Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Halley's observatory silver chest bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2009
Starting Azteca and was doing the initial quest where you visit the observatory. Decided to look around the observatory because the exploration is part of the fun and found two silver chests on the upper floor.
Opened the first one and it despawned at the end as expected, opened the second and when the game finished it was still there and I could still interact with it. Lucky respawn, I assumed, and played it again. I unlocked it again that second time and at the end of the game it was still there. I decided at that point there was no way that was right and left it but I thought I should probably mention here that the second chest (furthest from the entry to the upper floor in the observatory) doesn't seem to ever despawn.

- Reed, 84

Administrator
lil haunt on Aug 13, 2021 wrote:
Starting Azteca and was doing the initial quest where you visit the observatory. Decided to look around the observatory because the exploration is part of the fun and found two silver chests on the upper floor.
Opened the first one and it despawned at the end as expected, opened the second and when the game finished it was still there and I could still interact with it. Lucky respawn, I assumed, and played it again. I unlocked it again that second time and at the end of the game it was still there. I decided at that point there was no way that was right and left it but I thought I should probably mention here that the second chest (furthest from the entry to the upper floor in the observatory) doesn't seem to ever despawn.

- Reed, 84
Hi Reed! Thank you for the report! I just checked this in game, though I had already done that quest, there was a single silver chest. I did it and it didn't respawn, so this may have been a one time thing.