Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rare Pets Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
37
killerninja1 wrote:
for one thing training takes for ever! and i am only lvl 29 so i have no high pedigree pets. but even when you do a fire cat and piggle yoiu should get a hybrid. i hatched a fire cat and a blood bat hoping for a fire bat but what do i get a fire cat and for 400 gold i could have bought one. but nope i had to pay 3000 gold
A similar thing happened to me. I spent 5000 gold to hatch my pet dragon with my friends spider and I got another dragon.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
7
illuminatiee wrote:
firise wrote:
80000 for hatching something rare is good, it keeps a rare race rare.
1000-10000 would be nice for common pets to hatch.
Also I think leveling a pet takes too much time for the lousy bonus of +1% damage, or +9mana.

no 80,000 is not good all that means is that the people that have an unlimited amount of time to play or the people with the credit cards will be the ones getting them. not everyone has the luxury of nothing else to do except farm gold for hours on end or pull out a credit card to get a pet. I still say it should be brought down to 25,000-50,000. It will still take people a bit of time to get the gold together but low enough so that it keeps people interested.


I actually got 85,000 gold once in one week. I know it was summer break, but I only get to play on weekdays for 5 hours and on weekends from 4pm to 12am! It may seem allot of time, but it isn't! My trick was to only keep one outfit and sell all of the clothes and other accessories you get in battles, and sell plants, furniture, treasure cards, and reagents! I even had and extra 900 gold to save up more gold! 8)

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
122
Survivor
May 28, 2010
6
I just hatched my Frost Collosus with my brother's Stormzilla. My egg takes 21 hours to hatch, his 18. Is mine gonna be a cool mix? It's a winterborn egg with collosus spell at baby. It's not ice only, also. Please tell me if it's a cool mix! (And what it's gonna be, Icezilla or StormCollosus) Thanks!

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
6
I agree with you. I got so exited when i got my pet to adult so i went to hatch it with a friend. When i looked at the price i literally gagged. 36,000 gold. I could buy two Royal Playhouses with that much gold. Studpidly i bought gold with ten dollars of crowns and hatched my pet orthrus with a kraken. I waited 24 hours and found that i got a pet baby Orthrus that had the same stats as my adult one.

That night i cried in my room due to the waste of money. It must loew to 10,000 or lower!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
25
russell1 wrote:
80,000 gold is WAY to much gold to mix pets please change to 1,000-10,000 gold
That is way to little the price is there because you could get a very rare new pet

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
25
chunkymonkey4 wrote:
I am PERFECTLY FINE with this! Its just that I have a question: do you mean we can't hatch pets like crown pets like my Pale Maiden or rare drop Pets like a Blue Banshee or a Krokomummy Pet?

well i am very experienced with hatching and yes, you can hatch with rare drop pets its just that there is a 60% chance you will not get it. there is a 40% chance you will get your pet again a 20% chance of a hybrid, and a 40% chance of that pet you want. (banshee is easy to get i have seven. just face nightshade a lot) that is incorrect percentage that added together is much more than 100%

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
19
I love hatching. I have so many pets and mixes. Just I wish I could get a danger hound :( :( :( :( . I am in the school of death(well the one I am working on). And I missed out on the deal to get a danger hound thing. For signing up to get one. I wish I could hatch with one. But I can't. Is there any other way I could get one. :( :( :( :( :( :(

Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
32
I am mad because when you want to hatch a pet you do all of that hard works to make it a adult then you go the pet hatcher and you try to hatch withsomeone and they accpet it and then you wonder why you cant do it then you look donw and it got like 8000 gold are you kinding me!!!!

Survivor
Jul 14, 2011
5
Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
8
are you saying that we cannot hatch pets anymore? i don't really understand this.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
16
magua27 wrote:
illuminatiee wrote:
firise wrote:
80000 for hatching something rare is good, it keeps a rare race rare.
1000-10000 would be nice for common pets to hatch.
Also I think leveling a pet takes too much time for the lousy bonus of +1% damage, or +9mana.

no 80,000 is not good all that means is that the people that have an unlimited amount of time to play or the people with the credit cards will be the ones getting them. not everyone has the luxury of nothing else to do except farm gold for hours on end or pull out a credit card to get a pet. I still say it should be brought down to 25,000-50,000. It will still take people a bit of time to get the gold together but low enough so that it keeps people interested.


Agreed 80,000 [I presume per player...as I don't have 80,000 gold to see] is far too high. I am level 47, and have about 20,000 gold right now. I doubt that I will try to save up another 60,000 if I am only going to get my same pet back [I do understand that it may have the characteristics of the other pet]. 10,000 or 20,000 gold would be similar to monies saved for buying a house, and is reasonable. Also, my first impression was that crossing two pets could result in "millions" of different pets...that doesn't seem to be the case.

Tnx


i am level 60 and getting that amount of cash is still a lot of work and can be really annoying with the no auction items. They always sell for less if you just want money.

Defender
May 21, 2011
104
i know what you mean by some pets can't be hatched but i really want a danger hound like some people do. My mom doesn't want me to join anymore internet sites since i got wizard 101 and i didn't even play wizard two years ago! (or more) so when are you gonna have another competition for the danger hound? and if you do please let it not to do with other sites like Facebook or twitter because me and the rest of my household (apart from my brother) have them :) i did do a post about me doing a competition against myself to get every single hound possible in wizard101 and i cant do that if i don't the opportunity to get three danger hounds. thank-you :)

Survivor
Apr 23, 2010
2
Defender
May 17, 2011
180
magua27 wrote:
illuminatiee wrote:
firise wrote:
80000 for hatching something rare is good, it keeps a rare race rare.
1000-10000 would be nice for common pets to hatch.
Also I think leveling a pet takes too much time for the lousy bonus of +1% damage, or +9mana.

no 80,000 is not good all that means is that the people that have an unlimited amount of time to play or the people with the credit cards will be the ones getting them. not everyone has the luxury of nothing else to do except farm gold for hours on end or pull out a credit card to get a pet. I still say it should be brought down to 25,000-50,000. It will still take people a bit of time to get the gold together but low enough so that it keeps people interested.


Agreed 80,000 [I presume per player...as I don't have 80,000 gold to see] is far too high. I am level 47, and have about 20,000 gold right now. I doubt that I will try to save up another 60,000 if I am only going to get my same pet back [I do understand that it may have the characteristics of the other pet]. 10,000 or 20,000 gold would be similar to monies saved for buying a house, and is reasonable. Also, my first impression was that crossing two pets could result in "millions" of different pets...that doesn't seem to be the case.

Tnx
way waaaaaaaaaaaay to much gold. how about it varies based on the pet you are hatching? for example, the common unicorn (i have one) would have to pay 2,000 gold to hatch. the semirare/ semicommon stormzilla would pay about 5,000 gold to hatch. and an ultimatly rare pet, well, it could cost about the same amount that hatching with any pet does now. i quit traning pets because i did just to hatch and found out it way to pricy grrrrr :(

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
60
Once you reach Wintertusk where you can solo farm bosses like the 1st one on the left over the bridge. Gold in game is no longer an issue. an Hour farming drops to sell is an easy 100k+. Especially with Curse & Bless amulets selling 9.5 to 12k each in bazaar.

Which is handy if you like to train and hatch new pets. Covers hatching costs and buying of the better pet snacks.

If your ever on and see me in wintertusk. i'm just there farming fell free to join me for some drops to sell I farm there solo all the time.

Valkoor Hexwielder lvl 60 Balance

Hope this helps

Survivor
Feb 26, 2010
5
i just paid 50k to hatch a spectra with a hydra and we both got our own pets which is pointless when we tried again we got the same thing

Survivor
May 28, 2011
5
why does it cause sooo much seriously a cheap mix for a high price that is a rip off can you even mix with other peoples pets that you dont know

Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
1
Survivor
May 14, 2009
2
i hatched my helephant a bunch of times then finally got a rare death oni :D

Survivor
Apr 10, 2011
3
wait i am still confused! :( :( :(
i read that and i do not get it.
me and my friend have been wanting to hatch a pet together for some time now, but your pet has to be of a certain age. so i have been training my pet and i finally got it old enough. my friend was not online so i thought it would be smart to read up about hatching with your friends. so i did. i read you have to pay alot of money. when people say you have to pay between 20,000-80,000 does that mean if the cost was 20,000 i would pay some and my friend would pay some or i would pay 20,000 and my friend would paw 20,000?

also i am hearing a lot about mixing this pet with that pet and all these pet seem to be the more expensive pets, and the more "exotic" ones. so does that mean if you took like a blood bat and like a unicorn you wouldnt get anything?
well you would get something, but does anyone ever even mix the easier to get pets with any other pet? or does every one just hatch the harder to get ones?

and why does it cost so much? i think the cost should depend on the animal for example if i mixed two unicorns together it should cost less than lets say a helephant and a colossus.

are you saying that if i mix like a dragon and a dragon i might get like a pet in stores like a bat or something or a different creature like..... oh i dont know.
but if i try to mix a dragon and a dragon or something and im gonna get like a bat or a unicorn or stuff i can get in the pet pavillion, i will be really ticked off that i spent money on something i already have like 5 of.

can you explain because i really do not want to take any chances before i
hatch.

and if i hatch something does that mean there is a possibility that i might get something cooler than my friend? you should get the same as eachother or they should give you like two choices.

and how long does it take to hatch them??!?!??!?

sorry for the really LOOONG comment but i am confused. :( please get back to me asap :)thanks


Defender
Mar 13, 2011
128
lovinghearts101 wrote:
wait i am still confused! :( :( :(
i read that and i do not get it.
me and my friend have been wanting to hatch a pet together for some time now, but your pet has to be of a certain age. so i have been training my pet and i finally got it old enough. my friend was not online so i thought it would be smart to read up about hatching with your friends. so i did. i read you have to pay alot of money. when people say you have to pay between 20,000-80,000 does that mean if the cost was 20,000 i would pay some and my friend would pay some or i would pay 20,000 and my friend would paw 20,000?

also i am hearing a lot about mixing this pet with that pet and all these pet seem to be the more expensive pets, and the more "exotic" ones. so does that mean if you took like a blood bat and like a unicorn you wouldnt get anything?
well you would get something, but does anyone ever even mix the easier to get pets with any other pet? or does every one just hatch the harder to get ones?

and why does it cost so much? i think the cost should depend on the animal for example if i mixed two unicorns together it should cost less than lets say a helephant and a colossus.

are you saying that if i mix like a dragon and a dragon i might get like a pet in stores like a bat or something or a different creature like..... oh i dont know.
but if i try to mix a dragon and a dragon or something and im gonna get like a bat or a unicorn or stuff i can get in the pet pavillion, i will be really ticked off that i spent money on something i already have like 5 of.

can you explain because i really do not want to take any chances before i
hatch.

and if i hatch something does that mean there is a possibility that i might get something cooler than my friend? you should get the same as eachother or they should give you like two choices.

and how long does it take to hatch them??!?!??!?

sorry for the really LOOONG comment but i am confused. :( please get back to me asap :)thanks



I'll try and answer some of these questions. Looking at the dates you may have already gotten your answers elsewhere, but if not here goes.

First, remember that this posting has to do with SPECIAL pets, not the normal pets you find in the spiral.

The cost for a pet can range widely I believe debending on its pedigree. The cost is per person. So if you alone are doing the hatching or if you and a friend are the cost isn't affected. The most I have paid for a hatching is just under 60,000 gold, the least I have spent is just over 25000 gold.

Except for SPECIAL pets you will most likely get a pet type of one of the parents. There are some pets will can produce hybrids, but I won't go into that now, (search on hybrids for more info).

I have found that hatching time is about a day. Not sure if the time is different for crown players (I am a member). Some pets have a very small hatching time of about 5 minutes... I think these are certain crown pets.

When 2 friends hatch together I believe they each get the same pet, but I am not 100% sure of this.

Hope this helps.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
261
dragonboy928 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

What will I get instead?!?
If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose

i think you should get the same pet the other mixer has

That isn't exactly the process of hatching. You MIGHT be able to get the pet the other mixer has, but it is kind of rare unless you have a related pet with the same or similar bloodline, or the same pet itself, unless it is on that list Professor Greyrose was talking about.

Mix 1:
If you see someone with a scarecrow, for example, and you have, let's say a hybrid wraith that was hatched with a scarecrow but you still ended up with a wraith, then it might be possible to receive a scarecrow if you hatch with another player with a scarecrow pet, as your hybrid wraith can likely have the bloodline of that scarecrow you hatched with the other player with the scarecrow before. So, the combination is: Scarecrow-Hybrid Wraith + First Generation Scarecrow or a Scarecrow-hatched-Scarecrow Scarecrow hybrid = Scarecrow (maybe).

Mix 2:
If you have a scarecrow, you can hatch with another person with the scarecrow and get a scarecrow, although it isn't worth the probably 50,000 + gold cost.

Explorer
Mar 02, 2010
59
I'm extremely tired of the cost of hatching. I had been farming for a day to afford to hatch with my giraffe, and when I hatched, I got a stray piggle. It took me TWO days to farm for the next hatch and I finally got luck. I had mixed with an Ianthine Spectre, and the pet I hatched had the appearance of one, and the card part, but I don't know if it got something from my giraffe.
I am tired of the cost, please lower it. And while talking about costs, please lower the costs in the crown shop!

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
3
It takes way to much to hatch with a sea dragon :? but its worth it
Sea Dragon and Ghost Hound= Icehound
Sea Dragon and Fierce Hound= Danger Hound
Good hatches