Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You and Your Pet

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 14, 2010
136
What if we could train our pets to do tricks? Or have emotes like "fetch" where we conjure a ball and throw it, then pet goes and brings it back. Or something like that...

Survivor
Aug 16, 2011
13
Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
10
I'm a pet lover and always loved playing classes like hunter, beast master and such , I really would like to see my pet more involved in my every day experience in the spiral, I would love to see my pet attacking more in battle and maybe get exp as I quest , also an option in the cash shop to maybe purchase spells, we did get some may cast abilities but we need more attacking ones and different ones.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
18
hugsforyou on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
Maybe train them tricks? like if you have a fire cat pet when you or a friend plays a fire cat it will go in the ring like it was a spell
It sounds like a good idea.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2009
17
Peacedeath152 on Oct 28, 2016 wrote:
It sounds like a good idea.
Tricks would be good if they also give experience. Maybe they would need to be limited to how many they could perform in a day or have a chance of failure. They could make level ranges of pet tricks that give more exp. at higher levels.

Astrologist
Aug 03, 2016
1021
I posted this in another topic too (it is entitled something about 'fixing the pet system.')

Please let us feed everything to the pets from the spell book, including or especially the pet snacks.

I do not like the pet pavilion games. I do not wish to spend my day shooting a cartoon from a cartoon cannon, and the other games are worse (in my opinion) as far as tedium goes.

It takes wayyyy too long to level up a pet. We have many many pets to train. I have a book bulging with pet snacks and more coming in daily.

I also would love to choose which pet to feed, rather than solely the equipped pet. It could be coded similarly to the way we can pick a gift then choose a friend's name. We could also choose a pet's name from our backpack and/or bank. Then the food goes to that pet.

It would be so much easier to do things this way.

As for doing things with the pet (other than training), I'd love to set up food and water stations, but not have it be critical for the pet to live; sort of a snack station maybe? I'd love to interact with the pet and have animations like t that; pat the pet on the head when it comes running up, which they all do run up and stare at the wizard; etc.

I love the dancing animations some of the pets do. Cracks me up.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2016
4
I think be able to learn tricks and have trick shows to compete in would be great. also I think it takes way to long to level up your pet and it is super boring so I think a faster way to level up would be great like when ever you have a pet in battle you gain some experience then when you get its power every time it uses it the pet gets some xp to level up faster that way it is not as boring to level up your pet I also think that just being able to feed them pet snakes should level them up the rarer the snake the more xp for the pet

thanks for reading I hope some of these ideas will be put into use

Survivor
Aug 15, 2015
22
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
A question for all our young Wizards who love their pets:

What cool new things would you like to do with your pets in Wizard101?

Please reply to this post and let us know!

I think pets should be able to cast a spell of their choice EVERY round of a battle and get the same spells you do so you have a double team. Also, I think you should be able to feed your pet snacks even when you didn't finish a pet game.

Survivor
May 23, 2011
4
I would like my pet to have more of a play in battle and other things. Also maybe be able to interact with it, pet it, feed it. Like a real pet. Different pets need different kind of food and you get the right food by battling and beating a enemy of that school.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
16
I would like to have our new pets that they said we were getting in KI Live last month!

Survivor
Mar 23, 2013
32
There should be a new button that turns your pet into a minion the spells and stats it gets will depend on its talents, level, and their type...

If the die though you can not use your pet as it normally is andnot as a minion so tht means its useless then... So it can be balanced

Survivor
Dec 16, 2016
2
I would love for them to be able to have a more advantage at casting stuff. More possibility. Not just after i had already hit and then cast a blade on me after I had just finished my move.
Also would be cool if they had 4 Gem slots, or at least 2 or 3.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2011
1
They should help you cast spells, i mean some can already cast fairy so why not.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2012
31
One of my ideas would be that pets could ride your mount with your wizard. When I run around doing quests and stuff I want my wizard to go faster so I ride my mount, but at the same time I like my pet running alongside me so I was thinking maybe your pet should be able to actually ride the mount with you! If your pet was a flying pet than maybe it would fly next to your mount

Survivor
Jan 22, 2012
31
sha la on Jul 8, 2016 wrote:
dressing up pets would be really cool!!! if the clothes your pets wore would boost the wizard's or the pets stats, that would be so cool!!!
I think that idea is a great one! If it would boost the stats of the pet or the wizard it would be something I would want to buy! It would be cute to see a little fire cat running around with a top hat on...

-Stephanie SummerThorn

Survivor
Jan 22, 2012
31
SparkleTude on Oct 30, 2016 wrote:
I posted this in another topic too (it is entitled something about 'fixing the pet system.')

Please let us feed everything to the pets from the spell book, including or especially the pet snacks.

I do not like the pet pavilion games. I do not wish to spend my day shooting a cartoon from a cartoon cannon, and the other games are worse (in my opinion) as far as tedium goes.

It takes wayyyy too long to level up a pet. We have many many pets to train. I have a book bulging with pet snacks and more coming in daily.

I also would love to choose which pet to feed, rather than solely the equipped pet. It could be coded similarly to the way we can pick a gift then choose a friend's name. We could also choose a pet's name from our backpack and/or bank. Then the food goes to that pet.

It would be so much easier to do things this way.

As for doing things with the pet (other than training), I'd love to set up food and water stations, but not have it be critical for the pet to live; sort of a snack station maybe? I'd love to interact with the pet and have animations like t that; pat the pet on the head when it comes running up, which they all do run up and stare at the wizard; etc.

I love the dancing animations some of the pets do. Cracks me up.
I also think that the training games take too long and it would be easier to train some other way (which I don't know, maybe Pirate 101's way) I also agree that there isn't really much you can do with your pet other than train.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
42
I'd love it if pets could get bigger as they got older. I'd also love it if my pet could ride on my mounts with me or sit on our shoulders or something like that. It would be nice to have my beloved Ice Wyvern curl around my neck or my life's Meow Wing sit on her shoulder

~Amber HawkSong 97
Grace GoldenGrove 51

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
42
Pieldeangel on Oct 21, 2016 wrote:
I'm a pet lover and always loved playing classes like hunter, beast master and such , I really would like to see my pet more involved in my every day experience in the spiral, I would love to see my pet attacking more in battle and maybe get exp as I quest , also an option in the cash shop to maybe purchase spells, we did get some may cast abilities but we need more attacking ones and different ones.
Totally agreed!

Survivor
Feb 08, 2010
1
hugsforyou on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
Maybe train them tricks? like if you have a fire cat pet when you or a friend plays a fire cat it will go in the ring like it was a spell
You should make the game have pets that have a school and the pets should be able to talk to other pets or interact with other pets.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
357
How about having more dance moves? Like we could teach our pets some cool dance moves with some really interesting names. Maybe a dance contest too. Our pets can have a dancing skill. We can teach them and train them dance moves. There should be dancing talents. Specific talents will allow us to teach specific dance moves. I like this idea of mine :P I hope KI adds something like this.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
1
maybe like weapon cast we can have a pet cast so if its fire cat and if your pet may casts an abillity it has it can be like pet cast and use its base card

Survivor
Feb 26, 2012
5
I think it would be cool if pets could have a may cast attack of their own natural attack like some monsters around the spiral that would get stronger depending on the pets rarity, how old it is, and its gem. It would also be nice if pets could be shown still while your on your mount, like on your shoulder, still running next to you, curled up on the mount, ect. It might also be cool if some pets had a minion spell instead of an attack, like a fire cat for example, if you used the spell it would summon a fire cat minion and its strength would depend on its age, rarity, and gem. Those are my ideas, thanks for reading even if they never get added.

-Valerian Titanspear 63

Survivor
Dec 06, 2013
20
An idea i like that i saw earlier was the possibility of pets giving you a buff as you entered combat, an example of this could be something like (player) gains 500 hp as they enter combat or maybe it could give you a conviction as you enter combat, something like that.

Andrew IceShield 53

Blaze SoulMender 7

Survivor
Oct 30, 2012
6
TheLoreKeeper on Oct 10, 2016 wrote:
What if we could train our pets to do tricks? Or have emotes like "fetch" where we conjure a ball and throw it, then pet goes and brings it back. Or something like that...
This is a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY good idea in a sense that the more you play with your pet the more likely the pet will heal you, or use a maycast

would like come off of the pet like a aura if you played with the pet, and like you could feed your pet snacks

Survivor
Oct 30, 2012
6
boing123840 on Jan 25, 2017 wrote:
An idea i like that i saw earlier was the possibility of pets giving you a buff as you entered combat, an example of this could be something like (player) gains 500 hp as they enter combat or maybe it could give you a conviction as you enter combat, something like that.

Andrew IceShield 53

Blaze SoulMender 7
this could be a maycast aswell, added to the idea i posted earlier about playing with your pet, it could vary from
pet to pet and could be a enhanced version of the aura, like the pet in addition to its stats, would give a buff, say your pet gave 9 damage, it would now give, 10 or 12 depending on its level (Baby-Ultra)