Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Easy Stun Team Fix?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
14
I am not a programmer, so perhaps this would not be "easy" - but perhaps "less painful" than other fixes - would be to sell an amulet that gives a player immunity to stun. Or, as an interrupt each round, puts a stun block/ stun "absorb" on the player if he/she doesn't have one?

Other suggestions I've read here include creating a stun absorb card, but that will not discourage the stun teams in pvp because if they go first, they've got you.

Immunity would be great. You use up an amulet slot to wear it so it is balanced, and stun teams would disappear and we could all go back to pvp in 4v4 again. Hooray! :D

Gabrielle Goldleaf

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
140
LisamarieSC wrote:
I am not a programmer, so perhaps this would not be "easy" - but perhaps "less painful" than other fixes - would be to sell an amulet that gives a player immunity to stun. Or, as an interrupt each round, puts a stun block/ stun "absorb" on the player if he/she doesn't have one?

Other suggestions I've read here include creating a stun absorb card, but that will not discourage the stun teams in pvp because if they go first, they've got you.

Immunity would be great. You use up an amulet slot to wear it so it is balanced, and stun teams would disappear and we could all go back to pvp in 4v4 again. Hooray! :D

Gabrielle Goldleaf


An interesting idea. I have no real opinion on this, as I don't really PvP and when I do it's only 1v1.

Hero
May 19, 2009
791
lame idea...

Ok so i was playing 4v4 the other day, the other team casts choke. Our entire team gets stunned, then the stun shields go up. 2 turns later we still have the stun shields and the other team casts 1 frost giant which somehow completly ignores our stun shields, and we all still get stunned. Anyone else had something like this happen to them, even though you have a stun shield up you still somehow get stunned?

Note: there was no other spell cast that got rid of our shields, when the giant was swinging his hammer we still had our stun shields up.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
17
make stun block worthwhile. if you casts a stun block and it will only block one stun than this is a waste of time. why would people spend their precious training point on a stun block?

my idea is make stun block completely ignores stun effect once it is triggered, lets say you cast your stun block on first turn, and if you get hit by a storm lord on 4th turn, the stun block shield effect the entire 4th turn, doesnt matter if you get hit by one storm lord or 4 storm lords, you will not be stunned if you have one stun block. this is my idea and i believe if KI can make it a reality, this chain stun crisis can be resolved.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2008
2
jy02521671 wrote:
make stun block worthwhile. if you casts a stun block and it will only block one stun than this is a waste of time. why would people spend their precious training point on a stun block?

my idea is make stun block completely ignores stun effect once it is triggered, lets say you cast your stun block on first turn, and if you get hit by a storm lord on 4th turn, the stun block shield effect the entire 4th turn, doesnt matter if you get hit by one storm lord or 4 storm lords, you will not be stunned if you have one stun block. this is my idea and i believe if KI can make it a reality, this chain stun crisis can be resolved.



I dont really think its a "crisis...it's just people who figured out a way to win. Some people (like me) are beat so bad in the arena that they chain stun to get back up there. If it weren't for stunning I would still have a nonexistant rank of: ?. I do think it should be harder to chain stun because people are indeed losing their ranks, and are getting uspset. Mostly the biggest problem with it is that people report you for chain stunning even if you're only half chain stunning (only with grand moves). Lots of my friends have been banned because they figured out how to win every time. You should make it harder, but also tell people not to report because lots of people who get reported get banned for not a good reason at all. (plus lots of chainers themselves report other chainers. And even some of my friends who are just watching get reported for being friends with a stunner.)

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
139
DarthNexus wrote:
lame idea...

Ok so i was playing 4v4 the other day, the other team casts choke. Our entire team gets stunned, then the stun shields go up. 2 turns later we still have the stun shields and the other team casts 1 frost giant which somehow completly ignores our stun shields, and we all still get stunned. Anyone else had something like this happen to them, even though you have a stun shield up you still somehow get stunned?

Note: there was no other spell cast that got rid of our shields, when the giant was swinging his hammer we still had our stun shields up.


I just think the stun block is broke. The other day i was fighting i had two stun blocks up and frost giant comes and i'm still stunned weird huh?

Defender
May 29, 2009
196
wow, that's the weakest argument I've ever heard. So you admit that you're bad at PVP and you're in favor of chain stunning so that you can rise in rank because otherwise you would have a "nonexistment rank". If you're not good at PVP, you SHOULD have a low rank.

Using a strategy that makes it so the other team can't even compete doesn't actually make you any better at PVP nor deserving of a high rank. Why don't you just work on improving your dueling strategy?

snackledackle wrote:


I dont really think its a "crisis...it's just people who figured out a way to win. Some people (like me) are beat so bad in the arena that they chain stun to get back up there. If it weren't for stunning I would still have a nonexistant rank of: ?. I do think it should be harder to chain stun because people are indeed losing their ranks, and are getting uspset. Mostly the biggest problem with it is that people report you for chain stunning even if you're only half chain stunning (only with grand moves). Lots of my friends have been banned because they figured out how to win every time. You should make it harder, but also tell people not to report because lots of people who get reported get banned for not a good reason at all. (plus lots of chainers themselves report other chainers. And even some of my friends who are just watching get reported for being friends with a stunner.)

Survivor
Nov 12, 2009
11
snackledackle wrote:
I dont really think its a "crisis...it's just people who figured out a way to win. Some people (like me) are beat so bad in the arena that they chain stun to get back up there. If it weren't for stunning I would still have a nonexistant rank of: ?. I do think it should be harder to chain stun because people are indeed losing their ranks, and are getting uspset. Mostly the biggest problem with it is that people report you for chain stunning even if you're only half chain stunning (only with grand moves). Lots of my friends have been banned because they figured out how to win every time. You should make it harder, but also tell people not to report because lots of people who get reported get banned for not a good reason at all. (plus lots of chainers themselves report other chainers. And even some of my friends who are just watching get reported for being friends with a stunner.)

This is the trouble. People who CANNOT PvP use chain stunning to win matches they have no business winning. THAT is what gets under my skin. For EVERY chain stunning team, I would like to face them without it and see who REALLY is the better PvP player. With chain stunning, everything rests on who goes first, not who is best at using the tools at hand.

For the wide open PvP players, I do admit that if you can do it against a monster, you can do it against a player, or ANY opponent. PvP was meant for those who felt the environment did not present enough of a challenge, so they asked to play against other players. I still have not figured out how chain stunning presents a challenge, but then again, I don't use it.

In the handful of games I have played, PvP has always been the sore spot in the game. I have come to the conclusion that PvP and PvE (player vs environment) cannot coexist in the same game. This is just my opinion, for I have not witnessed a successful combination in the few games I have played.

In closing, I wonder if the open market system could work here, as people lose interest in getting chain stunned and the only PvPers left are the cahin stunners.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
258
My idea is (drummroll please) that no stuns are alowwed until the fith round.