Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas for Pet & Wand Maycasts Audits? (Fixed)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
All right, so I mentioned this on Twitter before to Ratbeard, but now i'm gonna do it here, with some changes,

So MOST people who do Pet Training & PvP know by now how "RNG-based" Maycasts are, and that their "Cast Rates" are off the charts? Positive & Negative. If you only do PvE, you probably haven't noticed this, since most Maycast Talents aren't usually "Meta" in PvE, but if you're like me who likes to have "Unique" Pets, most Maycasts that aren't Auras usually aren't "Worth It", and Auras just happen too often and requires only "RNG" to get an advantage, and most other Maycasts almost "never" Trigger.

So here's my Idea to "Fix" the whole "RNG" problem of Maycasts in General, the "too often" & the "never casts" portion of them both.

^^Skip Above if TLDR^^

Instead of just straight up Banning Maycasts from PvP, or making their "Cast Rate" so low to the point it's not even worth having it, and even if it does still Cast, it'll still be an "RNG" problem, and none of those help "Fix" them in PvE or even PvP IMO either, so I have a better idea. How about making them "similar" to Will Casts, but not exactly? What I mean by this is to remove the "RNG" factor of Maycasts, but keep how you need to use specific "Triggers" to "Cast" them? For Example: I have the Maycast Virulence Pet Talent on my Pet, to "Trigger" Virulence to "Cast", I'd have to do the "Trigger" a specific amount of times before it "Will Cast", and let's say that the "Triggers" for Virulence to "Cast", for another Example: Use a Positive Charm 3 times, Use an Attack 2 times, Use a Negative Ward 2 times, I also think it should NOT have to be used consecutively, but the amount of times you did the "Triggers" will span over the course of the Match, and the amount of times you need to use the "Triggers" for it to "Cast" will only "Reset" once the Pet "Casts" the Spell. Also, this is just an Example, not saying it's set in stone and you have to "Trigger" them this many times for it to "Cast", the Developers can change how they see fit. As most people probably know by now, Maycasts already have different "Triggers", just that it's Random when they will "Cast" from that said "Trigger", and I think that most people don't know this, but every "Trigger" a Maycast has have different "Cast Rates", all are random, though, and with this method I came up with, I think it would "Fix" the problem with Maycasts as it stands right now.
Hope it gets added, thanks in advance!

Also, there's still the Problem with Kroger Jewels and Weapon Casts, but I'll probably get more into those later on, maybe someone else can comment their Ideas and Opinions on what they should do with those? Or even on my Idea! Tell me your Opinions on this Idea!

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
As I have already said before in another post that got buried, Maycasts of any sort have no place in PVP.

I would propose that Maycasts per se, be removed from PVP altogether. For PVE they can remain as they are,
but for PVP they should be replaced with an identical item card.

As an example, Maycast fortify pets (in PVP only) becomes 3 Fortify Item Cards (1 at adult, 2 at epic, 3 at mega).
For PVE, no change.

Explorer
Oct 24, 2019
devin669311 on Mar 3, 2021 wrote:
All right, so I mentioned this on Twitter before to Ratbeard, but now i'm gonna do it here, with some changes,

So MOST people who do Pet Training & PvP know by now how "RNG-based" Maycasts are, and that their "Cast Rates" are off the charts? Positive & Negative. If you only do PvE, you probably haven't noticed this, since most Maycast Talents aren't usually "Meta" in PvE, but if you're like me who likes to have "Unique" Pets, most Maycasts that aren't Auras usually aren't "Worth It", and Auras just happen too often and requires only "RNG" to get an advantage, and most other Maycasts almost "never" Trigger.

So here's my Idea to "Fix" the whole "RNG" problem of Maycasts in General, the "too often" & the "never casts" portion of them both.

^^Skip Above if TLDR^^

Instead of just straight up Banning Maycasts from PvP, or making their "Cast Rate" so low to the point it's not even worth having it, and even if it does still Cast, it'll still be an "RNG" problem, and none of those help "Fix" them in PvE or even PvP IMO either, so I have a better idea. How about making them "similar" to Will Casts, but not exactly? What I mean by this is to remove the "RNG" factor of Maycasts, but keep how you need to use specific "Triggers" to "Cast" them? For Example: I have the Maycast Virulence Pet Talent on my Pet, to "Trigger" Virulence to "Cast", I'd have to do the "Trigger" a specific amount of times before it "Will Cast", and let's say that the "Triggers" for Virulence to "Cast", for another Example: Use a Positive Charm 3 times, Use an Attack 2 times, Use a Negative Ward 2 times, I also think it should NOT have to be used consecutively, but the amount of times you did the "Triggers" will span over the course of the Match, and the amount of times you need to use the "Triggers" for it to "Cast" will only "Reset" once the Pet "Casts" the Spell. Also, this is just an Example, not saying it's set in stone and you have to "Trigger" them this many times for it to "Cast", the Developers can change how they see fit. As most people probably know by now, Maycasts already have different "Triggers", just that it's Random when they will "Cast" from that said "Trigger", and I think that most people don't know this, but every "Trigger" a Maycast has have different "Cast Rates", all are random, though, and with this method I came up with, I think it would "Fix" the problem with Maycasts as it stands right now.
Hope it gets added, thanks in advance!

Also, there's still the Problem with Kroger Jewels and Weapon Casts, but I'll probably get more into those later on, maybe someone else can comment their Ideas and Opinions on what they should do with those? Or even on my Idea! Tell me your Opinions on this Idea!
Although I don't PvP really anymore,
I'd say PvP Rates should be Extremely Rare like an actual shocking and game changing event if they were to trigger.

PvE Rates should be Common or Somewhat Common.

You mentioned Kroger Jewels, ya those should be Banned or set to 0 for PvP. They seem more like PvE Jewels to me. (Insert "Ban Deckathalon Deck Too" Meme here)

Weapon Casts, I'd put into the same category as PvP. Extremely Rare.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Exabytes on Mar 8, 2021 wrote:
As I have already said before in another post that got buried, Maycasts of any sort have no place in PVP.

I would propose that Maycasts per se, be removed from PVP altogether. For PVE they can remain as they are,
but for PVP they should be replaced with an identical item card.

As an example, Maycast fortify pets (in PVP only) becomes 3 Fortify Item Cards (1 at adult, 2 at epic, 3 at mega).
For PVE, no change.
IMO your Idea is not that practical, for multiple reasons for me.

I can understand how Maycasts shouldn't be "Allowed" in PvP, cause it's pretty much whoever gets the most "Casts" and "RNG" wins, right? That's the reason I introduced my Idea in the first place, to remove the "RNG" factor of Maycasts. I just don't think they should "Ban" Maycasts from PvP, cause it would just remove freedom and creativity when it comes to Strategy and Gear, since there isn't that much diversity when it comes to PvP right now, but I don't think they should keep Maycasts "RNG" based.

For the PvE Idea you had about keeping them the same, I don't think they should keep them the same, they should also apply my Idea for both PvP and PvE, since right now Maycasts other than Auras in PvP aren't that "Relevant" or "Meta", if they add my Idea, Maycasts in General would be more practical and formulaic, no "RNG" required. They need to Revamp all Maycasts, not just the "Meta" ones.

Changing Maycasts into Item Cards seem like a horrible Idea, the problem is they would have to Revamp pre-existing Item Cards right now and TC... Why would I use Fortify Item Cards when I could use TC ones for higher Resist? Why would I use Azteca Aura Item Cards when I could use Uber Boots for a 6 round version? Why would I use Brace Item Cards when I could just make an Ice and be "Broken" and use the Uber Boots that give a 6 round 25 percent Brace? Also, what about stuff like Dragonlance, Incindiate, Disjunction, and what-not? Would those be no PvP? That would be annoying cause I can understand that it's P2W, but I was hoping they'd add a Craftable or Farmable option like how Lore Spells are, since I like those Maycasts, and I didn't want them to be "Banned", and if the Item Cards aren't "Banned", I can see how broken they would be in PvP, since you could have Access to Broken P2W Cards and use them whenever you want, I like my idea better!

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
JValhalla on Mar 8, 2021 wrote:
Although I don't PvP really anymore,
I'd say PvP Rates should be Extremely Rare like an actual shocking and game changing event if they were to trigger.

PvE Rates should be Common or Somewhat Common.

You mentioned Kroger Jewels, ya those should be Banned or set to 0 for PvP. They seem more like PvE Jewels to me. (Insert "Ban Deckathalon Deck Too" Meme here)

Weapon Casts, I'd put into the same category as PvP. Extremely Rare.
Nope, this Idea isn't practical, cause like I said in my Post, even if they reduce the "Cast Rate" to something really low, if it ends up Casting still, it's still gonna be an "RNG" issue, which is the problem right now, people winning cause of "RNG" and whoever gets the most "Casts", and yeah, Weapon Casts should be Similar to how I said the Maycasts should work, just after a "Specific" amount of Wand Attacks Casted, it will then "Trigger" the corresponding Weapon Cast, let's just say 5 for an Example, but it's different depending on what Weapon Cast it is. And yes, I can understand how Kroger Jewels should be "Banned", but I just think they should at least add a Craftable or Farmable way to get them like Lore Spells. (Also, Deckathalon Decks aren't that "OP" outside of Low Level PvP, which Low Level PvP Matchmaking is "Broken" right now, but I guess that's off-topic.)