Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pvp should never have existed.

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 15, 2009
673
I don't know about you, but I am honestly sick of this. no matter what character I use, no matter what gear I have, no matter what level I am. I always get set against war lords, knights, or max level characters and I am sick of it.

wizard101 should never have added a player versus player aspect to this game because it kills the "family friendly game" they put out there. PvP brings out the worst it everyone. I know people should be competitive, but this was the wrong way of doing it. I am tired of feeling like a complete failure because I am not good at PVP and I am tired of being made fun for it.

why should I have to feel terrible in a family friendly game? why should I have kids acting horribly towards me because I didn't decide to waste my life grinding to warlord as a magus spellcaster?

pvp needs to simply be taken out of game. I don't care if it's "Optional" content. it isn't optional when you are a max level wizard who has finished everything in the game. what am I supposed to do? just quit and let my membership run out until KI decides to add another world to the game? great that is SUCH a good use of my money. wasting hundreds of dollars on a game that I play until I catch up to the present and then I am stuck because I hate pvp and what it does to people.

I am a max level wizard for goodness sake. why should I be forced to put up with a bunch of arrogant players because you couldn't think of something more creative than pitting players against each other in an unfair match up.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
22
Hmmmm...
Some of this I have to agree with, but that doesn't mean PVP has to be throw out of the game. I just think they need to make PVP fair, like warlords should only be able to go up against warlords and commanders should only be able to go up against commanders. Same with levels, I shouldn't have to go up against a level 95 and then go up against a level 26

- Destiny SwiftStalker lvl 72

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
114
Pvp keeps people like me playing the game after questing. KI would lose a ton of players if pvp didn't exist. I know pvp isn't perfect and will probably never be, but it's one of the best things KI has to keep people playing.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
You can always start another wizard like many others have done. It's much easier with your max level wizard in place to share gear, regents, snacks and pets.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Samuel Wolfe on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
I don't know about you, but I am honestly sick of this. no matter what character I use, no matter what gear I have, no matter what level I am. I always get set against war lords, knights, or max level characters and I am sick of it.

wizard101 should never have added a player versus player aspect to this game because it kills the "family friendly game" they put out there. PvP brings out the worst it everyone. I know people should be competitive, but this was the wrong way of doing it. I am tired of feeling like a complete failure because I am not good at PVP and I am tired of being made fun for it.

why should I have to feel terrible in a family friendly game? why should I have kids acting horribly towards me because I didn't decide to waste my life grinding to warlord as a magus spellcaster?

pvp needs to simply be taken out of game. I don't care if it's "Optional" content. it isn't optional when you are a max level wizard who has finished everything in the game. what am I supposed to do? just quit and let my membership run out until KI decides to add another world to the game? great that is SUCH a good use of my money. wasting hundreds of dollars on a game that I play until I catch up to the present and then I am stuck because I hate pvp and what it does to people.

I am a max level wizard for goodness sake. why should I be forced to put up with a bunch of arrogant players because you couldn't think of something more creative than pitting players against each other in an unfair match up.
Just because you don't like/are not good at pvp does not mean that you have to ruin pvp for the rest of us. Pvp is a fun way to use some time, and I personally only play Wizard101 for pvp. If you don't like pvp, I have news for you: pvp is completely optional. I know many players that only quest, or quested for years before trying pvp. Make a new character, if you wish. Play a different game if you're bored of Wizard101 and don't like pvp. It is not essential in any way to pvp, and ruining the fun of pvp for a large portion of the community is a lose-lose situation. What good will taking away pvp do for anyone?

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
Samuel Wolfe on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
I don't know about you, but I am honestly sick of this. no matter what character I use, no matter what gear I have, no matter what level I am. I always get set against war lords, knights, or max level characters and I am sick of it.

wizard101 should never have added a player versus player aspect to this game because it kills the "family friendly game" they put out there. PvP brings out the worst it everyone. I know people should be competitive, but this was the wrong way of doing it. I am tired of feeling like a complete failure because I am not good at PVP and I am tired of being made fun for it.

why should I have to feel terrible in a family friendly game? why should I have kids acting horribly towards me because I didn't decide to waste my life grinding to warlord as a magus spellcaster?

pvp needs to simply be taken out of game. I don't care if it's "Optional" content. it isn't optional when you are a max level wizard who has finished everything in the game. what am I supposed to do? just quit and let my membership run out until KI decides to add another world to the game? great that is SUCH a good use of my money. wasting hundreds of dollars on a game that I play until I catch up to the present and then I am stuck because I hate pvp and what it does to people.

I am a max level wizard for goodness sake. why should I be forced to put up with a bunch of arrogant players because you couldn't think of something more creative than pitting players against each other in an unfair match up.
I understand that you are having problems with pvp but no matter what, pvp is optional. No one is forcing you to do pvp. If you feel pvp should have never existed then why do you do pvp? Why do you claim it's not optional when it clearly is optional? PvP does have its problems but I disagree with the fact that it should have never existed. Instead of asking for pvp to be removed from the game and ruining it for everyone, why don't you think of a new idea for the game that you and others enjoy?

Historian
May 15, 2009
673
Aaron SpellThief on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
Just because you don't like/are not good at pvp does not mean that you have to ruin pvp for the rest of us. Pvp is a fun way to use some time, and I personally only play Wizard101 for pvp. If you don't like pvp, I have news for you: pvp is completely optional. I know many players that only quest, or quested for years before trying pvp. Make a new character, if you wish. Play a different game if you're bored of Wizard101 and don't like pvp. It is not essential in any way to pvp, and ruining the fun of pvp for a large portion of the community is a lose-lose situation. What good will taking away pvp do for anyone?
I have to wonder aaron if you even read more than the first couple sentence of this before you decided to answer?
I stated before that I know people call it "optional" but in reality it really isn't. outside of questing that is all there really is to do unless you get a kick out of spending your day farming or crafting which I don't have the patience to do either except for the few items I need but can't buy from the bazaar.

Once players have come to the end of the current plotline what is there left to do? PvP is the only thing sitting there and honestly it's just a major annoyance. I have played PvP time and again on several of my wizards. I have been fair and I have given it several chances to prove it's more than a waste of time in my eyes, but the problem is that no matter what it simply is just a section the game reserved exclusively for players who player everything hardcore which I know that I and quite a number of players are not.

If King's Isle really wanted to give players something optional to do, then they need to give us something new other than pitting players against each other in an extremely flawed PvP system where a recruit with less than 100 rating can be put against a warlord who has more than a thousand rating. The bugs and vast level/skill differences in the arena are immense and no matter what I've seen them do to the arena, there "fixes" haven't solved any of the real problems.

and I stated before that I am paying a lot of money to play wizard101 I go for multiple months at a time. so why pray tell should I simply pack up and leave in the middle of one of my months because KI can't give players who aren't into the gruesome bickering and fighting of the arena something new to do? if you haven't noticed the group of players who PvP are a vast minority when it compares to the number of people who actually play the game. where are the other thousands upon thousands of players who are in game? I never see them in the arena. maybe If the system was fairer and we weren't always being pushed against ridiculous opponents either too high in level or too high in rank it wouldn't be so frustrating.

and I honestly doubt it would "ruin" the game by any means if KI replaced the arena with something that focused a little more on bringing out a fun competitive spirit than just bringing out bitter anger between players. Heck they wouldn't even have to go that far I honestly don't care if they let you keep your precious arena, but I would like something else to occupy my time in wizard101 other than having to deal with a bunch of wizards ready to claw each other to pieces because a good many of them are poor sports when they lose and even more of them are poor winners.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
Samuel Wolfe on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
I don't know about you, but I am honestly sick of this. no matter what character I use, no matter what gear I have, no matter what level I am. I always get set against war lords, knights, or max level characters and I am sick of it.

wizard101 should never have added a player versus player aspect to this game because it kills the "family friendly game" they put out there. PvP brings out the worst it everyone. I know people should be competitive, but this was the wrong way of doing it. I am tired of feeling like a complete failure because I am not good at PVP and I am tired of being made fun for it.

why should I have to feel terrible in a family friendly game? why should I have kids acting horribly towards me because I didn't decide to waste my life grinding to warlord as a magus spellcaster?

pvp needs to simply be taken out of game. I don't care if it's "Optional" content. it isn't optional when you are a max level wizard who has finished everything in the game. what am I supposed to do? just quit and let my membership run out until KI decides to add another world to the game? great that is SUCH a good use of my money. wasting hundreds of dollars on a game that I play until I catch up to the present and then I am stuck because I hate pvp and what it does to people.

I am a max level wizard for goodness sake. why should I be forced to put up with a bunch of arrogant players because you couldn't think of something more creative than pitting players against each other in an unfair match up.
My suggestion is to switch over to crowns only. That's what I have done. When you don't have a membership, you no longer feel compelled to "get your money's worth". It enhances the casual feel to the game knowing that once you purchase an area, it is open to any wizard on that account forever. I haven't been bothered by the PvP mentality since I came back to the game.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
284
gtarhannon on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
My suggestion is to switch over to crowns only. That's what I have done. When you don't have a membership, you no longer feel compelled to "get your money's worth". It enhances the casual feel to the game knowing that once you purchase an area, it is open to any wizard on that account forever. I haven't been bothered by the PvP mentality since I came back to the game.
thats true, its better to change to crowns

and three things

1: you are SOO right everybody is pushing and pushing and PUSHING me to pvp! i just so anoying because they say your wizard dosent work withought pvp, AHH! my wizard is fine!

2: the second guy is right, it should be even but not warlord and warlord like 32 with 32, 15 with 15, the same lvls, see what i am saying

3: pvp shouldnt be shot out the window X closes window X it should just be tweaked.

isaac goldheart lvl 23

anoyed bye pvp fanatics

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Samuel Wolfe on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
I have to wonder aaron if you even read more than the first couple sentence of this before you decided to answer?
I stated before that I know people call it "optional" but in reality it really isn't. outside of questing that is all there really is to do unless you get a kick out of spending your day farming or crafting which I don't have the patience to do either except for the few items I need but can't buy from the bazaar.

Once players have come to the end of the current plotline what is there left to do? PvP is the only thing sitting there and honestly it's just a major annoyance. I have played PvP time and again on several of my wizards. I have been fair and I have given it several chances to prove it's more than a waste of time in my eyes, but the problem is that no matter what it simply is just a section the game reserved exclusively for players who player everything hardcore which I know that I and quite a number of players are not.

If King's Isle really wanted to give players something optional to do, then they need to give us something new other than pitting players against each other in an extremely flawed PvP system where a recruit with less than 100 rating can be put against a warlord who has more than a thousand rating. The bugs and vast level/skill differences in the arena are immense and no matter what I've seen them do to the arena, there "fixes" haven't solved any of the real problems.

and I stated before that I am paying a lot of money to play wizard101 I go for multiple months at a time. so why pray tell should I simply pack up and leave in the middle of one of my months because KI can't give players who aren't into the gruesome bickering and fighting of the arena something new to do? if you haven't noticed the group of players who PvP are a vast minority when it compares to the number of people who actually play the game. where are the other thousands upon thousands of players who are in game? I never see them in the arena. maybe If the system was fairer and we weren't always being pushed against ridiculous opponents either too high in level or too high in rank it wouldn't be so frustrating.

and I honestly doubt it would "ruin" the game by any means if KI replaced the arena with something that focused a little more on bringing out a fun competitive spirit than just bringing out bitter anger between players. Heck they wouldn't even have to go that far I honestly don't care if they let you keep your precious arena, but I would like something else to occupy my time in wizard101 other than having to deal with a bunch of wizards ready to claw each other to pieces because a good many of them are poor sports when they lose and even more of them are poor winners.
As I stated in my previous post, pvp clearly is optional. I gave you 2 alternatives that most players do if they do not want to pvp. I have a good friend that played the game for over 4 years for deciding to pvp. Many players play the game in large part for its social aspects, which can be interesting. Pvp is a system where players can go against other real players, thus requiring much more skill to defeat than AIs that might use amazing and might use horrible spells. Some of us like to test our strategy against real players instead of just computers that are, to be honest, not very hard. A few simple fixes could make pvp much fairer. And vast minority? There are fan sites mostly/completely dedicated to pvp. Unless your definition of minority is different than mine, that is not really a minority. If you have a good idea for another thing to do after finishing the game, I'd love to hear it. Wizard101 sometimes does get boring. I'm not going to deny that. Saying that pvp never should have existed just because you do not like it, however, I do not agree with, and never will. And finally, poor sports? No matter what competition Kingsisle makes, and even if there is no competition, people will be bad sports. It's just human nature. Competition brings out anger when a player loses, as humans do not like to lose. Unless you change human nature, there's no real way to fix that.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
Samuel Wolfe on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
I have to wonder aaron if you even read more than the first couple sentence of this before you decided to answer?
I stated before that I know people call it "optional" but in reality it really isn't. outside of questing that is all there really is to do unless you get a kick out of spending your day farming or crafting which I don't have the patience to do either except for the few items I need but can't buy from the bazaar.

Once players have come to the end of the current plotline what is there left to do? PvP is the only thing sitting there and honestly it's just a major annoyance. I have played PvP time and again on several of my wizards. I have been fair and I have given it several chances to prove it's more than a waste of time in my eyes, but the problem is that no matter what it simply is just a section the game reserved exclusively for players who player everything hardcore which I know that I and quite a number of players are not.

If King's Isle really wanted to give players something optional to do, then they need to give us something new other than pitting players against each other in an extremely flawed PvP system where a recruit with less than 100 rating can be put against a warlord who has more than a thousand rating. The bugs and vast level/skill differences in the arena are immense and no matter what I've seen them do to the arena, there "fixes" haven't solved any of the real problems.

and I stated before that I am paying a lot of money to play wizard101 I go for multiple months at a time. so why pray tell should I simply pack up and leave in the middle of one of my months because KI can't give players who aren't into the gruesome bickering and fighting of the arena something new to do? if you haven't noticed the group of players who PvP are a vast minority when it compares to the number of people who actually play the game. where are the other thousands upon thousands of players who are in game? I never see them in the arena. maybe If the system was fairer and we weren't always being pushed against ridiculous opponents either too high in level or too high in rank it wouldn't be so frustrating.

and I honestly doubt it would "ruin" the game by any means if KI replaced the arena with something that focused a little more on bringing out a fun competitive spirit than just bringing out bitter anger between players. Heck they wouldn't even have to go that far I honestly don't care if they let you keep your precious arena, but I would like something else to occupy my time in wizard101 other than having to deal with a bunch of wizards ready to claw each other to pieces because a good many of them are poor sports when they lose and even more of them are poor winners.
Like I said before, there is no need to get rid of pvp just because YOU don't like it. Others enjoy it and a ton of people play this game mainly because of pvp. Unless someone is physically taking your character to the arena and clicking quick match 1v1, 2v2, etc, and entering the arena, then pvp is definitely optional. The game is optional so if you don't like pvp and you don't like it when you finish the game, then DON'T PLAY. Like I said before, how about you come up with some ideas for the game you like instead of ranting on about how pvp should not have existed. No harm can be done if you come up with new optional ideas to add into the game.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
22
Samuel Wolfe on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
I don't know about you, but I am honestly sick of this. no matter what character I use, no matter what gear I have, no matter what level I am. I always get set against war lords, knights, or max level characters and I am sick of it.

wizard101 should never have added a player versus player aspect to this game because it kills the "family friendly game" they put out there. PvP brings out the worst it everyone. I know people should be competitive, but this was the wrong way of doing it. I am tired of feeling like a complete failure because I am not good at PVP and I am tired of being made fun for it.

why should I have to feel terrible in a family friendly game? why should I have kids acting horribly towards me because I didn't decide to waste my life grinding to warlord as a magus spellcaster?

pvp needs to simply be taken out of game. I don't care if it's "Optional" content. it isn't optional when you are a max level wizard who has finished everything in the game. what am I supposed to do? just quit and let my membership run out until KI decides to add another world to the game? great that is SUCH a good use of my money. wasting hundreds of dollars on a game that I play until I catch up to the present and then I am stuck because I hate pvp and what it does to people.

I am a max level wizard for goodness sake. why should I be forced to put up with a bunch of arrogant players because you couldn't think of something more creative than pitting players against each other in an unfair match up.
Well, it's just one of those things, PvP is optional, so like some people have said is some of these comments no ones making you do it. Some people are good at pvp and some people are not it's just the way it is. Some of my friends have some really good gear but, when they try pvp they don't do that well, it's just the way it is, they mostly end up just doing PvE which satisfies them or just hanging out with their other friend. Don't put feel like you don't add up to the people in PvP your doing your best out there, so just have some fun. (If people try to make fun of you just ignore them or just block them, cause again we are all here for some fun).

-Duncan Leaf-

Historian
May 15, 2009
673
Aaron SpellThief on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
As I stated in my previous post, pvp clearly is optional. I gave you 2 alternatives that most players do if they do not want to pvp. I have a good friend that played the game for over 4 years for deciding to pvp. Many players play the game in large part for its social aspects, which can be interesting. Pvp is a system where players can go against other real players, thus requiring much more skill to defeat than AIs that might use amazing and might use horrible spells. Some of us like to test our strategy against real players instead of just computers that are, to be honest, not very hard. A few simple fixes could make pvp much fairer. And vast minority? There are fan sites mostly/completely dedicated to pvp. Unless your definition of minority is different than mine, that is not really a minority. If you have a good idea for another thing to do after finishing the game, I'd love to hear it. Wizard101 sometimes does get boring. I'm not going to deny that. Saying that pvp never should have existed just because you do not like it, however, I do not agree with, and never will. And finally, poor sports? No matter what competition Kingsisle makes, and even if there is no competition, people will be bad sports. It's just human nature. Competition brings out anger when a player loses, as humans do not like to lose. Unless you change human nature, there's no real way to fix that.
yes sure the "adapt or quit" a line can make even veteran players cringe just from the sheer audacity of it. again you have made it quite clear that you did not even bother to read what I stated or maybe you would just be repeating yourself like a broken record.

A.) Why should I have to feel compelled to play PVP after I finish everything in the story quest line up to the present? there is nothing else to do and frankly that is one of the big reasons why many people become inactive once they finish the new world. For example. With the release of the world Khrysalis we have seen a large boost in active players on the last day and a half. Give it a couple of weeks when most of them have had their fill of Part 2 and most will return to "sleep" as I call those vast periods of time where they are not online.

B.) Why should I? a hard working player who tries to set aside some money each month to continue playing, be forced to sit here and twiddle my thumbs because I have nothing left to do? There is nothing else on WIzard101 that would make the months between new worlds enjoyable and I end up wasting a lot of money because there is nothing else to do once I finish the storyline.

You say PvP is optional and while it is advertised as such In reality it really is not. Sure you don't 'Have' to play PvP, but when you finish everything else that is all there is left unless you want to waste your money and let the rest of your membership run out unused because you can't stand the thought of going into the cesspit of slander and hatred.

and FYI I have checked out these "PvP sites" and you know what? a good many of them are used by very few people. Anyone is capable of creating a website, heck you can even find some places who let you do it for free. simply because it has a website dedicated to it does not mean that a majority of players use it. if you honestly think that then I feel sad that you are willfully ignoring what is in front of your eyes.

and honestly? I probably could come up with something more fun and creative than a silly PvP mode that just ends in heated tempers no matter who wins or loses. if you have a game where you are pitting players against each other like the Arena, then yea you will always have bad tempers and bickering, but there are games out there that have proven you can go above that and create content that not only encourages a fun competitive spirit, but even rewards it when people work together.

I don't know about you but a couple measly tickets is not any kind of decent reward and if these matches were more fun maybe I wouldn't have such an issue with them.

human nature is what you make of it. if you focus on things that bring out the worst in people, then that is all you will ever see. Maybe you should stop to smell the roses once in a while, try playing something that focuses on teamwork rather than a brutal who can kill who the fastest or who can spam the most shields.

Hero
Dec 16, 2009
772
Samuel Wolfe on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
yes sure the "adapt or quit" a line can make even veteran players cringe just from the sheer audacity of it. again you have made it quite clear that you did not even bother to read what I stated or maybe you would just be repeating yourself like a broken record.

A.) Why should I have to feel compelled to play PVP after I finish everything in the story quest line up to the present? there is nothing else to do and frankly that is one of the big reasons why many people become inactive once they finish the new world. For example. With the release of the world Khrysalis we have seen a large boost in active players on the last day and a half. Give it a couple of weeks when most of them have had their fill of Part 2 and most will return to "sleep" as I call those vast periods of time where they are not online.

B.) Why should I? a hard working player who tries to set aside some money each month to continue playing, be forced to sit here and twiddle my thumbs because I have nothing left to do? There is nothing else on WIzard101 that would make the months between new worlds enjoyable and I end up wasting a lot of money because there is nothing else to do once I finish the storyline.

You say PvP is optional and while it is advertised as such In reality it really is not. Sure you don't 'Have' to play PvP, but when you finish everything else that is all there is left unless you want to waste your money and let the rest of your membership run out unused because you can't stand the thought of going into the cesspit of slander and hatred.

and FYI I have checked out these "PvP sites" and you know what? a good many of them are used by very few people. Anyone is capable of creating a website, heck you can even find some places who let you do it for free. simply because it has a website dedicated to it does not mean that a majority of players use it. if you honestly think that then I feel sad that you are willfully ignoring what is in front of your eyes.

and honestly? I probably could come up with something more fun and creative than a silly PvP mode that just ends in heated tempers no matter who wins or loses. if you have a game where you are pitting players against each other like the Arena, then yea you will always have bad tempers and bickering, but there are games out there that have proven you can go above that and create content that not only encourages a fun competitive spirit, but even rewards it when people work together.

I don't know about you but a couple measly tickets is not any kind of decent reward and if these matches were more fun maybe I wouldn't have such an issue with them.

human nature is what you make of it. if you focus on things that bring out the worst in people, then that is all you will ever see. Maybe you should stop to smell the roses once in a while, try playing something that focuses on teamwork rather than a brutal who can kill who the fastest or who can spam the most shields.
A) This is exactly the problem, you "feel" compelled to play PvP, this does not make it mandatory but an option you feel the need to do. At the end of the game you can craft, you can garden, you can decorate houses. If those players only wish to play that content and then go to "sleep" that is their choice and has no relation to the existence of PvP.
B) You are not forced to PvP, if you cannot find anything else to do then you as a hard working player can end your membership and exist as a crowns member in between content updates. Simply because you feel compelled to participate in PvP does not make it a mandatory activity. I may feel compelled to go to McDonalds does that mean eating there is suddenly not a choice? Simply because PvP ends in heated tempers for you does not mean that experience is universal. I enjoy PvP and have made some of my best friends in the arena. I usually have fun in my various matches and the challenge of fighting a human opponent is reward enough for me. Whether or not PvP brings out the worse in people is completely dependent on the temperament of he participants. Maybe you could try the pet derby if nothing else. Sorry your line of logic that PvP should be taken out of the game because you don't enjoy it is unacceptable to the vast majority of PvPers.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
Samuel Wolfe on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
yes sure the "adapt or quit" a line can make even veteran players cringe just from the sheer audacity of it. again you have made it quite clear that you did not even bother to read what I stated or maybe you would just be repeating yourself like a broken record.

A.) Why should I have to feel compelled to play PVP after I finish everything in the story quest line up to the present? there is nothing else to do and frankly that is one of the big reasons why many people become inactive once they finish the new world. For example. With the release of the world Khrysalis we have seen a large boost in active players on the last day and a half. Give it a couple of weeks when most of them have had their fill of Part 2 and most will return to "sleep" as I call those vast periods of time where they are not online.

B.) Why should I? a hard working player who tries to set aside some money each month to continue playing, be forced to sit here and twiddle my thumbs because I have nothing left to do? There is nothing else on WIzard101 that would make the months between new worlds enjoyable and I end up wasting a lot of money because there is nothing else to do once I finish the storyline.

You say PvP is optional and while it is advertised as such In reality it really is not. Sure you don't 'Have' to play PvP, but when you finish everything else that is all there is left unless you want to waste your money and let the rest of your membership run out unused because you can't stand the thought of going into the cesspit of slander and hatred.

and FYI I have checked out these "PvP sites" and you know what? a good many of them are used by very few people. Anyone is capable of creating a website, heck you can even find some places who let you do it for free. simply because it has a website dedicated to it does not mean that a majority of players use it. if you honestly think that then I feel sad that you are willfully ignoring what is in front of your eyes.

and honestly? I probably could come up with something more fun and creative than a silly PvP mode that just ends in heated tempers no matter who wins or loses. if you have a game where you are pitting players against each other like the Arena, then yea you will always have bad tempers and bickering, but there are games out there that have proven you can go above that and create content that not only encourages a fun competitive spirit, but even rewards it when people work together.

I don't know about you but a couple measly tickets is not any kind of decent reward and if these matches were more fun maybe I wouldn't have such an issue with them.

human nature is what you make of it. if you focus on things that bring out the worst in people, then that is all you will ever see. Maybe you should stop to smell the roses once in a while, try playing something that focuses on teamwork rather than a brutal who can kill who the fastest or who can spam the most shields.
Okay, so you have told us that you can come up with a fun and creative idea other than pvp so lets hear it. I am curious to know what this idea is. So, like I said twice before, instead of ranting on about how pvp is angering and "not optional" why don't you finally fill us in on this idea you have that's even better than pvp. We get your point samuel, but the point you are not getting is that you are merely wasting your time complaining about pvp. Make some good use out of your time and come up with ideas for the game instead of ranting on about something you don't like in the game. What will you accomplish for yourself if pvp is removed from the game? There is much to be accomplished if you come up with a new idea for the game that is optional. I can guarantee you, KI will incorporate your idea into the game much faster than removing pvp from the game.

Historian
May 15, 2009
673
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 26, 2014 wrote:
A) This is exactly the problem, you "feel" compelled to play PvP, this does not make it mandatory but an option you feel the need to do. At the end of the game you can craft, you can garden, you can decorate houses. If those players only wish to play that content and then go to "sleep" that is their choice and has no relation to the existence of PvP.
B) You are not forced to PvP, if you cannot find anything else to do then you as a hard working player can end your membership and exist as a crowns member in between content updates. Simply because you feel compelled to participate in PvP does not make it a mandatory activity. I may feel compelled to go to McDonalds does that mean eating there is suddenly not a choice? Simply because PvP ends in heated tempers for you does not mean that experience is universal. I enjoy PvP and have made some of my best friends in the arena. I usually have fun in my various matches and the challenge of fighting a human opponent is reward enough for me. Whether or not PvP brings out the worse in people is completely dependent on the temperament of he participants. Maybe you could try the pet derby if nothing else. Sorry your line of logic that PvP should be taken out of the game because you don't enjoy it is unacceptable to the vast majority of PvPers.
not to take this off topic, but please space out your paragraphs. I really don't want to give myself headache trying to remember where I stopped at in that wall of text.

First off it seems like I am the one who has to repeat myself like a broken record when it comes to you people not reading what I've said.

I stated before that I do not have the patience to craft or garden 24/7 until new worlds are released. decorating houses is almost as tedious because a lot of the real high value stuff must be crafted and asks for some ridiculous amounts of rare items.

gardening I can only stand visiting my plants once in the morning and evening and only ever a small patch of them.

Also that point I brought up about the habits of other players was referring to Aaron's post implying PvPers were a majority.

the next point I was to bring up is becoming a crowns member. Unlike a lot of people who seem to have so many crowns to spare I come from a low income family and I can only afford to buy membership each month and crowns on occasion. If I bought 5-10$ worth of crowns every month only then it would take me more than 1-2 years to go from a place like wizard city all the way to khrysalis. if I started from a place like Azteca and moved forward it'd still take me several months to reach the end of the world.

it isn't really an option so membership is all I have and up till now going to "sleep" as I call it has been my preferred choice, but I have always been kicking myself because I am wasting my money on some content that only lasts a few days maybe a week or two if I slow down and only do a few main quests a day. so again why should I be forced to simply twiddle my thumbs while waiting for new content or force myself to sit through PvP which I always seem to get the short end of the stick and get saddled with terrible sports (regardless if they are the winner or loser).

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
214
LightsOuts on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
Hmmmm...
Some of this I have to agree with, but that doesn't mean PVP has to be throw out of the game. I just think they need to make PVP fair, like warlords should only be able to go up against warlords and commanders should only be able to go up against commanders. Same with levels, I shouldn't have to go up against a level 95 and then go up against a level 26

- Destiny SwiftStalker lvl 72
I absolutely agree with what you said. It definitely shouldn't be thrown out of the game just made fair. As you said, warlords vs warlord level 70 vs level 70 etc. And not just in the ranked matches, but in practice as well.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
Samuel Wolfe on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
not to take this off topic, but please space out your paragraphs. I really don't want to give myself headache trying to remember where I stopped at in that wall of text.

First off it seems like I am the one who has to repeat myself like a broken record when it comes to you people not reading what I've said.

I stated before that I do not have the patience to craft or garden 24/7 until new worlds are released. decorating houses is almost as tedious because a lot of the real high value stuff must be crafted and asks for some ridiculous amounts of rare items.

gardening I can only stand visiting my plants once in the morning and evening and only ever a small patch of them.

Also that point I brought up about the habits of other players was referring to Aaron's post implying PvPers were a majority.

the next point I was to bring up is becoming a crowns member. Unlike a lot of people who seem to have so many crowns to spare I come from a low income family and I can only afford to buy membership each month and crowns on occasion. If I bought 5-10$ worth of crowns every month only then it would take me more than 1-2 years to go from a place like wizard city all the way to khrysalis. if I started from a place like Azteca and moved forward it'd still take me several months to reach the end of the world.

it isn't really an option so membership is all I have and up till now going to "sleep" as I call it has been my preferred choice, but I have always been kicking myself because I am wasting my money on some content that only lasts a few days maybe a week or two if I slow down and only do a few main quests a day. so again why should I be forced to simply twiddle my thumbs while waiting for new content or force myself to sit through PvP which I always seem to get the short end of the stick and get saddled with terrible sports (regardless if they are the winner or loser).
Samuel please please please answer this one question. What will you accomplish with pvp being removed from the game? I can answer that for you if you're struggling, you will accomplish NOTHING. You will still be bored after completing a world and after gardening. Now please answer this last question. Will you accomplish anything by thinking of a new idea for the game? Once again, if you are struggling to answer that question then I will tell you now, there is much to be accomplished. Like I said previously, if you're afraid KI won't let your idea into the game then just remember, KI will incorporate a new idea into the game a lot faster than removing pvp from the game. Another solution to this madness is to think of ideas to help make pvp a better environment. This entire rant is absolutely pointless and is a waste of everyone's time, including yours.

Hero
Dec 16, 2009
772
Samuel Wolfe on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
not to take this off topic, but please space out your paragraphs. I really don't want to give myself headache trying to remember where I stopped at in that wall of text.

First off it seems like I am the one who has to repeat myself like a broken record when it comes to you people not reading what I've said.

I stated before that I do not have the patience to craft or garden 24/7 until new worlds are released. decorating houses is almost as tedious because a lot of the real high value stuff must be crafted and asks for some ridiculous amounts of rare items.

gardening I can only stand visiting my plants once in the morning and evening and only ever a small patch of them.

Also that point I brought up about the habits of other players was referring to Aaron's post implying PvPers were a majority.

the next point I was to bring up is becoming a crowns member. Unlike a lot of people who seem to have so many crowns to spare I come from a low income family and I can only afford to buy membership each month and crowns on occasion. If I bought 5-10$ worth of crowns every month only then it would take me more than 1-2 years to go from a place like wizard city all the way to khrysalis. if I started from a place like Azteca and moved forward it'd still take me several months to reach the end of the world.

it isn't really an option so membership is all I have and up till now going to "sleep" as I call it has been my preferred choice, but I have always been kicking myself because I am wasting my money on some content that only lasts a few days maybe a week or two if I slow down and only do a few main quests a day. so again why should I be forced to simply twiddle my thumbs while waiting for new content or force myself to sit through PvP which I always seem to get the short end of the stick and get saddled with terrible sports (regardless if they are the winner or loser).
Exactly, those are all personal preferences. You choose not to garden, craft, decorate on the regular and those are optional activities. Similarly PvP is an optional activity that you may choose to engage in.

On your crowns point, becoming a crowns player in between updates does not mean you have to spend crowns or purchase crowns. Simply keep your subscription during the content updates and switch to an unsubscribed membership in between. Bam you save money.

You aren't forced to twiddle your thumbs, There are options that you choose not to participate in. Similarly you choose to participate in PvP. These are all choices made by you the player not activities forced on you by the game.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2925
Samuel said: why should I have to feel terrible in a family friendly game? why should I have kids acting horribly towards me because I didn't decide to waste my life grinding to warlord as a magus spellcaster?

This is a valid point.Why would a family game not only permit, but encourage, kids to make their peers feel bad about themselves? Encouraging healthy competition is just as easy as encouraging pettiness and terrible attitudes; stop placing PvP'ers on a pedestal, and that's half the problem solved.

I hate crafting and gardening almost as much as I hate PvP, so I use the opportunity to work on my other wizards.

I hate sore losers, but sore winners are ten times worse: they gloat, they bring friends in to taunt from the sidelines, and are just generally unpleasant to be around. And, the higher the wizard's rank, the more massively inflated his (or her) ego is; there is nothing fun about it, and I'd gladly avail myself of that toxic sludge pit if Khrysalis weren't such a soul-sucking piece of work. But I digress.

-von
exalted
magus veteran

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
488
Samuel Wolfe on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
I don't know about you, but I am honestly sick of this. no matter what character I use, no matter what gear I have, no matter what level I am. I always get set against war lords, knights, or max level characters and I am sick of it.

wizard101 should never have added a player versus player aspect to this game because it kills the "family friendly game" they put out there. PvP brings out the worst it everyone. I know people should be competitive, but this was the wrong way of doing it. I am tired of feeling like a complete failure because I am not good at PVP and I am tired of being made fun for it.

why should I have to feel terrible in a family friendly game? why should I have kids acting horribly towards me because I didn't decide to waste my life grinding to warlord as a magus spellcaster?

pvp needs to simply be taken out of game. I don't care if it's "Optional" content. it isn't optional when you are a max level wizard who has finished everything in the game. what am I supposed to do? just quit and let my membership run out until KI decides to add another world to the game? great that is SUCH a good use of my money. wasting hundreds of dollars on a game that I play until I catch up to the present and then I am stuck because I hate pvp and what it does to people.

I am a max level wizard for goodness sake. why should I be forced to put up with a bunch of arrogant players because you couldn't think of something more creative than pitting players against each other in an unfair match up.
I've never been a max level, but let me tell you this: Just don't complain.

You know what I am sick of? People complaining about PVP. In the PVP section, over half of the posts are about the things they hate, and you want to take it out of the game? No way.
Just ignore the people being angry, and it is'Optional' content. You could just not play the game until they come to 105 or 110 as a level. You could do sidequests, help friends, farm battles, garden, train pets, do derby.

I do PVP sometimes and I often get not-so-nice comments about things like my gear. It is still a friendly game, and the questing is the main aspect.

People, stop complaining about PVP and list the good things for once.

Historian
May 15, 2009
673
Molly the Balance ... on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
I've never been a max level, but let me tell you this: Just don't complain.

You know what I am sick of? People complaining about PVP. In the PVP section, over half of the posts are about the things they hate, and you want to take it out of the game? No way.
Just ignore the people being angry, and it is'Optional' content. You could just not play the game until they come to 105 or 110 as a level. You could do sidequests, help friends, farm battles, garden, train pets, do derby.

I do PVP sometimes and I often get not-so-nice comments about things like my gear. It is still a friendly game, and the questing is the main aspect.

People, stop complaining about PVP and list the good things for once.
Molly it is hard to think positive about an aspect of the game that draws out the worst in everyone regardless if they are the winner or the loser. and I honestly think you didn't even bother to read my post at all, you just saw the title and decided to jump in with your rant.

if you haven't read what I wrote, then don't make a comment.

@Dr. Von

I whole heartedly agree with you. If we didn't have it so people who PvP were basically being labeled as the better part of wizard101 I really wouldn't have a problem with that. I am tired of having a bunch of low levels thinking they are the greatest thing since Elvis Pressley because they are a high rank in PvP. it grates on my nerves to the point where I avoid anything and anyone having to do with PvP

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
488
Samuel Wolfe on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
Molly it is hard to think positive about an aspect of the game that draws out the worst in everyone regardless if they are the winner or the loser. and I honestly think you didn't even bother to read my post at all, you just saw the title and decided to jump in with your rant.

if you haven't read what I wrote, then don't make a comment.

@Dr. Von

I whole heartedly agree with you. If we didn't have it so people who PvP were basically being labeled as the better part of wizard101 I really wouldn't have a problem with that. I am tired of having a bunch of low levels thinking they are the greatest thing since Elvis Pressley because they are a high rank in PvP. it grates on my nerves to the point where I avoid anything and anyone having to do with PvP
I did bother to read it, and I'm not angry at you. I just feel as if people are only looking at the negative side, and there is some good side we can focus on.

In some ways, I agree. It just upsets me that people are posting the same things over and over. There are too many posts about how ice is overpowered. Here's the thing- if you want to make something about PVP, comment on other threads. It isn't worth making a new thread to say something that has been repeated.

Like I said earlier, in ways I agree. It does bring out the worst in you- I've noticed that. A few days ago I was reported- and I lost the previous PVP match. All I said is that 'my tourney was going to start soon' and I was reported. Thank goodness KI looks at the reports.

I'm done with my rant; once again I'm not really angry at you. I think I have noticed a pattern in the PVP posts.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
Dr Von on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
Samuel said: why should I have to feel terrible in a family friendly game? why should I have kids acting horribly towards me because I didn't decide to waste my life grinding to warlord as a magus spellcaster?

This is a valid point.Why would a family game not only permit, but encourage, kids to make their peers feel bad about themselves? Encouraging healthy competition is just as easy as encouraging pettiness and terrible attitudes; stop placing PvP'ers on a pedestal, and that's half the problem solved.

I hate crafting and gardening almost as much as I hate PvP, so I use the opportunity to work on my other wizards.

I hate sore losers, but sore winners are ten times worse: they gloat, they bring friends in to taunt from the sidelines, and are just generally unpleasant to be around. And, the higher the wizard's rank, the more massively inflated his (or her) ego is; there is nothing fun about it, and I'd gladly avail myself of that toxic sludge pit if Khrysalis weren't such a soul-sucking piece of work. But I digress.

-von
exalted
magus veteran
The point is he does not HAVE to do pvp. It is his choice and there is no reason at all for him to say pvp should have never existed when it is optional. Why should pvp be taken away from the players who aren't sore losers and who don't gloat? People enjoy pvp and it shouldn't be ruined for everyone just because a couple people want to be satisfied by removing pvp from the game. Like I told Samuel time and time again (and yet he still complains, only thinking about how much he hates pvp) why don't you think of a new optional idea for the game where almost no one will be sore losers or gloat about winning. If you feel there is nothing fun about pvp then DON'T PVP, problem solved. People almost never gloat about pvp or be a sore loser outside of the arena so just don't go there in the first place. Please, try to think about others and how they would feel if pvp, some people's only reason for playing this game, was taken away.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
For all those who feel pvp should be removed from the game, stop and actually think about how it would effect others. This silly idea of removing pvp from the game will accomplish what for you? If you think it will make people nicer then that may be true, but only true in the arena. Outside of the arena people rarely gloat or act like sore losers etc. So, if you don't want to be in an environment where people gloat, and there are sore losers and sore winners then don't pvp. Just think if you use this simple solution it won't be selfish like this selfish idea. So, if you are bored after you complete the game then just come up with new ideas for the game. Make it an optional idea where people don't gloat or aren't sore losers. It's ok to feel mad that pvp exists in this game, but if you would stop and take some time to cool down, then you would know how selfish and absolutely pointless this idea is.