Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wand Casting Animations

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 01, 2019
I think it would be a cool idea if there was a wider variety of new wand spell animations. This would go for both spells cast from the sigil and those cast in the center, while also depending on the type/design of the wand.

The vast majority are the same. They don't enhance the magical aspect of using different types of wands throughout the game. Wands typically change in design from world to world and I feel like it could give players something more to look forward to when leveling up. I think that most spells received some sort of update and the wand spells were somewhat overlooked, in my opinion.

The spell Scorching Scimitars really captivates the player in showing how that particular wand/weapon is used. I haven't heard a single person say that spell doesn't look amazing (Fantastic job btw). I think an update could give wands more of a WOW factor and could increase the chances of a wizard adding it to their spell book.

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
A recipe vendor with these unique animations would be nice, so you just need to "craft the animation".

Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
Totally agree! I was re-questing through Dragonspyre today and fought Ivan Soulsinger, who wields a sword wand and casts it differently (and cooler) than our wizard's sword wands. Since that animation is already in the game I would love to see it used for our wizard!

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
Champion
Jan 25, 2015
danadog5757 on Dec 29, 2021 wrote:
Totally agree! I was re-questing through Dragonspyre today and fought Ivan Soulsinger, who wields a sword wand and casts it differently (and cooler) than our wizard's sword wands. Since that animation is already in the game I would love to see it used for our wizard!
Exactly the one I thought of too. I remember questing a while back and seeing that cast. I was disappointed when I got his wand and saw the animation was the same as the others.