Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Block Animation/First Arc Mobs Blocking

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 17, 2010
Why has the blocking animation been done away with? It's really been bothering me for the last month now, since I picked up the again. We should know when we block critical hits. It doesn't make sense not to have the block animation, after having it for so many years. I would love to see this put back in the game, more than anything else.

Another thing I just wanted to mention as well: How and why are first arc mobs and bosses blocking criticals when it says they have a 0% chance to block. It makes no sense. I farm a lot in Marleybone and Dragonspyre for gear and its amazing how often mobs and bosses are blocking, when they really shouldn't be in the first place, since critical/block was not introduced until the second arc. Maybe I'm the only person that really cares about it but, I would like to see this fixed in an update at some point.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? I'd love to see other people's opinions.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
This isn't quite exactly Critical Blocking that's going on when that happens. When you Critical, the game checks if you get a Critical on each enemy. So when it looks like an enemy Critical Blocks, it's because you didn't actually get a critical on that particular enemy. Even though you got the Critical animation.

It's really unintuitive and I wish it weren't like this.