Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestia preview quests unavailable.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
I'm on my level 53 life wizard and I just got done with Wintertusk and was going to do the Celestia preview quests for more exp. I go to talk to Halston Balestrom and he isn't giving any quests. I don't know if I'm misremembering or if it's a bug. I don't have them in my quest log and I never completed them on this character.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
zekrom223444 on May 19, 2020 wrote:
I'm on my level 53 life wizard and I just got done with Wintertusk and was going to do the Celestia preview quests for more exp. I go to talk to Halston Balestrom and he isn't giving any quests. I don't know if I'm misremembering or if it's a bug. I don't have them in my quest log and I never completed them on this character.
Maybe this Quest Tree will help: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Celestia_Quest_Tree#axzz6MwE8dkVj

It shows all of the Quests in Celestia. You can click on each Quest name to see the details for it. On the Quest pages, it also shows the 'prequest', and you can click on those too.

The very first Quest on that Tree tells you to see Merle Ambrose. He sends you to Celestia.

Hope that helps.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
AluraMist2 on May 20, 2020 wrote:
Maybe this Quest Tree will help: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Celestia_Quest_Tree#axzz6MwE8dkVj

It shows all of the Quests in Celestia. You can click on each Quest name to see the details for it. On the Quest pages, it also shows the 'prequest', and you can click on those too.

The very first Quest on that Tree tells you to see Merle Ambrose. He sends you to Celestia.

Hope that helps.
No that's not what I'm talking about at all. I'm talking about the quest tree introduced in this update https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/july2010

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
I've been having the same issue, more or less. I had the Strange Frequencies questline in my questbook, but after the May 15th update it's disappeared, and I can't pick it back up anywhere.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
zekrom223444 on May 21, 2020 wrote:
No that's not what I'm talking about at all. I'm talking about the quest tree introduced in this update https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/july2010
Did you read those Update Notes? They say this:

"Begin your Journey to Celestia

An urgent message has come from a faraway world!. For those of you who have completed the Final Countdown quest in Dragonspyre, visit me, Halston Balestrom, in Ravenwood. I urgently need your assistance!

These are the Preview Quests to Celestia. The world of Celestia will be available later this year.
Note: Due to community feedback, these preview quests will not be required to gain entry to the new world of Celestia when it is released."

So, as I said, talk to Merle Ambrose and he will send you to Celestia.

Administrator
This particular Celestia quest has been retired and is no longer available. This was a side quest, so you can proceed normally on the mainline quest.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
AluraMist2 on May 21, 2020 wrote:
Did you read those Update Notes? They say this:

"Begin your Journey to Celestia

An urgent message has come from a faraway world!. For those of you who have completed the Final Countdown quest in Dragonspyre, visit me, Halston Balestrom, in Ravenwood. I urgently need your assistance!

These are the Preview Quests to Celestia. The world of Celestia will be available later this year.
Note: Due to community feedback, these preview quests will not be required to gain entry to the new world of Celestia when it is released."

So, as I said, talk to Merle Ambrose and he will send you to Celestia.
Well it doesn't matter anyways, they're retired quests. But I was doing them for the exp not the celestia access

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
Sparck on May 21, 2020 wrote:
This particular Celestia quest has been retired and is no longer available. This was a side quest, so you can proceed normally on the mainline quest.
If they're retired, why do I still get a Tutorial Tip from Halston about it? It also just seems unnecessary to retire them if they were already optional. It added to the universe-building this game excels at.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2016
What a shame. The quest was already optional to begin with. Why the need to retire it completely?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Hi Sparck. I have a few questions on this.

1. By "This particular Celestia quest" does that mean "Swimming with the Stars"? There were also 'prequests' (three?) for that one Quest. Are they retired also?

For the Quest, Swimming with the Stars, I did have that Quest, unfinished, in my Quest Log file, but now it is gone.

I can see the sigils, but I cannot access the dungeon for the Spiral Geographic Warehouse.

Can you explain what is happening here:

2. Some Wizards can still access the Spiral Geographic Warehouse dungeon.

3. Other Wizards who had the Quest cannot access that dungeon now, and the Quest has been removed from their Quest Log file.

4 Will new Wizards be able to access that dungeon at all?

See this thread on the Wizard101 Central Forums for more details and screenshots: http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?511725-The-Strange-Frequencies-Quest-Has-Been-Retired

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
Sparck, pleaaase consider bringing this back! It's something that I hold dear to my heart because it was apart of the Celestia update so many years ago... just leave it how it was, an optional quest you could do.
That quest gave so much information about Morganthe as well. It's the first time we ever see the Shadow Weavers, or even hear Morganthe's name (even if it was only "Mor-".
I beg you to bring the dungeon back. The game won't feel the same without it! Even if you want to use that building in Marleybone for something else, at least move the dungeon to another location so we can go to it

Maybe you could place the dungeon in the storm school? Or storm tower? It could be attached to an item that leads you to a room with a sigil so you and your friends can enter it.