Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rare Pets Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
15
Time to go get a couple fog unicorns from KIfreegames p

Survivor
May 14, 2011
6
The only disadvantage as far as i see to getting the same pet from hatching is having an over amount of pets running around that I seriously do not need and do not know what to do with. Then being told I reached my limit. 50 pets outside. 50 pets inside .Either in my backpack, attic , bank or where ever. What do I do with the extreme amount of pets???
I can always replace the gold used so that is not an issue for me.... but I seriously feel that the combos listed to use to get a different pet should be removed from anywhere it is posted like any of the Fan sites. For example: Wraith and Stormzilla are suppose to give you the Tempest.Yea yea, ok.Not likely to happen unless you prepare yourself for a lot more of the Stormzilla or Wraiths running around that are not needed and taking up space of the little amount we already have. If after a few times you do not get the combo you want then the info to me is disheartening and wrong and should be removed.It is misleading. Not sure how anyone else feels about this but anyway have a great day.

Survivor
May 27, 2010
1
How about changing the way pets are mixed to be rare? Change it up a little bit? Also there should be different options on how our pets our should appear when we hatch them.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
Well at least this will make those pets more rare in a sense.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
11
pokemon2413 on Apr 10, 2011 wrote:
I myself got amazingly lucky when trying to hatch a rare and almost unheard of pet, The Nightmare.
When hatching I got the Nightmare on my first try but then my friend, who was hatching with me only got a regular unicorn.
I really dont think this is all that fair if I got the pet and she didnt and we have to waste more gold and more time trying and trying to get the pet that its not worth all the effort we put into it in the end if it only happens once or twice out of who knows how many times. :(

Alura DuskStalker Lv54 Life

I got lucky with my thunderbird and topaz kraken but, if you want a rare hybrid I would at least bring 50,000 gold and have your helephant, stormzilla, saytr, or wraith, I got both of my hybrids on the first try. I also agree with the " you have a 50% chance of getting a __________".You also have to know the right breeding combinations.

Ethan Stormspear Lv71 storm

Champion
May 10, 2013
483
Professor Greyrose on May 7, 2010 wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

What will I get instead?!?
If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose
Well, I put 1 Meow Wing and My Friend put a Gnome and it became a Jade Oni!
I can't understand how that is possible. It is like a pet hack. And it knows
Triton! I am sure no one understands that a Meow Wing + a Gnome = A Jade Oni!
Doesn't make Sense.

Sean HawkHunter Apprentice Necromancer Level 9

Explorer
Dec 20, 2012
72
z189ack on May 13, 2010 wrote:
Yeah....
No death scarab
No Storm Scarab
to the list.

A storm scarab was (Yes i'm repeating this)
a crown item for what? 1 crown, when everyone
got 25 or something crowns because of like
the millionth person fiona or something.
This was before the shop came out.
This was RIGHT before zeke was in the commons.

Now the death scarab,
I actually, say yes or no for this one.
It is not available anymore.
Neither is the storm scarab, but you could buy it with crowns!
The death scarab was available for twitter winnings,
but I didnt participate in it.
I was watching the Pokemon marathon cause I WANTED TO!
and I didnt even know about the event at that time.
Hehe.


Its storm BEETLE, Professor Greyrose had it on her lis

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
16
Just for the record ppl go to wizard 101 centrel and look up any pet you want and it will show you the exact parents of that pet if its a hybrid if its a first genaration it will show were you can get it.

This is wolf griffan dust lvl 31 wizard signing out,Peace

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
1
What do you get if you mix a Efreet and a Knome
Lvl 78 Dustin DragonHunter

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
193
Darkhole54321 wrote:
Wow, thats pretty expensive...I haven't played with the hatchery because I am still training my pets to becomes adults.Is there a secondary payment with crowns or not?

Anyway,I have a few suggestions for unhatchable pets.I think any pet that came with a gift card should be unhatchable,in the sense that the player bought it with real money.(Especially the set that came with Dragonblade)

And a few others:

Summer Dragon,Death Beatle,and especially the level 48 pets.
actually i disagree with lvl 48 pet no hatch. you can get some pretty cool hybrids. thats all.

-jack skullbreeze master of fire

Survivor
Apr 18, 2011
4
wait i have a friendly dragon your saying that if i want to hatch it since it's first generation and i never really hatched it it's going to be 80,000 gold to hatch i don't think so i got that dragon 3 years ago and never really worked on it it's just like all my other first generation pets on my life char untrained now i know i will definitely not train it and on top of that this game is starting to get a little bit boring for the older crowd...... Why the sudden changes if people really want the pet you should just let them have it through hatch at a cost of 40,000 i never really found a good person to hatch with so i never really trained my friendly dragon because most of the talents like durable myth resist is a little boring and trying to find the right person to hatch with just to get shot down with at the same time.. I never really could get an interesting person to hatch with if people want the pet talents to change along with the trying to get the pet wich is at 50/50 chance i think it's well worth it and the new updates and things you guys put into pvp and pets is starting to get boring to me and confusing

Survivor
Mar 25, 2011
29
I hatched my life banshee with a firezilla and got a life banshee. The same exact thing happened when I hatched my life banshee with a lifezilla( I was so looking forward to those two zilla pets)

Champion
May 10, 2013
483
Hey people in Wizard101. I have questions about Hatching.

1. I bred a Beta Fish with a Meow Wing and I got a Meow Wing (I really wanted a Fish :( its cool)
2. I see people around with Fire Gnomes. Is that a basic pet?
3. Why only mix and match pets Prof. Greyrose said?
4. I bred an American Leprechaun with a Meow Wing but its like we traded pets
5. Why so much gold for hatching? (They should reduce the price, like a wooden cottage)
6. I bred a Pioneer Dragon with a Jade Oni but I still got a regular dragon.

Sean HawkHunter Level 24

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
11
PlayHard101 on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
Hey people in Wizard101. I have questions about Hatching.

1. I bred a Beta Fish with a Meow Wing and I got a Meow Wing (I really wanted a Fish :( its cool)
2. I see people around with Fire Gnomes. Is that a basic pet?
3. Why only mix and match pets Prof. Greyrose said?
4. I bred an American Leprechaun with a Meow Wing but its like we traded pets
5. Why so much gold for hatching? (They should reduce the price, like a wooden cottage)
6. I bred a Pioneer Dragon with a Jade Oni but I still got a regular dragon.

Sean HawkHunter Level 24
Sean, you're trying to hatch Promotional pets with packs from drops, teachers, gift cards, or crown shop.
The pets are not gonna cross hatch because there are no hybrids for those 2 pets to create, the 2 that
seemed to be traded, they were hybrids, just they look of the pet is what changed, so your friend that
had the Meow Wing got the American Leprechaun with Meow Wing traits. The pets that Prof. Greyrose
says are usually hatched because those pets can give hybrids like the Fire Gnome pets you said you've
been seeing. As far as the cost of the pets being hatched, the rarer the pet, or the higher the level the pet
obtained, and the higher the status of the pet when it's hatched the more expensive the hatching is gonna
be, for other reasons that Prof. Greyrose has explained in other messages. It really kinda stinks, but if you
worked for a pet or won a pet on the KIminigame site that was a rare beauty, would you want to be giving it
out to everyone on the game who just had a little gold to hatch with, making your rare pet as common as a
low level outfit?

Survivor
Jun 22, 2012
33
TxKat8 on Jun 4, 2010 wrote:
I just spent $140 yes, that's right, to merge two pets (over 100,000 gold pieces EACH player) and ended up with the SAME pet (storm hound) that I already had ... same bonus card and all!!!! I just sent a letter to the customer service center requesting a refund of those crowns that I purchased and had converted over to gold!! This was supposed to be a birthday gift for my daughter (thus the justification of the expense) but she is quite unhappy, as is her mother!! I had NO idea that the new pet hatching would cost this much and was not told in advance how much $$ it was going to cost! I only hope this reaches the right ears because this expense is WAY too much and is a very unpopular and possibly game stopping decision that has been made for what appears to be a quick rip-off scheme.

I will not be recommending this game to my students if this is the way the future of this game is headed!

Signed,
A very upset Mother and a disappointed Teacher!! :(
well sorry for your crown loss but i mean really you kinda over reacted and why use crowns for gold you get enough stuff from questing to get the exact same amount no crowns or money required

Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
2
I think I understand, so you can't hatch rare pets anymore? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2011
1
it is my first time hatching well second and my cousin has an efreet how will i most likely get his pet is there a strategy or pet i have to hatch with

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
11
Sean Storm Hunter on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
I think I understand, so you can't hatch rare pets anymore? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Sean, I'm sorry if I messed up in what I said. I'm pretty sure you can get rare pets, it's just that pets from teachers, or packs, promotions, the minigame website, or gift cards probably wont have a hybrid to go along with the pet your trying to hatch with. So, like a gnome and an efreet would have a hybrid to hatch, but a basic old shop (noob) style dragon and say a triton wouldn't get or make a hybrid, you would either get the triton with low stats, or you get the old noob style dragon with higher stats, but if you hatched like that remember that all the pets hatched even when they don't look like hybrids are going to be hybrids, because those old style pets are gonna have higher stats. though why would you wanna do something like that anyway, because you think about it, your triton would have lower stats, and that defeats the reason to hatch. If you go to the wizard101central site, they have a list of the pets both first generation and hybrids, so that you can see what you need for what you're looking to hatch.

As far as the rest, like I've said before, if the pet is a promotional pet, a pet from a teacher, a pack pet like the raven's hoard pack pets, a pet from the minigame website, or a gift card pet; would you really want someone else to have that pet when it took you however long to get it, and all they have is a little gold to hatch with you. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

Champion
May 10, 2013
483
121deathtrap on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
What do you get if you mix a Efreet and a Knome
Lvl 78 Dustin DragonHunter
First of all its Gnome not Knome

Depends on the first pet you put in:

If you put a gnome in first you would get a Fire Gnome
If you put a efreet in first you would get something like a Life Genie

Champion
May 10, 2013
483
aluvian40 on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Sean, I'm sorry if I messed up in what I said. I'm pretty sure you can get rare pets, it's just that pets from teachers, or packs, promotions, the minigame website, or gift cards probably wont have a hybrid to go along with the pet your trying to hatch with. So, like a gnome and an efreet would have a hybrid to hatch, but a basic old shop (noob) style dragon and say a triton wouldn't get or make a hybrid, you would either get the triton with low stats, or you get the old noob style dragon with higher stats, but if you hatched like that remember that all the pets hatched even when they don't look like hybrids are going to be hybrids, because those old style pets are gonna have higher stats. though why would you wanna do something like that anyway, because you think about it, your triton would have lower stats, and that defeats the reason to hatch. If you go to the wizard101central site, they have a list of the pets both first generation and hybrids, so that you can see what you need for what you're looking to hatch.

As far as the rest, like I've said before, if the pet is a promotional pet, a pet from a teacher, a pack pet like the raven's hoard pack pets, a pet from the minigame website, or a gift card pet; would you really want someone else to have that pet when it took you however long to get it, and all they have is a little gold to hatch with you. Doesn't seem worth it to me.
That's not possible. You can NEVER end in a hatching result of a pet you can't equip. The only answer is a Dragon with a bunch of storm stats (such as May Cast Storm Blade, Prism, Trap etc.) and if it is RARE pet (Sheep + Anything) it will result in a Goat Monk (Please do not get confused, this is the Life version, not Myth, and its a Hybrid) And you can NOT hatch with it to get the pet.

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
119
Savannah EmeraldSo... on Feb 13, 2013 wrote:
The only disadvantage as far as i see to getting the same pet from hatching is having an over amount of pets running around that I seriously do not need and do not know what to do with. Then being told I reached my limit. 50 pets outside. 50 pets inside .Either in my backpack, attic , bank or where ever. What do I do with the extreme amount of pets???
I can always replace the gold used so that is not an issue for me.... but I seriously feel that the combos listed to use to get a different pet should be removed from anywhere it is posted like any of the Fan sites. For example: Wraith and Stormzilla are suppose to give you the Tempest.Yea yea, ok.Not likely to happen unless you prepare yourself for a lot more of the Stormzilla or Wraiths running around that are not needed and taking up space of the little amount we already have. If after a few times you do not get the combo you want then the info to me is disheartening and wrong and should be removed.It is misleading. Not sure how anyone else feels about this but anyway have a great day.
if you have a lot of pets that you don't need or want, the pet store in the shopping district will buy them from you. the pet from the pagoda, they buy it from you for 250 gold

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
11
PlayHard101 on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
That's not possible. You can NEVER end in a hatching result of a pet you can't equip. The only answer is a Dragon with a bunch of storm stats (such as May Cast Storm Blade, Prism, Trap etc.) and if it is RARE pet (Sheep + Anything) it will result in a Goat Monk (Please do not get confused, this is the Life version, not Myth, and its a Hybrid) And you can NOT hatch with it to get the pet.
Again, I do apologize but what I meant was that the hybrid isn't always what you expect or are wanting to get.
Like I told Sean, the pet is still a HYBRID, it's just not the type of hybrid you would want. Like you or I said, if
you're starting with a pet from a teacher and an old style pet, you will not get the hybrid from the teacher given pet.

Like an efreet pet and a gnome pet to get the fiery gnome pet, but the stats will be like those of a pet with much higher stats in the old style pet dragon or whatever you used to hatch with.

Oh, and not to dispute you, but you can get pets that you can't equip, you don't actually have to have them
equipped to hatch them, you just need to have at least 2 pets in your backpack that are adult or higher to
hatch I say this from experience, because both my wife and I have done that
very thing, I wound up hatching a ice colossus with a wraith hoping to get a frost lord ( the pet that looks like
wraith but is white,) well I wound up with the wraith and I was hatching the pet on my life character.

I favor my life character, but I have characters from all the classes, and at the time my life character had the gold for hatching. Now maybe the rules have changed, but once the pad was set out for hatching to be done individually, all you need now is just a pair of adult pets.

Champion
May 10, 2013
483
aluvian40 on Aug 18, 2013 wrote:
Again, I do apologize but what I meant was that the hybrid isn't always what you expect or are wanting to get.
Like I told Sean, the pet is still a HYBRID, it's just not the type of hybrid you would want. Like you or I said, if
you're starting with a pet from a teacher and an old style pet, you will not get the hybrid from the teacher given pet.

Like an efreet pet and a gnome pet to get the fiery gnome pet, but the stats will be like those of a pet with much higher stats in the old style pet dragon or whatever you used to hatch with.

Oh, and not to dispute you, but you can get pets that you can't equip, you don't actually have to have them
equipped to hatch them, you just need to have at least 2 pets in your backpack that are adult or higher to
hatch I say this from experience, because both my wife and I have done that
very thing, I wound up hatching a ice colossus with a wraith hoping to get a frost lord ( the pet that looks like
wraith but is white,) well I wound up with the wraith and I was hatching the pet on my life character.

I favor my life character, but I have characters from all the classes, and at the time my life character had the gold for hatching. Now maybe the rules have changed, but once the pad was set out for hatching to be done individually, all you need now is just a pair of adult pets.
1st of all, I have to say one thing. You're good at changing of what you quote.
And now your talking about pets you want (not inside the subject)
And it also feels like your teaching other people how to hatch

And what did I say in the quote?

"You can NEVER result in a pet you can't equip."

The Triton is a Storm school only pet, so I told you, for like the millionth time,
It's a Dragon filled with Storm Talents.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
11
PlayHard101 on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
1st of all, I have to say one thing. You're good at changing of what you quote.
And now your talking about pets you want (not inside the subject)
And it also feels like your teaching other people how to hatch

And what did I say in the quote?

"You can NEVER result in a pet you can't equip."

The Triton is a Storm school only pet, so I told you, for like the millionth time,
It's a Dragon filled with Storm Talents.
I'm not gonna challenge you, I know what I've done, and what my wife and daughter have done.
We have all hatched pets that we couldn't equip, of course we didn't want to equip the pet on
those character, so your challenging me is pointless.

I know what school a Triton is a part of, and I agree, if you try hatching a Triton with an old
school (noob) dragon, then all you will get is a dragon with storm talents and maybe a higher
pedigree, nothing more.

In the mean time maybe I'll cya on the game. You could show me which pets you've hatched and
explain to me why or how you can only hatch pets you can equip, because where I stand you're
telling me that if I took the adult ice colossus and the adult wraith into the hatchery, which I do not
need to have equipped, to hatch them with my life character, that the only pet I would or must get
is a hybrid so that I can equip it. Because if that's the case, then you're just trying to hide something
that allot of hatchers have been using for a long time now, again, considering the hatchery allows
for a single person to go in with 2 adult or older pets, to hatch for a single hatching with maybe one of
those pets being equipped, or not.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
1