Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ability to Remove Wizards From Family Accounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 29, 2020
Hi everyone!

This post is both personal but also concerns an issue I believe has a direct impact on customer experience, so I hope that before I say anything further, that the readers know that this post comes after a discussion with KI support team in which I requested to transfer an old wizard to my new account.

The KI support replied that to do so, I would need to have the two wizards in the same family account. This would not at all have been an issue if not a very specific problem that, as I've found out, I am not the only one dealing with; the old Family account (and the account itself) from which I wanted to transfer my wizard have been connected with other accounts without my permission by my family member who was underage at the time. Since then I have been trying to get in touch with the people who own the accounts in question, but they have either completely lost access to their email and accounts, wont reply to the emails shown on the family account, or dropped out of the face of the earth. As a result, my old account is stuck attached to accounts of strangers who may not just have my personal banking data, but a direct attachment to my own account.

So far as I have looked, KI has not brought up why it is so necessary to make it an impossibility to remove other accounts from the parent account. I understand this is a children's game, however when the discussion is about a parent account to whom foreign accounts were attached without the permission of the very owner in question, this creates a limbo. Yes, you can attach a new account created to the old account, bringing in yet another wizard into the family, but this means the new account I created will be once again attached to accounts of complete strangers who are an inch closer to my personal information.

I would like to suggest to the wonderful KI staff, whom I adore for creating a game that singlehandedly taught me English as a child, to give people the freedom to remove accounts from the family account, both for sake of our personal freedoms, but even more importantly because of safety. If the account owners in question are legal adults, with bank accounts and other information at risk, or even just have the desire to move a wizard they have had since the game's creation into a new account they actually use - there should be no reason why we cannot do more with accounts we don't just have but pay for.

Again, I love Wiz101 to no end but I hope that KI understands that many people who grew up and invested years and hundreds of dollars into this game and mean no malice. Thus, I believe this change will be a step in the right direction of making the game less rigid, and safer especially for those whose personal data is in question. That is all.

With love,
A pre-historic storm wizard :)

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
I second this It would be really great to remove entire accounts from a family of accounts.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
This should be a given due to the fact the game portrays itself as a family friendly game, why make it harder for other family members to grow up with the game/ start a new family and introduce them to wiz?

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
I agree this should be looked into. Some of us have been playing since the game started, and now would like to keep out level and items we've purchased but need to move our wizard out from our old family account to a new one. Making a way to buy a potion for example that allows a one time import of your wizard to a new account should be possible seeing how they can take the players in Europe and move them to the new servers.