Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet talents not adding up

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
Hello, trained a leaf foot with spell proof and spell defy, and the pet says it’s giving me 15% resist, but when I check my spell book it’s only giving me 14% resist is there something I did wrong or is it just the pet? It’s mega and I don’t really wanna hatch another one to get the same talents again.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Your pet has a value between 14 and 15, and you are seeing rounding effects on the display. I wouldn't worry about it.

Your real resist is based on the pet's stats (strength, agility, power) but the display rounds. The character display adds proof and defy, then rounds. The pet display shows each individually, rounded. The true effect in combat is fractional, not rounded to a whole number. So sometimes the numbers you see don't agree, but the pet will work fine.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
My base damage level is 136 WITHOUT a pet. When I equip my old pet who has 24 damage talents , my total damage level is 160 , which is correct. But I trained a new pet with 30 damage talents and when I equip it says my damage is 158. That math is not right. My total damage level with that pet should be 166 . I thought I'd give it day to see if it would change but it didn't. Does anyone know what is going on. I worked really hard to et those damage points.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Myth Goddess on Feb 4, 2021 wrote:
My base damage level is 136 WITHOUT a pet. When I equip my old pet who has 24 damage talents , my total damage level is 160 , which is correct. But I trained a new pet with 30 damage talents and when I equip it says my damage is 158. That math is not right. My total damage level with that pet should be 166 . I thought I'd give it day to see if it would change but it didn't. Does anyone know what is going on. I worked really hard to et those damage points.
Dont know, but dont train any of your pets, also depends whether you had the same EXACT gear, even if it does not have anything that affects damage.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2015
If your pet's stats are too far off from max, it may not add up the stats correctly. If you're not going for a perfect setup, it doesn't really matter, but what you are experiencing is not a glitch. For example, if your quint damage pet has a Thinkin' Cap on the socket, even if it's max stats, it will not give you 5% extra damage no matter what. Although it does show it on the display as everything is rounded up by 1.