Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ANOTHER Ban-worthy word - Cheater

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Ok there really is no way of cheating in pvp unless they stun continuesly but otherwise no. Noob is just a word I remember when I was 4 I learned the term sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me. The people calling you a noob are just brainless people who can't think of an actually good insult. They also are probably being called a noob and want payback which is where another term comes in, what comes around goes around. I suggest you just stand up for yourself and say "If you want to call me a noob fine, you are noob for calling me a noob and hundreds of other players."

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
Caspeen, I appreciate your passion, and do understand your feelings toward the misuse of the word cheater, but I think this is a little over the top.
I have children who play this game and another online, as well as sports irl. Being called "cheater" is a fact of life, in any game, online or irl. It is our job as parents to teach and encourage our children to play with good sportsmanship (including not to use these types of insults), support them when they are called "cheater" when they did nothing to cheat , and reprimand them if they do...
This goes beyond the need to ban a word from the game. This has more to do with our children growing up with the internet, the anonymity providing protection and giving license for people to be rude, say things they would never say in person. Idk. But then again...I can't remember kids NOT calling each other names when I was growing up.
All i can say is, I try to teach my children the right things, I can't worry about how other kids act, only prepare my kids so that they are able to deal with this sort of behavior irl.
I would much, much rather see some sort of online moderation going on. I am appalled at the conversations I see on this game sometimes, generally at Commons. The f word of course is banned but are we going to get "flock" banned? LOL (If we get "cheater" banned, they will simply use something else.)
(And incidentally I have reported some of this behavior to KI, and my replies always consist of "turn chat off" or "change realms").
I am now going to get some coffee, I am done rambling.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Why cheater? Cheater shouldn't even be ban worthy. There are cheaters so just call them cheaters. Cheaters doesn't mean as much as noob does.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Cheater should absolutly not be banned. IT"S JUST A WORD! It doesn't really mean anything. Yes you can cheat on the game but just be mature about it. Don't whine or have a fit because you were called a cheater.

Defender
May 31, 2009
ajsvid,

As much as you appreciate my passion, I appreciate your well thought out, constructive input. I know my philosophies aren't for everyone and I do thank you for respecting that. It's posts like yours that make the knee jerk "You are wrong and your posts meaningless" worth suffering through.

Without turning this into a post parenting, I must say that I couldn't agree with you more on your input. The only thing that I would add is that while it may be Quixotic to want this game to be free of the bullies that run amok right now, I do feel as if at least trying to frustrate / annoy / drive away these is a worthy ambition. You are so right that as soon as one word is gone another will appear, but if nothing else it'll get to the point that their insults will be more comical than insulting. Who knows, maybe some of them will go to where the CAN be the jerks they are?

Why cheater? Cheater shouldn't even be ban worthy. There are cheaters so just call them cheaters.

Give me an example of someone cheating, and I suspect you'll find that what you call "cheating" is in fact allowed by the game (in so much that it's not banned). As so many, I suspect (prove me wrong) that you use Cheating and "something I don't like" as synonyms. They are not. You are indeed right that it is just a word, but so is the F word, and all the other four letter words. What I dislike so much about the use of it is that it's used A> as an insult, and B> Incorrectly. If that is why it's used 99.9% of the time, why even have it.

mlb

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
lol i dont think cheater should be banned if you cheat and get called a cheater well thats on you.

Some words get banned cause of all these little kids in the game trying to say bad words thats why we cant say words we were able to say before another thing some people who get text chat think its for cursing and your wrong and when they get reported they act dumb saying O: why i get reported.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
come on it does not matter what people call people bacause well noob? cheater?! come on here is a poem i heard sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me THEY ARE JUST WORDS! plz someone if you agree plz tell me