Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Initialization Error: Unable to create new renderer. Windows 7 64 bit.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 19, 2021

Getting this error with the new update in Windows 7 64 bit, support told me to update to Windows 10, which is what I'm going to unfortunately be doing for my friend, but I love my Windows 7, please fix this for other windows 7 and 8.1 users, as it is listed on the W101 website as one of the supported OS's.

System:
W7 64 Bits
Latest Drivers (Installed them after the error popped, my drivers were pretty new before that.)
DX11

I would post the DXDIAG but character limit, there was nothing wrong with it anyways, just that I was running W7 64 bits, please, do not abandon this OS or Windows 8, I'm begging you :c.

Administrator
GodNoden on Apr 22, 2021 wrote:

Getting this error with the new update in Windows 7 64 bit, support told me to update to Windows 10, which is what I'm going to unfortunately be doing for my friend, but I love my Windows 7, please fix this for other windows 7 and 8.1 users, as it is listed on the W101 website as one of the supported OS's.

System:
W7 64 Bits
Latest Drivers (Installed them after the error popped, my drivers were pretty new before that.)
DX11

I would post the DXDIAG but character limit, there was nothing wrong with it anyways, just that I was running W7 64 bits, please, do not abandon this OS or Windows 8, I'm begging you :c.
Greetings! Here are the latest system requirements to guide you on what the game currently supports:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/system-requirements

Thanks for contacting support to answer your question. Your system 'may' still be able to run Wizard101 if all drivers and such are updated, but unfortunately we cannot guarantee support at this version.