von

Survivor
Nov 06, 2012
Jumbo99 on Nov 10, 2012 wrote:
I know i'm not the only one who realizes this issue during pvp. Say your a lvl 5 knight and you want to 1v1. You get the icon that says "Go to Arena" Then when you get to the arena you see that the person your versing is a lvl 30 commander in full commander gear with 20 attack strength and 53-55 resist. It's just unfair for a lvl 5 to vs a lvl 30. You have no chance what so ever of winning. I Suggest we can only have up to 5-7 lvl difference. So if your a lvl 5 you could only verse up to a lvl 10-12.
if you move your mouse over the person you want to duel, it will show what lvl they are. you were srsly going to quit because of pvp?

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Simple solution: Do not PvP. It's seems complicated, I KNOW, but hold that pain that tells you to go the arena, because PvP will always be broken, since the day it was implemented, since the day people stop playing [ranked] PvP all together.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
Destiny StarBlosso... on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
I know what you mean. This happened to my level 5 ice girl. She is great at pvp and I love playing her. I keep getting paired up with level 20's-30's. This also happens with my level 58 girl. Me and my friend Joseph (ice) Like to pvp together. But every time we do we get paired up with archmages. His level is only 61. Wizard101 really needs to fix this. I'm almost to the point of quitting of wizard101 for this.
I totally get what you mean my lvl 6 fire who finally got captain got some lvl 20 private and got beaten so I lost 23 points and lost knight

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
I concur with your issue because my lvl 16 myth just barely got commander after being brutally assaulted by treasure card tritons, storm lord, orthrus, medusa, even basilisk. Those types of spells NEED a level restrictor or something to keep low level cheaters from using them in pvp. Just like how treasure card polymorphs are banned from pvp the same should be done with these level 48 and up treasure cards

Cya in the Spiral

Blake TitanCaller Lvl 87 Storm wizard

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
There's a lot of people playing ranked PvP...

You have to understand that ELO ranking is supposedly a zero sum system. That means that for every Warlord, there must also exist a number of losing players that contributed to the Warlord's rank (because every rank gained must come from another player).

If you lose, it's because you are just not good at it. The system is clearly NOT broken, because level 20-30 Warlords are not in shortage. Go to the fansite wizard101central.com and read about the PvP. I personally have 3 Warlords in the 30-35 range. I go against level 60 privates and personally, I much rather face the 60 privates than the 30 Warlords. Level means a lot less in this game than other games. My wife's level 60 Fire Wizard would not stand a snowball's chance in hell against my level 30 Balance Wizard (or my 35 Myth or my 30 Life).

People who lose in PvP in Wizard101 are the same as people who lose in Chess or people who lose in other competition --- either lack of practice or lack of understanding.

Because you even go in to the Arena, ask yourself this question: Why should I be the winner against another player who has the same access to spells as I do? Where is my advantage? Am I better prepared? Do I know something they don't? If you just randomly walks into an Arena unprepared, then you are asking to be defeated by people who DO know something you don't and they ARE better prepared than you.

You can either PvP for fun (in which case, you shouldn't care if you lose), or you can PvP seriously, in which case, you study how to win and you will end up winning a lot more often than the average player.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
Hey, is pvp ever gonna fixed because me and my friend got faced with a level 83 and 88 and we are level 8 and 31 yes they were both private and our ranks were veteran and commander but still there was no chance we could win against that high of a level...

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Yes, certain aspects of PvP are definitely broken... KI assumes that just because you're a commander or a warlord, you can take on a player at 20 or more levels higher than you, just because they're private or around that. Sometimes they're not even private... how insane is that!! Something needs to be done.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Yes, it is going to get fixed. Hang in there, you are going to be happy soon.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2011
Its so unfair when I teamed up with my storm friend we had to face a level 90 and I went down but did not rank down from my veteran to sergeant. However my friend ranked down and when he tried to get back up he kept having to vs. more high levels and he was a veteran now he is only a private so can you please fix the level matching in pvp on the next update

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I don't believe it. The highest I ever got matched was as commander on a level 5 vs a level 33. I don't believe you would get put against that high. Maybe 50s but not 80s.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I can believe it. I've been watching the matched ranking system for a while, and I do notice that low levels are getting matched with 80-90 wizards.

The low levels were Commander and Warlord, while the high levels were Private or Sergeant. Still, no matter how you look at it, it's completely unfair that low levels are matched against high levels, no matter what rank/title they hold

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
Hey this to be honest is my first post on this forum thing, but i have to get this off my chest man! (or woman)
Now most of us know what its like to be proud of your rank on Ranked PVP (or pvp in general)
BUT WAIT! Why is this guy so geared out? wait a warlord!? LVL 90!? against a little lvl 28 this is just unfair, KingIsle if you read this ( i mean really really read this) plz make this whole pvp system work our for the lower and higher levels.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
Okay, I seriously am really mad and not looking for anyones comments trying to justify what I am saying is wrong. First of all. Ki you need to make treasure cards limited to certain lvls. People make new accounts. Use tc to get them a high rank, get gear and basically win their way to warlord by using tc and having that gear. The thing I am mad about is I use crafted gear from wintertusk and I use my spells and no tc. I got to warlord withought tc or high resist. When I started to get other "warlords" They have +50 resist are like lvl 30-45 and use tc. All of them use rank 7 or 8 spells that are totally unfair. Many people call it "Strategy" or "Being smart" but I see it as not even pvping. I like to pvp to try and test my skills. But when I dont even have levy (lvl 65 storm) and they are using medusa ice angel and efreet. How am I going to compete with that? The problem is, is that people now want it to show off not really as I do it for fun. I got done with a pvp that we had no chance on winning. They had 59 resist and used only tc. I honestly cant go pvp withought running into these guys.

By now everyone is going to comment saying if I dont like it dont pvp. The new adjustments to the pvp didnt really help anything. My advice is, Put lvl caps on Everything. Make the tc availible at certain lvls. Make it to where you can get commander gear at 20. I see lvl 1 & 2 with all this gear and its unfair to those who are actually using what they have. Honestly, I think the ranking should be taken out and something else be put in. Everyone wants to get the Warlord title to show off. If there isnt a badge I bet no one will even want to pvp. All in all, I am tired of trying to pvp with someone I can't even kill. I am sure no one agrees since most of you do this but if anyone agrees maybe give some ideas that maybe can help? Or tell a story that you just want to rave about.

I am losing many battles that I can win if they used the actual spells they have. I am just tired of it. I always pvp because its fun, now I dont want to.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
k31th on May 5, 2013 wrote:
Okay, I seriously am really mad and not looking for anyones comments trying to justify what I am saying is wrong. First of all. Ki you need to make treasure cards limited to certain lvls. People make new accounts. Use tc to get them a high rank, get gear and basically win their way to warlord by using tc and having that gear. The thing I am mad about is I use crafted gear from wintertusk and I use my spells and no tc. I got to warlord withought tc or high resist. When I started to get other "warlords" They have +50 resist are like lvl 30-45 and use tc. All of them use rank 7 or 8 spells that are totally unfair. Many people call it "Strategy" or "Being smart" but I see it as not even pvping. I like to pvp to try and test my skills. But when I dont even have levy (lvl 65 storm) and they are using medusa ice angel and efreet. How am I going to compete with that? The problem is, is that people now want it to show off not really as I do it for fun. I got done with a pvp that we had no chance on winning. They had 59 resist and used only tc. I honestly cant go pvp withought running into these guys.

By now everyone is going to comment saying if I dont like it dont pvp. The new adjustments to the pvp didnt really help anything. My advice is, Put lvl caps on Everything. Make the tc availible at certain lvls. Make it to where you can get commander gear at 20. I see lvl 1 & 2 with all this gear and its unfair to those who are actually using what they have. Honestly, I think the ranking should be taken out and something else be put in. Everyone wants to get the Warlord title to show off. If there isnt a badge I bet no one will even want to pvp. All in all, I am tired of trying to pvp with someone I can't even kill. I am sure no one agrees since most of you do this but if anyone agrees maybe give some ideas that maybe can help? Or tell a story that you just want to rave about.

I am losing many battles that I can win if they used the actual spells they have. I am just tired of it. I always pvp because its fun, now I dont want to.
hmm lol they must have been using defense only gear because there's no way a lvl like that could have high resist like that and equal damage. so why won't you just spam DOT spells on them all the time and dispel them on life so they can't heal and a doom and gloom would work. but seriously you can't say it isn't fair just because you get beat by lower levels you need to get over it and keep trying because the point of pvp is to try to do your best, i mean you're suppose to wear your best gear for pvp and have your best pet and your best wand or sword thingy XD. so my point is to stop whining about you can do anything you want in pvp so you will have to deal with it. PS:you can only call it cheating if you're fighting more than one wizard by yourself now that's unfair (Blaze Moonmender lvl 90)

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
k31th on May 5, 2013 wrote:

I do agree for the most part. PvP is now about getting Jade gear, using high level TC, and turtles. It's not about the skill and strategy of using your own spells at your own level any more. It's sad that many who are just starting PvP will be in for a rude awakening when they keep losing to those that don't know how to use their own skill sets.