Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance treated unfair!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
balance is definitely treated worse then the other schools. We don't have a school banner in the libraries, we don't get a school tower, and we don't even get to see are school or the rest of are spells till were in KT.

Mason Ironhorn lv.22 sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
dudegorgon2 wrote:
balance is definitely treated worse then the other schools. We don't have a school banner in the libraries, we don't get a school tower, and we don't even get to see are school or the rest of are spells till were in KT.

I agree! Also, I haven't found any shields against balance spells (even though we have a natural resistance). Stink city :(

Survivor
May 03, 2009
how do you think other types feel when judgement pops on the screen and we have no shields on it

it's tough
and balance is the most amazing element it combines all powers but you can use tower shield to defend damage

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Wait till you get judgment and nova!

Balance, to me, is the best and is definitely deserving of the title "Balance"

Explorer
Feb 16, 2009
Balance isnt treated unfair. Balance is just a * Special School * you might say. Balance may not have a tower but there powers are amazing. You can summon a minion that can etheir be Ice Storm or Fire. Also to shield against balance just use tower shield, to put traps use hexes. Balance also can use fire storm and ice spells at the same time. Like putting Elemantal SHields, the Elemantal Minions, and Hydra. Balance is also special because it isnt in WC like all the other schools, it gets to be on Krokosphinx in Kt. And having no Balance shields is an advantage to Balance ( well besides tower shields ) so that way you dont have to worry about your opponent protection against you. SO just be grateful you are Balance.

- Jasmine BlueGem Lvl 45 Thaumaturge
The Purifier

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
I think Balance is treated fine, they have really good spells!

I've seen some people wanting to be Balance because they like their spells and they are powerful.

Survivor
May 14, 2009
julesgrusien wrote:
Balance isnt treated unfair. Balance is just a * Special School * you might say. Balance may not have a tower but there powers are amazing. You can summon a minion that can etheir be Ice Storm or Fire. Also to shield against balance just use tower shield, to put traps use hexes. Balance also can use fire storm and ice spells at the same time. Like putting Elemantal SHields, the Elemantal Minions, and Hydra. Balance is also special because it isnt in WC like all the other schools, it gets to be on Krokosphinx in Kt. And having no Balance shields is an advantage to Balance ( well besides tower shields ) so that way you dont have to worry about your opponent protection against you. SO just be grateful you are Balance.

The Purifier

yeah but if a balance wizard isnt a subscriber then they wouldnt get to see the balance school so yes it is. people say like "storm wizards come to the storm party in the storm tower" and balance wizards cant say "balance wizards come to the balance party in the balance tower"

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Balance is sooooo not unfair. If you do remember on lvl 2, Professer Wethersfield says "balance is more powerful than the other schools and harder to master, but with balance you can do great things." So balance being the "most powerful school" means its going to have some disadvantages. But i see what you mean.

GO BALANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kestrel Ghostwalker~lvl 42 Master sorcerer :D

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Every school has its good points and bad points. I hated death school until I started another school. Then I realized that death was cool. And when I got to the higher levels of balance I started liking it to.

Jeffrey Hawkflame, Grandmaster Necromancer
Jeffrey Battlegarden, Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
I am storm and I have to say you guys are pretty tough.
I can't block the judgement lady what so ever.You cannot do anything to stop you guys.I wouldn't complain if I had practiclly invinsible unblockable spells

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Plus every school had many disvantages.
Take my element storm for example.
We are pretty strong correct?
We seem unstopable right?.
WRONG
We are the kings and queens of fizzling
Not to mention our minion is pretty useless.
And we don't have alot of heath either
I am level 22 with about 860max hp.
My secondary school, life has disadvantages aswell.
The healers are the first to get attacked in pvp
And the normal attacks pretty much don't do much.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
dudegorgon2 wrote:

I think that balance is treated fine.I think all the towers are useless and you get some awesome spells.Death is the one that is mistreated.Everybody thinks that us death wizards are evil.we are not.just because our teach is evil it does not mean that we are.and we are not all goth and love black and stuff, we just got chosen in the special school of death.I say that balance is exagerating and that Death is being treated bad.we should stand up and fight.by the way balance is my second school.it is awesome.

Mary Dreamshade Magus Death wizard level thirty three

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
julesgrusien wrote:

The Purifier

the 1 thing that balence that i hate is that there is nothing on the sprit side of magic you no myth life death? they are inportant to!
your friend,
SYDNEY MYTHHUNTER
Lvl 18 balence goddess 8)
i need my minion so bad butniles is out of reach!

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
1.Balance is treated horribly i pvp these to sisters lost to me and my friend we are both high lvl balance. THEY SAID I WON THE FIRST MATCH BECAUSE I WAS BALANCE
2.They lost and challenged me to a 1v1 I lost because they used like seven absorbs then, seven tower sheilds. I got really mad that they can use all these sheilds some of them were treasure scratch that half of them were treasure. Then when I lost to both of them they start like ghost texting me.(I dont know what it is they textt me without being on my list, some of my lvl 50 friends know how too) and saying tings I shoulld never repeat and almost made me quit pvp.

Wolf ShaodBreaker lvl 43 sorcerer :? :? :? :?

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
i agree a little bit feint should be in balance and tower shield should also

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
its not "that powerful" its connection makes it fire is the most powerful

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
dudegorgon2 wrote:

As far as school, towers and banners go for Balance....from what I gathered so far (and I haven't been playing long) Balance is not native to Wizard City. In fact, the Balance Professor is from Marleybone.

That probably explains why there is not formal school (in Wizard City) or a tower or a banner available for Balance.

I could be wrong, though.

Cronniss Starrmyrr

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
i am not a balance student but i agree. they dont have banners, towers, or schools (in ravenwood). their school is in a hot, dry, krokotopia climate where you have to wait until lvl. 20 or so to get to it. their spells are good but not many shilds.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
sparky1233334444 wrote:
i agree a little bit feint should be in balance and tower shield should also
If feint was in balance they would be stronger than storm! you balance people have hex and your to blades. that can be used for judgement if feint was in balance we would die in one hit. KEEP FEINT IN DEATH!

-Robert GriffinHaven level 49 master conjuer

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
sparky1233334444 wrote:

kk ppl i get what your sying but come on we have an entire world that is balance so stop your complaining please we have 2 teachers we get 2 minions we have powerful cards we are the bomb of wizard101 (FYI im pritty sure merle is a balance wizard).

and sure balance and other schools have there ups and down but we need to suck it up and move on!

sincerely,
Nicholas SoulMender lvl 30

Balance & fire Wizard

Explorer
May 24, 2009
dudegorgon2 wrote:

personally i think balance is the second most overated school. ( i say death is the most overated sorry)

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
Well each school has there own disadvantages:

Storm:
-fizzles (then again at higher levels you get equipment that boosts your accuracy so in the long run your hard work through lower levels pays off entirely)
-low health max

Balance (honestly I love balance and can't think of any real bad things):
-what was said earilier in this post about no tower or banner etc.
-no shields against your own school?
-every other school gets one free thing from the secret trainers (I think)...But then again from the balance tree you get all your blades and traps free (:

Life:
-low attacks? (boosted once you get blades and traps)
-to me, not nearly enough attack spells...then again in PvP life usually just heals (only in 1v1 has my grand life had to use blades and centaur o.O)

Ice (personally I think ice has too many advantages...high health, resistence to ALL schools, TOWER SHIELD):
-low attacks? (same as life)

Death (again hard to think of disadvantages...but on the bright side I love how death goes through armor!):
-help me think o.O

Myth (does best in 1v1 because Orthrus is only to one target, plus you can bring minions!):
-the level 48 spell, in my opinion, is a bit weak compared to the others...only one enemy? plus you have to trap twice...then again I love Earthquake :P

Fire:
-lower health I believe?
-fizzle (accuracy gets better, same as storm)

Not one schol is perfect

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
TayD wrote:
Wait till you get judgment and nova!

Balance, to me, is the best and is definitely deserving of the title "Balance"
Balance IS best in pvp 1v1 but life is best pvp 4v4 when you walk in to arena facing 4 grandmaster life wizards it is almost IMPOSSIBLE!

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
namac5 wrote:
sparky1233334444 wrote:

kk ppl i get what your sying but come on we have an entire world that is balance so stop your complaining please we have 2 teachers we get 2 minions we have powerful cards we are the bomb of wizard101 (FYI im pritty sure merle is a balance wizard).

and sure balance and other schools have there ups and down but we need to suck it up and move on!

sincerely,
Nicholas SoulMender lvl 30

Balance & fire Wizard
FYI merle is everything I was told bye KI and can use power pips for all schools and has all spells and i have a life fire and myth wizard a death life and myth wizard and a fire and life wizard and fire has a whole worl dedicated to them to which is DS DS would eaily conquer krokotopia.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
You know we dont have to make shields and stuff to conquer balance we can think of a new school to COUNTER balance like chaos? maybe? balance of the spirits life death and myth we can just take spirit trap blade and shield from balance and give to it it spell at lvl 42 would be cerberus like hydra only attacks with all 3 life death and myth idk about the lvl 48 spell yet PLZ POST IDEA and its bubble would be called library plus 20% accuracy to all spells its rank X spell would be like 50 damage per pip and convert half to own health.