Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Needs Over Time Damage Spell!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Storm definitely does not need a DoT due to the simple fact of them being incredibly powerful already. If you really have that much trouble with storm shields then all you gotta do is this use pierce from treasures or prism. If you're looking for a DoT that hits all opponents, I can tell you right now it isn't going to happen anytime soon. Since this is obviously a team battle you can easily get a myth to break the shields first with earthquake to get you a powerful shot. That itself is a huge advantage over your opponent. So be happy with the moves you got already and the new insane bolt and supercharge.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
Daviato wrote:
Yes because none of the people here are not even storm, so of curse they not gonna support my Idea... I think majority are death, life, and fire wizards.

You really think that's the only reason people aren't agreeing with you? That they aren't storm? I have a storm. I see a lot of the regular PvP forum posters in here as well and I know that many, if not all, have a storm. People are disagreeing because you are not sufficiently making a case that storm needs an AoE DoT spell. Instead of trying to address issues raised, such as what about life and balance (since they don't have one either) you're just jumping on the "well you're not storm" argument. It doesn't matter what the rest of the posters schools are. The game has 7 schools and needs to be balanced. Perhaps you should make a few more wizards before you continue this discussion.

I defend storm school because is my favorite and if people keep complaining about storm then I will defend it. I don't want tempest spell to be change while the other schools don't get any spell change. And I agree with you every school should have a Dot spell! I will love my balance to have one too. I just felt that storm needs a spell like snow angel, I'm really tired of storm one hit damage. Yea we have storm hound and storm elf but its damage is low and cant be enchanted...

I have a lvl 60 storm, lvl 60 balance and lvl 44 fire. Making a life soon :D

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
Daviato wrote:
Not 80% block rate.... 80% of the time critical are always block...

We're on the same page... but you're clearly being emotional about the amount of times someone blocks your critical. It isn't 80% of the time over the long haul. A few hours watching PvP matches has clearly showed that to me. Do you somehow think that other schools criticals do not get blocked as often or more often than storm criticals? The facts, regarding critical, are that storm hits critical more often than every other school and when they do, the damage benefit of that critical is better than every other school because they have the highest gear damage boost.

Well I rarely do team matches, I'm more into 1v1... In my last 20 fights maybe about 3 or 4 of critical weren't block.

Depending on the gear.... If some people choose to do pvp with lvl 58 gear their critical block is very low and of curse they wont block critical. The other day I was watching a match and I saw my friend do critical on tempest. Only 2 out 4 of the other team block tempest, well from the look of it 2 of the guys were wearing lvl 60 clothes while the other 2 were still wearing lvl 58 clothes.

Also, there is the new lvl 56 rings and athames for every school which gives damage boost and blocking rating.

My point is if you don't have the right gear then most of time you wont block critical. Some people choose different gear maybe for more health or power pip chance, but is all up to them.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Daviato wrote:
I defend storm school because is my favorite and if people keep complaining about storm then I will defend it. I don't want tempest spell to be change while the other schools don't get any spell change.

I don't want tempest to be changed either. However, I don't think that storm needs an AoE DoT spell.

Daviato wrote:
And I agree with you every school should have a Dot spell! I will love my balance to have one too.

My point wasn't that I thought every school should get a DoT spell, it was that other schools are in the same boat as storm and life is in an even worse boat since they don't have any DoT via any method I'm aware of.

Daviato wrote:
I just felt that storm needs a spell like snow angel, I'm really tired of storm one hit damage. Yea we have storm hound and storm elf but its damage is low and cant be enchanted...

I understand being tired of one hit damage... many ice wizards, on the other hand, would like to be able to one hit once in a while without round upon round of setup which then inevitably requires a DoT to remove shields followed by finally hitting. However, that's the nature of the school, just as one hit damage is the nature of storm's school. The point of DoT spells for storm is to drop shields so that you can follow up with a one hit kill and you have that in storm elf for 1v1. For group play, you can use a myth spell or team with a myth.

If you think the complaints about tempest are bad now, I assure you that adding this kind of spell to Storm will make things far worse for you.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Daviato wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:
Daviato wrote:
Yes because none of the people here are not even storm, so of curse they not gonna support my Idea... I think majority are death, life, and fire wizards.

You really think that's the only reason people aren't agreeing with you? That they aren't storm? I have a storm. I see a lot of the regular PvP forum posters in here as well and I know that many, if not all, have a storm. People are disagreeing because you are not sufficiently making a case that storm needs an AoE DoT spell. Instead of trying to address issues raised, such as what about life and balance (since they don't have one either) you're just jumping on the "well you're not storm" argument. It doesn't matter what the rest of the posters schools are. The game has 7 schools and needs to be balanced. Perhaps you should make a few more wizards before you continue this discussion.

I defend storm school because is my favorite and if people keep complaining about storm then I will defend it. I don't want tempest spell to be change while the other schools don't get any spell change. And I agree with you every school should have a Dot spell! I will love my balance to have one too. I just felt that storm needs a spell like snow angel, I'm really tired of storm one hit damage. Yea we have storm hound and storm elf but its damage is low and cant be enchanted...

I have a lvl 60 storm, lvl 60 balance and lvl 44 fire. Making a life soon :D

If you got a spell like snow angel Storm would be crushed because of the taunt and the reason why Storm doesnt have a spell like fire dragon or snow angel is because of their health in PvE 4 wizards against 4 monsters your the only storm there and there is no life there you use a spell like snow angel all the monster attack you and you instantly die. If storm were to have a move like that in PvP no one would be able to beat storm and a lot of people would find no point playing PvP. Kingsisle does what they do for a reason they try to keep all schools even and give every school and advantage no other school has. Fire with DoT and Aoe spells, Storm with most critical boost and most attack, Ice with most resist and health, Life with most healing, Death with draining spells, Myth with minions, and Balance knowing spells from each school. No school is overpowered nor underpowered.

Aaron Drakewalker Level 60
Pyromancer

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
flarzedrago9 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
Daviato wrote:
I already knew that people! about the storm elf over time damage card.

What We Don't have is a over time damage spell FOR ALL targets. That what i was trying to say geez...

Storm doesn't have a drain spell like Necromancers. Need one of those too?

They better hurry and make him one before he starts complaining about death wizards!

NO, don't make one! Drain spells are death's special ability!

Ryan Moonshield level 45 Death

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
Oh yeah, the double storm team who stomped me and my 2v2 partner in 4 rounds really needed a DoT spell. Nope, first turn and Storm Lord followed by tandem hits with Tempest didn't provide nearly enough power to defeat two fairly good Balance legendaries without giving them a chance to do more than set a shield or two.

Think of all of those poor storm wizards, they are so delicate, they really do require more damage power to protect themselves. AND they really don't have time to practice, what with all the storm lording and leviathan casting.

give death a DoE DoT spell that siphons health. Please, pretty please?

LOL

Scarlet/Rowan/qbb

We don't need a D.O.T. spell for death because we already have one!
here it is:
Poison it's a spell.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I am sure, in time, since the game is far from over, storm will be given an AOE DOT spell.

Now, why you might want it now, as almost everyone wants ultimate power as soon as possible, this is something that storm will just have to wait for. Patience is a virtue.

If the game gave any school a nuke, everything would be blown up. Nothing would be left. What fun would that be?

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
FDrybob wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
Daviato wrote:
I already knew that people! about the storm elf over time damage card.

What We Don't have is a over time damage spell FOR ALL targets. That what i was trying to say geez...

Storm doesn't have a drain spell like Necromancers. Need one of those too?

They better hurry and make him one before he starts complaining about death wizards!

NO, don't make one! Drain spells are death's special ability!

Ryan Moonshield level 45 Death

Dude whats your problem were just kidding arond geez.

Aaron Drakewalker Level 60
Pyromancer