Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So do pet talents grow higher with the pet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2016
Sorry this is my first time really trying to learn the nuisances of pet breeding and maturing. So I hatched a blinking key egg and raised it to teen. The very first skill it got was Critical Striker +3. What I'm curious about is if I keep raising the pet more will that talent get higher or is it permanently stuck at +3?

Gloomy Eye
Strength-27
Intellect-34
Agility-30
Will-18
Power-21

I haven't done anything to it since it manifested.

Thank you for the help ahead of time. :)

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
ForgottenApex on Dec 8, 2022 wrote:
Sorry this is my first time really trying to learn the nuisances of pet breeding and maturing. So I hatched a blinking key egg and raised it to teen. The very first skill it got was Critical Striker +3. What I'm curious about is if I keep raising the pet more will that talent get higher or is it permanently stuck at +3?

Gloomy Eye
Strength-27
Intellect-34
Agility-30
Will-18
Power-21

I haven't done anything to it since it manifested.

Thank you for the help ahead of time. :)
As your stats increase so will the numbers on your talents. So for example critical strike,r depending on how high your pet stats can go, could reach 31. Now if I remember correctly agility and will affect critical. Whereas if you have a damage talent like painkiller you would need to Max strength, will and power. Or if you have a resist talent like spell proof, strength and agility and power would affect the percentage.

Probably the best piece of advice I can give you is once adult. Hatch with another pet that has the talents you are looking for. Do this several times when the pet gets to adult and hopefully you'll be able to mix in better talents. If possible ask a friend or just a random wizard if they will hatch with you. Ask for a lend. It's much cheaper than using the pet kiosk. However you should be able to find whatever you want in the kiosk.