Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is 100% unfair

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2010
I think all PvP is unfair. This has nothing to do with classes, just levels. there are 2 basic reasons:
1) There are ways to cheat for low levels (Unfair)
2) how can you possibly achieve any points when you're getting one-shotted by superior level toons? (ver unfair)

Solution: Wizard needs to break up all PvP into incrament levels of 5 for competition. level 1-5, 6-10, etc. Under NO circumstances will any toon of higher or lower level be able to compete in any rank outside their incrament bracket. This would solve all problems as far as I'm concerned.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
randylay wrote:
I think all PvP is unfair. This has nothing to do with classes, just levels. there are 2 basic reasons:
2) how can you possibly achieve any points when you're getting one-shotted by superior level toons? (ver unfair)

Solution: Wizard needs to break up all PvP into incrament levels of 5 for competition. level 1-5, 6-10, etc. Under NO circumstances will any toon of higher or lower level be able to compete in any rank outside their incrament bracket. This would solve all problems as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with the level restrictions, but increments of 5 is a little too steep. I think 10 level increments would be much more reasonable. It'd take longer to find matches, but personally, I'd rather wait for a fair match, than quickly join an unfair match.

Those that oppose this idea will say somethin' along the lines of, "If you don't like the matches you're gettin', then level up to Transcended." Well, what if we like low-level, or mid-level PvP? I agree with this post.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
randylay wrote:

Sure, the levels in increments would solve the problem, which honestly shouldn't exist to begin with. Sadly, KI isn't changing anything.
FYI, there's no way to truly cheat in Wizard101. You may not like some of the spells/shields, etc., but it's not cheating.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
pvp is somewhat fair if you dont like high lvls beating you get to the max lvl and THEN pvp. ( read gama's post the longer you are in a match the more difficult or easy your opponent will be.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Historian
May 01, 2010
Which would you rather: higher levels, where you have a chance at knowing your own spells better than them (saying they must be somewhat lower rank then you), or higher rank, which probably will know their cards better than you? The pvp system matched you up to higher levels because of there werent many people within your range (as in 50 plus or minus rank, and about 5 plus or minus level [note, these were off the top of my head, probably not like that though]), so they expanded the search. The only tip i have is probably if the matchup is taking a long time, then restart, because the long you wait, the more distanced youa re from your oppoment.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
Two words: Eh no.

Two more words: Useless reply

Instead of just saying 'eh no' like a troll, maybe you can state why you disagree?
Otherwise you come accross as one of those losers that depend on huge lvl gaps to win - which is likely the case, anyway.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2011
Its call strategy. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
its called unfair

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
Cedrien wrote:
randylay wrote:

I agree with the level restrictions, but increments of 5 is a little too steep. I think 10 level increments would be much more reasonable. It'd take longer to find matches, but personally, I'd rather wait for a fair match, than quickly join an unfair match.

Those that oppose this idea will say somethin' along the lines of, "If you don't like the matches you're gettin', then level up to Transcended." Well, what if we like low-level, or mid-level PvP? I agree with this post.

I agree, the way things sit now a pair of level 20 somethings will often find themselves facing a level 70 who duel boxes with a second dummy account that has a level 1. In most cases the level 1 has been "Leveled Down" to get rid of the 500 PvP points he starts with. This allows the level 70 to manipulate the system so he can fight players far weaker than he is, and rack up win after win.

KI should either A: bracket PvP by increments of 10 levels, or B: make it to where you can only face someone who is +- 5 levels of you, so a 15 could face 10 to 20, while a 13 could face 8 to 18.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2011
loki1201 wrote:
Two words: Eh no.

Two more words: Useless reply

Instead of just saying 'eh no' like a troll, maybe you can state why you disagree?
Otherwise you come accross as one of those losers that depend on huge lvl gaps to win - which is likely the case, anyway.
two words... Be nice

Survivor
Nov 13, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:
5150Seth wrote:
i have been doing a lot of player vs player lately and the first time i did it i was one on one vs a level 70 storm guy and i was wondering if it was possible to make it so people only faced others in there level range i think it is unfair that a transcended guy can come in kill people who are say level 30 and kill them and get the arena tickets possibly going up in rank for killing a lower level person who will get none

In the update they fixed the level range problem, so problem already solved.
i just went and did a 4v4 pvp and faced all trenscended people other than one guy who was legendary

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
randylay wrote:

First off, this isn't Toontown (thank the moodha) so please don't refer to wizards as "toons". Second, there are absolutely no ways to cheat at ANY level! And use shields for the second problem, i've seen adepts take down legendarys before.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Its call strategy. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
No, it's called exploiting. It's a cheap way to win, and earns the user nothing but dishonor. However, I don't see the game implementing a fix until their next major update.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
5150Seth wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
5150Seth wrote:
i have been doing a lot of player vs player lately and the first time i did it i was one on one vs a level 70 storm guy and i was wondering if it was possible to make it so people only faced others in there level range i think it is unfair that a transcended guy can come in kill people who are say level 30 and kill them and get the arena tickets possibly going up in rank for killing a lower level person who will get none

In the update they fixed the level range problem, so problem already solved.
i just went and did a 4v4 pvp and faced all trenscended people other than one guy who was legendary
what pvp rank were they and what pvp rank are you that is also a factor. if a team of 70's at rank 20 vs. a team of warlords lvl 48. or like my death commander at lvl 60 vs. a lvl 70 myth veteran. ( and i did win )

Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
Ok, so recently i found out how UNFAIR pvp has became since i first did it. Now I like to PvP on my level 16 storm with some of her level 16 friends. The highest rank any of us have is veteren, and we go against legends ALL the time. It is EXTREAMLY annoying and i think Kingsisle should fix it as soon as posssible.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
These are called puppet teams, and yes, I agree that they are unfair. This has been a long time exploit of PvP and I hope it will be fixed soon.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
kileygurl wrote:
Ok, so recently i found out how UNFAIR pvp has became since i first did it. Now I like to PvP on my level 16 storm with some of her level 16 friends. The highest rank any of us have is veteren, and we go against legends ALL the time. It is EXTREAMLY annoying and i think Kingsisle should fix it as soon as posssible.
I agree. I made a post suggesting a fix, don't know if anyone responded.

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
I would'nt complain because if you do they will just take away pvp and i'm a warlord on all accept for life...

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
kileygurl wrote:
Was it ranked or practice? That may determine how you get opponents. In practice you can put a lvl limit on your match.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
kileygurl wrote:

Kileygurl,

Two things,

1. Did you join the match and wait a long time? If so, then KI starts and keeps expaaning the search very quickly now. If you stay in longer than one minute, you are very likely to get a Wizard group one level higher.
If you stayed for for a longer time, the separation gets larger and larger.
I am betting this is exactly what happened to you.

2. If you had an upper Ranked group, and the Legendary were all privates, this can happen too if you stay in tehque too long.

Joe.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I got to agree. These pvp matches are a pain in the neck. I'm a trancsended and it takes 1 hour to beat another of the same level. But pvp was meant to be fair, each school has it's own strengths and weaknesses. You need to find out what the characteristics of your school are and exploit them.

Sincerely Jeffrey Spirithunter
lvl 70 Necromancer
"The greatest things come with great sacrifice"

Explorer
Sep 19, 2009
ok so over the past few days i've been in pvp i'm a corporall that sometimes goes back down to private. every time a set up a match i'm against a seargent if i'm private, and i'm against a veteran if i'm corporall. :x so they almost always win! it just seems unfair to me because they have the advantage. has this been happening to anyone else?

Samantha Hawkrider Transcended Theurgist

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
windwarrior700 wrote:
ok so over the past few days i've been in pvp i'm a corporall that sometimes goes back down to private. every time a set up a match i'm against a seargent if i'm private, and i'm against a veteran if i'm corporall. :x so they almost always win! it just seems unfair to me because they have the advantage. has this been happening to anyone else?

Samantha Hawkrider Transcended Theurgist

windwarrior700, rank doesn't give any sort of advantage at all. I see plenty of Knights and Captains defeating Warlords. Also this did happen to me, my old Death when he was Veteran get matched up with plenty of Commanders and Captains, but I lost only once to a Commander. If you pay more attention to the arena you can cleary see lower rank players pulling plenty of wins on people a higher rank than them.

Jason StrongHeart-Conjurer Forever

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
If you are playing higher ranked wizards, then they are a lower level than you. Also, when you play higher ranked wizards, you lose less points. You might only lose 0-6 points against a higher ranked wizard, but get 30 points for a win.

I can't pretend to fully understand KI's matching and scoring system, but I think it could use some improvement.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
I am quite mad! :( When I do PvP and I go on a team, all of a sudden a high level player goes in the team then switches to the other. It's not cool how high levels treat lower levels unfairly. For instance, I went on a team with a level 64 life. As soon as I got there, the level 64 went to the other team. I mean, I know they don't want to be on a team with a level 10 or something but really? Just because they are low level doesn't mean they aren't strong. I can go to the wizard City Bazaar and buy STRONG treasure cards, I can buy armor that gives me treasure cards, and I can equip a pet that gives me a card. I can also buy an amulet at the Wizard City Bazaar. And yes, I know you can change the settings to for example levels 12 - 23, but it still isn't fair. Can someone PLEASE fix this? If it doesn't get better, I am just going stop PvP. If you are one of the people who do this: Please Stop! It's rude, ya' know.

~Jennifer LifePetal Level 11 Life