Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Add new message board top-level folder for hobby "decorating"?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
Hey lovely KI wizards?

Now that decorating and and castle tours have badges of their own, does that mean it's a full fledged hobby?

If so, can decorating have it's own message board folder with the other hobbies?

Pretty please?

RoslynFP

Administrator
Roslyn Firepants on Dec 16, 2020 wrote:
Hey lovely KI wizards?

Now that decorating and and castle tours have badges of their own, does that mean it's a full fledged hobby?

If so, can decorating have it's own message board folder with the other hobbies?

Pretty please?

RoslynFP
Hi RoslynFP, a great idea!

Let's see how many reply to this thread with interest in a general "Housing & Castle Tours" section of the forums... we want to make sure there's sufficient interest to ensure the section isn't too barren :).

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Sparck on Dec 18, 2020 wrote:

Let's see how many reply to this thread with interest in a general "Housing & Castle Tours" section of the forums... we want to make sure there's sufficient interest to ensure the section isn't too barren :).
This is a great idea! Such a category would be a good place for those who want to share decorating tips or have questions!

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
I support this. I think it would be a nice way to bring together the housing community on the forums here.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Hi i'm always in search of decoration arrangement so i support this idea.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
What about a custom pattern system! I have a little drawing pad I would love to use! Maybe we can stitch designs to blank tees, cloaks ect.... maybe some easels and posters? Blank wallpaper or flooring?

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
While this isn't really furniture, I do have an obsession with collecting House Guests from Monstrology. I would like this idea.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
i would love to have a decorating folder to talk about housing and the tour.

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
I'd love to have a decorating section!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012

perhaps an idea, if there's an easy way to implement it, would be to scan the forums and see how many threads have already been started that deal with decorations/house guests/pet limits, etc

Squire
Jul 09, 2010

Sparck, I love this idea. Any chance there could be a tagging system added so that a post in the Housing/Decorating board could be automatically duplicated and sent for moderation to add to another board as well?

Like down there under Options:

• Watch this topic for replies
  • Auto-submit to Dorms
  • Auto-submit to Commons

I've had questions about the new decorating system that have gone unanswered, so focus with a specialized board might help BUT I've also had ideas for changes or additions so discussing it in the Dorms would be natural - yet, people who are browsing for education on the topic would naturally only go to read the specialized one - SO I think it might be most useful if some posts could be checked by the mods for duplication on two or more boards.

**To be clear - in order to have all the education and discussion in one place we'd initially submit in the main topic area - but a mod would decide if that individual post would also be good in the broader conversation of discussing things already in game or ideas to change or improve the game as well.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2014
Roslyn Firepants on Dec 16, 2020 wrote:
Hey lovely KI wizards?

Pretty please?

RoslynFP
In addition, it can be a place for stitching, too! Aesthetics and W101's variety in it is honestly one of the best things about the game

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
tclark1005 on Jan 18, 2021 wrote:
In addition, it can be a place for stitching, too! Aesthetics and W101's variety in it is honestly one of the best things about the game
It's a little off the original topic, but if the title was worked right it could help make the board active enough.

Plus if they ever introduce Housing Item Stitching or "Facing" it would be on brand.

(I REALLY want that one -
my Gear Vaults could look like urns, plants, wardrobes, little Fire Cat Alley reward trunks *____* )

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
A decorating folder would be nice to have.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2013
Great - I would definitely love to see tips and techniques especially from some of the top rated houses/dorms.

Community Leader
I think it would be a great idea. Decorating is a big part of the game, and with the recent castle tour changes and event it would be great to have a decorating topic :)

WhiteTiger93: Youtuber and Streamer Here --- Content Creator for Arcanum Archives. Check us out here for guides and events!
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I think this is a great idea!

This is definitely an in-game hobby.

I love it when my friends go all out and come up with arrangements and designs that I would have never thought of.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2016
Great idea!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Yes, this is a great idea. Especially with Castle Tours and Castle Magic becoming a thing of its own, giving a space for talented decorators to swap techniques is long overdue.

Alia Misthaven

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I also think that this would be a good idea. Especially given you just had a Housing RoundTable :)

Survivor
Feb 04, 2013
I love this idea, I always have questions and want to ask advice from the amazing decorators out there. I'm interested in getting started in this side of wiz, so having a forum to scout would be awesome.