Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Needs Over Time Damage Spell!

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Oh yeah, the double storm team who stomped me and my 2v2 partner in 4 rounds really needed a DoT spell. Nope, first turn and Storm Lord followed by tandem hits with Tempest didn't provide nearly enough power to defeat two fairly good Balance legendaries without giving them a chance to do more than set a shield or two.

Think of all of those poor storm wizards, they are so delicate, they really do require more damage power to protect themselves. AND they really don't have time to practice, what with all the storm lording and leviathan casting.

Yes, in cased it was missed, I was being sarcastic. Re-read with an arched eyebrow, an amused half-smile, and a dry sense of humor, please :-o

How about this: Give storm a regular 2-pip storm elf, like fire elf, give fire an updated Dragon that stuns all opponents, and give Balance an X-pip DoE spell. Now THAT would be fun, wouldn't it?

While I'm wishing, let's give life a DoT spell that gives the user health (like Link) AND add stun to Forest Lord, give myth a DoE DoT spell that double hits to remove shields, and give death a DoE DoT spell that siphons health. Please, pretty please?

LOL

Scarlet/Rowan/qbb

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:
Oh yeah, the double storm team who stomped me and my 2v2 partner in 4 rounds really needed a DoT spell. Nope, first turn and Storm Lord followed by tandem hits with Tempest didn't provide nearly enough power to defeat two fairly good Balance legendaries without giving them a chance to do more than set a shield or two.

Think of all of those poor storm wizards, they are so delicate, they really do require more damage power to protect themselves. AND they really don't have time to practice, what with all the storm lording and leviathan casting.

Yes, in cased it was missed, I was being sarcastic. Re-read with an arched eyebrow, an amused half-smile, and a dry sense of humor, please :-o

How about this: Give storm a regular 2-pip storm elf, like fire elf, give fire an updated Dragon that stuns all opponents, and give Balance an X-pip DoE spell. Now THAT would be fun, wouldn't it?

While I'm wishing, let's give life a DoT spell that gives the user health (like Link) AND add stun to Forest Lord, give myth a DoE DoT spell that double hits to remove shields, and give death a DoE DoT spell that siphons health. Please, pretty please?

LOL

Scarlet/Rowan/qbb

What about myth? They have a DOT spell with the frog pet... Do you think that's fair?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Daviato wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:

LOL

Scarlet/Rowan/qbb

What about myth? They have a DOT spell with the frog pet... Do you think that's fair?

Lol Queenly you summed it perfectly.

Daviato, storm is amazing it is the most over powered school in the game currently. If anything it should have it's spells powered down. A lot of storm have been complaining in mass quanities lately because blast and win, the common strategy of storm has been failing recently because player are actually shielding now. So my advice is just you know some PvP matches require your own shields to be used, maybe a few heals. And just because blast and win didn't work doesn't mean storm is broken lol.

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
If you want to get rid of a storm shield, try using a storm elf or a storm hound.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Daviato wrote:

Considering that it is a fixed amount pet card (no gargantuan option coupled with one time use) and that myth doesn't have the ability to generate nearly as much damage as storm, yes... yes I do. Its also important to note that while myth got 2 AoE spells, neither of them do much base damage and frankly, given that myth has earthquake and its huge arsenal of shield defying spells, this doesn't really alter their capabilities.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Daviato wrote:
Don't you think how unfair is that the strongest school on the game cant do any damage due to the over use of storm shields?

um try playing a convert after someone plays a storm shield - shield no longer shields at that point

and

no, we don'tneed a DOT spell. Lighting doesn't strike and then hang around. It strikes quick for a lot of damage.

We're not a slow type that digests stuff (like the frog), or freezes stuff (like ice), or burns stuff up, we're a fast BOOM! type.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Storm Hound Go to the Wizard City pet shop for it or Pet Pavillion Pet shop or just farm malistare for the pet

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
kingurz wrote:
You can mutate a fire elf into a storm elf.

cant trade mutate cards

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Daviato wrote:

Yes, considering that Myth has always had a DoT spell. Minotaur is technically a DoT spell. It hits twice, but in the same turn. So Myth wizards have always had the ability to remove shields. It's just that their Frog DoT is not as effective as a Minotaur type spell (since there is no defense but to double stack).

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:

LOL

Scarlet/Rowan/qbb

Daviato, storm is amazing it is the most over powered school in the game currently. If anything it should have it's spells powered down. A lot of storm have been complaining in mass quanities lately because blast and win, the common strategy of storm has been failing recently because player are actually shielding now. So my advice is just you know some PvP matches require your own shields to be used, maybe a few heals. And just because blast and win didn't work doesn't mean storm is broken lol.

Why should storm damage be powered down?? Then if it is, Ice and Life and the other school should be powered down... I NOT COMPLAINING! Just made a suggestion...

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:

LOL

Scarlet/Rowan/qbb

Another thing if storm damage is powered down then give storm more health! we still stuck in the 2,000 while the other schools are from the 3,000 to 4,000 of health. With the current new resistance gear storm damage has been lower down.

People complain about wildbolt what else they want to take from storm? It's power then storm wouldn't be storm LOL.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Daviato wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:

LOL

Scarlet/Rowan/qbb

Another thing if storm damage is powered down then give storm more health! we still stuck in the 2,000 while the other schools are from the 3,000 to 4,000 of health. With the current new resistance gear storm damage has been lower down.

People complain about wildbolt what else they want to take from storm? It's power then storm wouldn't be storm LOL.
Storm is still powerful with tempest spamming.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Daviato wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:

LOL

Scarlet/Rowan/qbb

Exactly my point so don't complain in the first place. KI should never do what complainers want. Before Waterworks always complained they wanted more accuracy, more critical, more damage increase, more resistance. Storm got everything and they are still not happy with it I mean really? It feels like some people on these message boards won't be happy until their schools are completely invincible.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Zzatdragon wrote:
kingurz wrote:
You can mutate a fire elf into a storm elf.

cant trade mutate cards

I can't speak for all mutate cards, but you can trade the mutate Fire Elf treasure card. Try it sometime.

But that is besides the point. The point is for the original poster to train up to Fire Elf and buy the treasure cards from the Bazaar.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
Daviato wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:

LOL

Scarlet/Rowan/qbb

Unless you missed a few posts, that really doesnt help your side of the arguement. yea the myth frog has a DoT, but storm has 2 pets that give DoT.

why would you want to make storm stronger for PvP. 90% of the warlords I know are storm and when i do high level pvp I end up facing a storm Warlord EVERY OTHER ROUND!

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
acrios90 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:

LOL

Scarlet/Rowan/qbb

Unless you missed a few posts, that really doesnt help your side of the arguement. yea the myth frog has a DoT, but storm has 2 pets that give DoT.

why would you want to make storm stronger for PvP. 90% of the warlords I know are storm and when i do high level pvp I end up facing a storm Warlord EVERY OTHER ROUND!

I'm a PvP Commander, the majority in PvP 90% of the time Ice are Warlords.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
Exactly my point so don't complain in the first place. KI should never do what complainers want. Before Waterworks always complained they wanted more accuracy, more critical, more damage increase, more resistance. Storm got everything and they are still not happy with it I mean really? It feels like some people on these message boards won't be happy until their schools are completely invincible.

Everyone got the same level 60 gear; resistance, accuracy or power pip chance and healing boost.... Even if we have high Critical, the other schools have high Critical Block... 80% of the time critical are always block. In the other hand storm have low critical blocking which 50% of the time storm don't block critical.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Daviato wrote:
Everyone got the same level 60 gear; resistance, accuracy or power pip chance and healing boost.... Even if we have high Critical, the other schools have high Critical Block... 80% of the time critical are always block. In the other hand storm have low critical blocking which 50% of the time storm don't block critical.

I don't know where you get your figures from. Perhaps if all you fight is ice, that might be why you are seeing an 80% block rate... but even then, I've never seen that to be true. Regardless, I fail to see how any of this supports your assertion that storm needs an AoE DoT spell. What about storm, vs. other schools, justifies them getting this kind of spell? If storm was granted this spell, then what about Life and Balance? Should they get one too?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Daviato wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

With the rating system that is kind of impossible lol. And I rarely block a storms critical and i have 75 rating. Storm is perfectly fine if not more powerful than the other schools. You guys asked for more attack you guys got 82% Attack Boost. You guys wanted resist so now you guys have 26% resistance. You guys got the most accuracy boosts of gear to. So I still don't understand how you can complain about it and want more power. I mean think of how many people have posted having an all storm team tempest critical, and because storms criticals are the least blocked of any other school the storm team would win. So again I say i can't even see where you are coming from.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
Daviato wrote:

I don't know where you get your figures from. Perhaps if all you fight is ice, that might be why you are seeing an 80% block rate... but even then, I've never seen that to be true. Regardless, I fail to see how any of this supports your assertion that storm needs an AoE DoT spell. What about storm, vs. other schools, justifies them getting this kind of spell? If storm was granted this spell, then what about Life and Balance? Should they get one too?

Not 80% block rate.... 80% of the time critical are always block...

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
Daviato wrote:

Yes because none of the people here are not even storm, so of curse they not gonna support my Idea... I think majority are death, life, and fire wizards.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

With the rating system that is kind of impossible lol. And I rarely block a storms critical and i have 75 rating. Storm is perfectly fine if not more powerful than the other schools. You guys asked for more attack you guys got 82% Attack Boost. You guys wanted resist so now you guys have 26% resistance. You guys got the most accuracy boosts of gear to. So I still don't understand how you can complain about it and want more power. I mean think of how many people have posted having an all storm team tempest critical, and because storms criticals are the least blocked of any other school the storm team would win. So again I say i can't even see where you are coming from.

So you expected everyone to get resistance but not storm?? I never ask for storm to get resistance LoL. Anyways everyone got resistance so why you complaining about that?

I'm complaining? Again people don't fully read my post.... And I not asking for more power, where in my post did I ask: "storm needs more power"?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Daviato wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

So you expected everyone to get resistance but not storm?? I never ask for storm to get resistance LoL. Anyways everyone got resistance so why you complaining about that?

I'm complaining? Again people don't fully read my post.... And I not asking for more power, where in my post did I ask: "storm needs more power"?

Ok For one I'll completely Quote this time. Now ok for the power thing. Your complaining that storm deserves something that it doesn't have to your idea that the school of storm isn't good enough so excuse me for saying power let me say a word like "Buff Up"? Is that ok for you?

Everyone did get resistance. So did storm something complained about forever on this game and it happened and of course there are people that want more.

How Am I complaining lol? Your pretending like I didn't read your post. But then you act like I'm complaining which I wasn't at all. I'm stating the obvious there are people on the message boards that will complain and won't be happy unless their school is unbeatable.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Daviato wrote:
Yes because none of the people here are not even storm, so of curse they not gonna support my Idea... I think majority are death, life, and fire wizards.

You really think that's the only reason people aren't agreeing with you? That they aren't storm? I have a storm. I see a lot of the regular PvP forum posters in here as well and I know that many, if not all, have a storm. People are disagreeing because you are not sufficiently making a case that storm needs an AoE DoT spell. Instead of trying to address issues raised, such as what about life and balance (since they don't have one either) you're just jumping on the "well you're not storm" argument. It doesn't matter what the rest of the posters schools are. The game has 7 schools and needs to be balanced. Perhaps you should make a few more wizards before you continue this discussion.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Daviato wrote:
Not 80% block rate.... 80% of the time critical are always block...

We're on the same page... but you're clearly being emotional about the amount of times someone blocks your critical. It isn't 80% of the time over the long haul. A few hours watching PvP matches has clearly showed that to me. Do you somehow think that other schools criticals do not get blocked as often or more often than storm criticals? The facts, regarding critical, are that storm hits critical more often than every other school and when they do, the damage benefit of that critical is better than every other school because they have the highest gear damage boost.