Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Boss Rush Gamemode

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 20, 2016
Idea:
I think that the idea of a boss rush style gamemode in wiz would be a really cool challenge for high level PvE players. The gamemode would have some unique elements to it to keep it interesting and rewarding and not feel like a repetitive grind of the same battles each time. The elements that I suggest are just my opinion and I would love to hear more iterations of this. The general goal that I had was a nostalgic but also challenging for long time PvE players.

Basics:
The way it would work is you would enter a dungeon and it gives you a random boss from a large list of hand picked bosses the community voted on(from any world). The bosses difficulty are scaled up in difficult to the level cap of the world that you enter the gauntlet in (a 5 boxes event style). The bosses would also have very revamped and brand new forms of cheats(especially old bosses)

Unique Gameplay:
The bosses would be buffed to be harder than most battles in the world you are in at the time. The boss list would rotate weekly, meaning each week would feature different bosses to keep it interesting. To increase the difficulty, players would not have any way to restock items.
Meaning:

- no restocking potions during the gauntlet
- no healing or mana wisps along the way
- no buying more TC
- etc
- Essentially no way to leave the boss rush temporarily, only in defeat or victory
This would make teamwork incredibly important for winning.

Gameplay:
In order to beat the boss rush, you would need to beat every boss in the rush. For example, you beat the 15 bosses that in the boss rush and then, you start a sort of "endless" style where the bosses are SUPER buffed. The first 15 would be the first tier of the bosses and would give you a decent reward. The endless bosses would give you a much greater reward that scales with the number of endless bosses you beat. The second tier in endless version of the fight would incredible rewards.

Rewards:
As a reward, you would get really cool vanity items as rewards such as badges and/or stitch gear, rather than having another boss that you would farm for in order to get better gear(we have a lot of that already). The boss could drop some good loot here and there but mainly the reward would be a fun, challenging, and unique adventure each time you play it.

Curious on what the community thinks. Would love to hear more ideas on this.