Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ironic Joke of a Tourney

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
So yesterday I've decided to try out tourney, since its been a while that i haven't done any. Anyway to make it brief
of my so called dilemma and curiosity of what max pvp has become. I took it upon my self as a lesson of flawless experience within an rng base meta to re-clarify myself on why i feel schools are doing too much damage.

My first match started of very bland for the excitement was there, but was simply demolished quickly by the phrase"You have been granted a bye" just because Diego couldn't place me in a match with 15 people. Ironic as that sound I registered for that said match(quick match) 48 minutes prior before it even started, but it happens so i was like whatever. Now my second match was getting ready to start, had my deck pimped out and ready to go, as one would say "ready to take on the world", boy oh boy was I wrong. I was face by a storm against my life he was first i was second. When the match began, he already started off with a shadow pip. As if things weren't bad enough already, to be placed second in a quick match with free damage boost per round with free pierce against a school that already excel at both.

Anyway the scenario played out exactly like this: Storm set shields for life using the death version dream shield -70%, meanwhile i was left with the option to either set shield or brace with a satyr in hand in case things goes hill pretty quickly. I chose to brace while discarding some cards enough for me to pull a stun block into a hit after. This is the part that made me feel really mixed with 5 different emotions at once , from fear to agony to confusion, distress and surprised to that fact that all he did was mantle me the next round -55% which made me fizzled on the stun block then he goes right for the myth stun. With all that into play i knew the moment of silence was upon me for in all the card that storm possesses at 130 is that one card that literately spells the word R.I.P in your head. End of that story, he scion me for 11,000 damage in just 4 rounds!

My third match was like my first only this time the person fled for whatever reason which gave me a free win.

My final match was the weirdest of the 3, not because it had people running off or any major op damage spike in between, but rather going first against fire I would of expected within the combination in the set up i had I would of at least have a chance to win. I knew I've forgotten something, something i rarely even forget to place inside even as tc version and that fire made me pay for it instantly. While i stun block the first round she went straight for the burning rampage, which i realized it did a little bit more damage on first impact than it usually does. So i knew i was in deep trouble especially realizing i couldn't even pull 1 shield out of 13 shield (5 tower/3 sets/5 tc tower) realizing this i don't know if it was just me giving up or just bewildered still by that op storm strategy i went for the Guardian spirit which 100% didn't made any sense at all at least i thought it would . I took 3.5 from ramp and she started to spam -55% shield enough for her to get a wide open ffa on me after i lemasu. By that time it was the end for me since it was quick match. A bye, a troll and 2 losses gg.