Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Do We Get A minoun

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2008
Kilajula wrote:
Myth gets multiple minions. I have three right now. You get Golem minion (0) at a low level (I think after you survey ravenwood). So technically, you get your first minion at level 1 for myth students. If not at 1, then somewhere between 1-5.

I have currently received a new addition to my Golem, Troll and Cyclops minions. The newest member of my summon family is Minotaur! He and Golem are my two favorites so far. And he can hunt for himself, so putting food on the table doesn't get too expensive.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2008
when i was life i got a small sprite around level 18 or 20 and i called her trixie the pixie.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
firesky wrote:
ok, i am level 30, and i am in marleybone, and i still haven't gotten a minion, i have see a lot of people with them, but not a death student. I was wondering when do we get one, because i am level 30, and i have done a million quests,(figure of speech). But i till haven't gotten my minion. If any death student, reads this, and you got a minion, please reply.

I am in death school and you need to go back to wizard city to sunken city and talk to the death school professor in the house next to marla, she should give you a quest and after it is completed you will get a minion card.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2008
lets all agree that storm minioins are the worst type all they do is sheild and do that aggro thing :( :( :(

Survivor
May 29, 2008
wolfcowman wrote:
lets all agree that storm minioins are the worst type all they do is sheild and do that aggro thing :( :( :(
I disagree. I think as a character with the lowest health, having something to take the hits for you is perfect. Diviners need tanks, and what better tank than a minion?

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
Survivor
Jun 18, 2008
i'm trying to get the minon BUT can't acess the Krokosphinx DARN IT!!!! :x
willing to aceppt help from ny1 who can acess the krokosphinx

Bye - Catherine Pixiecloud level 18 balance wiz

Survivor
Jun 19, 2008
You can buy a minion if you go on the roof of the secret shop in Krokotopia.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
Survivor
Oct 14, 2008
'Cept they seem to love to cast fire elf and then fire trap... :P As a student of Balance, I get it too, along with water elemental, ice colossus, and mander minion! Balance rox mah soxxorz.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
sutalja wrote:
hmm.
i am level 31 pyromancer.
i still have yet to fine me a minion.

did i miss something??

Same with me too, I don't have one either, and would love it. Maybe
a phoenix? Or how about a Fire Fairy?

Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
wolfcowman wrote:

I couldn't go solo without my minion. When you get to higher levels, you have two monsters attacking you. My minion makes it so I get fewer attacks and keeps the other monster busy. It will also take hits that would have been for me. And finally, when it gets low hp, it will also attack back. It's almost as good as having a friend fighting with me. (Might be even better - as soon as you get a friend join in battle, more monsters will join in. Don't have that problem with a minion.)

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
Kilajula wrote:
mdimasso wrote:
Could you answer the question please? I tried to create another topic and I couldn't (don't have the privileges). Anyway, what I meant about color was the TRIM and the other one, which I don't remember. But why color would change the price of an item?

The question mostl likely hasn't been answered because no one really knows. It's the same for clothing. Some colors are just more expensive than others. I assume those that are more desirable cost more. But the only explanation is known by the developers.

No, I have a theory on it, in ancient times, the rich were the only ones who could afford to buy black, white, orange, red, etc. colored clothes, while the poor could only afford brown, tan, and other "dull" colors. Not sure why it's the same with pets, but it's probably still because the pets are equipped like clothes.

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
i know how to get minons 2 ways. Talk to Zeke and get the animated tri con. or get them form schools. one i know is ice school.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
The reason to make some colors more expensive than others is for vanity, to give players with lots of gold something to buy.

If buying more expensive things gets you better gear, that's fine up to a point, but if it means you have to spend most of your time farming gold, that's terrible for gameplay. Worse, if pvp is nothing more than a contest of who spent more money to buy super-expensive crown gear, that's completely stupid.

But if they don't make anything expensive that you can buy, people will complain about that, too. The solution is to make expensive stuff that you can buy to show off without getting a gameplay advantage from it.

It's kind of like how in Puzzle Pirates, you can get really cheap clothes of some colors or really expensive clothes of other colors--and clothes there don't have any stats on them whatsoever. The same concept with a somewhat different implementation is the armor system in Guild Wars, where the max-level edition of every armor for a class has the same inherent stats, but you can pay 1k plus materials per piece for some armors, 15k plus materials per piece for some other armors, or a bunch of extremely expensive materials (over 100k per piece) for obsidian armor. That lets some players show off without putting newer players at a gameplay disadvantage.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
dragonmaster5 wrote:
please tell me how to get a minoun.

lvl 28 every school but myth gets at lvl 28 i am lvl 42 pyromancer so i should know :D

Administrator
Each school has at least one minion, here are the levels that the minions are available through a quest.

Fire - level 28
Ice - level 28
Death - level 28
Storm - level 18
Life - level 18
Balance - levels 18 and 38
Myth - levels 2, 7, 18 and 38

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
race101 wrote:
i know how to get minons 2 ways. Talk to Zeke and get the animated tri con. or get them form schools. one i know is ice school.

a minion from zeke? or did you ment to say pet?

Defender
Oct 14, 2008
Matters what school you are in... I think minions mostly come from myth but i am balance and i have a minion, so do my other friends and they're in different schools, so i guess you have to be a certain lvl.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Wait balance wizards get 2 minions? Sweet! I just got mander minion and it was actually easier than I thought. Running around and talking to npcs and then fight a monster with 400 hp? I thought it would be a bigger challenge. Oh well I'm not complaining I'm just glad I have a mander minion :D

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Note that you can only have one minion up at a time, even if you have multiple types of minions in your deck.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
i randomly made 4 accounts and 1 of them is a lvl 5, she already has a minion. yet again my main character is a lvl 22 and still has NO minion

Administrator
That's because different schools get their minions at different levels.

Each school has at least one minion, here are the levels that the minions are available through a quest.

Fire - level 28
Ice - level 28
Death - level 28
Storm - level 18
Life - level 18
Balance - levels 18 and 38
Myth - levels 2, 7, 18 and 38

firecookie99 wrote:
i randomly made 4 accounts and 1 of them is a lvl 5, she already has a minion. yet again my main character is a lvl 22 and still has NO minion

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
i have my minion. talked to somebody who has a pet colossus. they said they got it from beating the quest to get there minion. i still have no colossus. anybody know how i get one?

Squire
Dec 02, 2008