Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome Wizards! Please introduce yourself here

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 10, 2023
Greetings! I am 71 years old and am playing Wizards for the second time. First time round was at least a decade ago. I really enjoy playing. It is fun and relaxing (most of the time!). But right now I have two problems. I've searched extensively on both topics and it has not yielded answers for me. Most importantly, I would like to use the team up kiosk in Olde Town. But I can't plug in. How do I join a team in the making? It seems like I should be able to just click on the entry line for a specific quest. But that does not work. So how do I do it? My second question is about the various levels of free speech. I didn't even notice for a few weeks that I am not allowed to talk. There is a red line through the talk symbol! How did that come to be? I am mostly happy to play alone and I can imagine that most players are not interested in talking to someone my age. Can't blame them! By the way I made my hair white. It would be nice if there were others around too. Do you have any idea if there is an elderly population playing the game? I consider it healthy to keep mentally active. So anyway, how do I change my speech rights from that of a five year old? I went into my account but didn't see the solution. Please help me. My thanks in return. zaazee

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
zaazee on Apr 14, 2023 wrote:
Greetings! I am 71 years old and am playing Wizards for the second time. First time round was at least a decade ago. I really enjoy playing. It is fun and relaxing (most of the time!). But right now I have two problems. I've searched extensively on both topics and it has not yielded answers for me. Most importantly, I would like to use the team up kiosk in Olde Town. But I can't plug in. How do I join a team in the making? It seems like I should be able to just click on the entry line for a specific quest. But that does not work. So how do I do it? My second question is about the various levels of free speech. I didn't even notice for a few weeks that I am not allowed to talk. There is a red line through the talk symbol! How did that come to be? I am mostly happy to play alone and I can imagine that most players are not interested in talking to someone my age. Can't blame them! By the way I made my hair white. It would be nice if there were others around too. Do you have any idea if there is an elderly population playing the game? I consider it healthy to keep mentally active. So anyway, how do I change my speech rights from that of a five year old? I went into my account but didn't see the solution. Please help me. My thanks in return. zaazee
Hey there welcome back! As for the Team up kiosk, you can go right to it and try and find someone that is doing the dungeon you need help with, or just simple go to the sigil you want to have "team up" and there is a little button before you "press x to enter" that allows you to create your own team up for people to join.

Next, for you account having limited access to text, it is strange you're getting that, by now you should have "open chat" which gives you slightly more freedom when it comes to speech. Reach out to our customer support, and they may be able to help. Their email is support@kingsisle.com!

Hope this helped!

Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
Sparck on Jul 26, 2018 wrote:
Welcome Wizards! Introduce yourself here to the Spiral.
Hey I am new to the forum. This is my first post!

Administrator
Sophia PeaceSword on Oct 20, 2023 wrote:
Hey I am new to the forum. This is my first post!
Welcome to the forums!

Survivor
Nov 01, 2013
Welp, it looks like I didn't even see this post when I was first introducing myself. Might as well give this a go.

My main Wizard is Morgan Storm, a Diviner. Because she is Level 45 and I can't change her name yet, she still has the name I am going to give to my Pyromancer, Fiona IronFlame. (I apologize for the confusion. XD) As some other people in the beginning of this post shared their extremely creative backstories, I will endeavor to share Morgan's backstory as well. After all, where did the Spiral's creativity and imagination go? We must bring it back!

~~~

Morgan was born in Wizard City, living the Wizard way of life even though it differed in many ways from her logical and pragmatic nature. She always had a knack for figuring things out, and whenever someone magicked away an item or lost their wand, Morgan was always the one that her fellow students begged to find it again. She has an innate disgust of the Myth School for their imagination and (in her opinion) lack of reality; thus, the Storm School and its scientific ways called to her very core. But when Headmaster Ambrose sent her on an assignment to Marleybone to learn in an internship under Sherlock Bones, the desire to be a detective triumphed above all else—even over Magic. She arrived back in Wizard City with a renewed passion and desire, excited to start experimenting with the combination of logic and Magic.

Now, years later, you may hear rumors of a Wizard Detective somewhere around the Spiral, solving crimes and ridding the world of evil one Storm Spell at a time. And if you ever hear the crash of thunder near a crime scene, you may rest assured that Morgan Storm is on the case.

~~~

I also have Cheyenne LightSong (Theurgist ), and am planning on filling out my roster with the rest of the Schools save for Balance: Deirdre BattleBlade (Necromancer ), Sierra WinterStone (Thaumaturge ), and Iridian Sky (Conjurer ).

Administrator
Helpful Aurora Par... on Oct 20, 2023 wrote:
Welp, it looks like I didn't even see this post when I was first introducing myself. Might as well give this a go.

My main Wizard is Morgan Storm, a Diviner. Because she is Level 45 and I can't change her name yet, she still has the name I am going to give to my Pyromancer, Fiona IronFlame. (I apologize for the confusion. XD) As some other people in the beginning of this post shared their extremely creative backstories, I will endeavor to share Morgan's backstory as well. After all, where did the Spiral's creativity and imagination go? We must bring it back!

~~~

Morgan was born in Wizard City, living the Wizard way of life even though it differed in many ways from her logical and pragmatic nature. She always had a knack for figuring things out, and whenever someone magicked away an item or lost their wand, Morgan was always the one that her fellow students begged to find it again. She has an innate disgust of the Myth School for their imagination and (in her opinion) lack of reality; thus, the Storm School and its scientific ways called to her very core. But when Headmaster Ambrose sent her on an assignment to Marleybone to learn in an internship under Sherlock Bones, the desire to be a detective triumphed above all else—even over Magic. She arrived back in Wizard City with a renewed passion and desire, excited to start experimenting with the combination of logic and Magic.

Now, years later, you may hear rumors of a Wizard Detective somewhere around the Spiral, solving crimes and ridding the world of evil one Storm Spell at a time. And if you ever hear the crash of thunder near a crime scene, you may rest assured that Morgan Storm is on the case.

~~~

I also have Cheyenne LightSong (Theurgist ), and am planning on filling out my roster with the rest of the Schools save for Balance: Deirdre BattleBlade (Necromancer ), Sierra WinterStone (Thaumaturge ), and Iridian Sky (Conjurer ).
And a great giving it a go you did too, thank you Helpful Aurora Parker for joining us in the forums!

Survivor
Nov 01, 2013
Sparck on Oct 20, 2023 wrote:
And a great giving it a go you did too, thank you Helpful Aurora Parker for joining us in the forums!
Aww, thank you so much! I greatly appreciate the compliment and am always happy to write my way through the Spiral, hehe.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
Hi,

Im new to these boards, although not the game. I was originally on the UK servers with GF and I actually used to be a Moderator for the forums - called Iridian. Ive been away from the game for about 10 years now, and really sad to have lost my main UK account characters when GF merged. I had Level 80 Storm and Death characters and 70 Fire with awesome stats and pets.

Luckily I had a US account to try and get ahead on new releases as they were released here before UK so we were encouraged to get ahead of the game so we could answer questions when the features went live in the UK. So I do have 2 accounts with level 50-70 characters on a Storm and Fire among them thankfully. I love my storm wizard!

My pets and clothing isnt as good as it was on my UK as most of my time was building a strong character there for helping young wizards and setting role models for aspiring wizards to reach. And it seems so much work to get my wizards here where they should be, so much has been added and improved in 10 years lol - it took me an hour to remember how to talk in the chat not pre-written text :)

So im wondering if I should start fresh with a baby wizard and go through all the story incorporating the new features rather than try and find what i might have missed as well as improve stats and pets which are behind for the level of wizard; which would also jog my memory for the game overall. Or do I not need to know EVERYTHING thats come out. I was never into PvP and the thought of doing marlybourne again kills me lol, my storm guy is in Zafiria which had just been released as I stopped playing. oh also the Storm Character wasnt built by me, i made a child account for a friend I played with from Europe; he had got much further along thank goodness as when I realised I lost my main account I was devastated, as I know I built a fire character here but storm was my favourite, and he had a storm in about the same place, just not as fine tuned with clothing and other boosts but spells up to Siren, and astral spells and polymorphs, and I can work on the boosts.

So should I work on the character I have do all the side quests i can find then move on to the main quests. Can anyone advise what I should focus on ? The amulets etc can have gems added to improve them thats new and there are the 'fun' spells im to go to pigswick to learn about and there seems to be other spells I need to create myself, and Im not sure whats important to advance and what isnt - I had a wizard help me who started with fire dragon every time which is 7 pips i think which was not possible when I played last, anyone been around a while and can advise on whats important and makes a big difference please???

Would be interested to hear any opinions on what to do - and apologise for the english spelling :D :D

Survivor
Jun 07, 2015
cbabycee88 on Nov 18, 2023 wrote:
Hi,

Im new to these boards, although not the game. I was originally on the UK servers with GF and I actually used to be a Moderator for the forums - called Iridian. Ive been away from the game for about 10 years now, and really sad to have lost my main UK account characters when GF merged. I had Level 80 Storm and Death characters and 70 Fire with awesome stats and pets.

Luckily I had a US account to try and get ahead on new releases as they were released here before UK so we were encouraged to get ahead of the game so we could answer questions when the features went live in the UK. So I do have 2 accounts with level 50-70 characters on a Storm and Fire among them thankfully. I love my storm wizard!

My pets and clothing isnt as good as it was on my UK as most of my time was building a strong character there for helping young wizards and setting role models for aspiring wizards to reach. And it seems so much work to get my wizards here where they should be, so much has been added and improved in 10 years lol - it took me an hour to remember how to talk in the chat not pre-written text :)

So im wondering if I should start fresh with a baby wizard and go through all the story incorporating the new features rather than try and find what i might have missed as well as improve stats and pets which are behind for the level of wizard; which would also jog my memory for the game overall. Or do I not need to know EVERYTHING thats come out. I was never into PvP and the thought of doing marlybourne again kills me lol, my storm guy is in Zafiria which had just been released as I stopped playing. oh also the Storm Character wasnt built by me, i made a child account for a friend I played with from Europe; he had got much further along thank goodness as when I realised I lost my main account I was devastated, as I know I built a fire character here but storm was my favourite, and he had a storm in about the same place, just not as fine tuned with clothing and other boosts but spells up to Siren, and astral spells and polymorphs, and I can work on the boosts.

So should I work on the character I have do all the side quests i can find then move on to the main quests. Can anyone advise what I should focus on ? The amulets etc can have gems added to improve them thats new and there are the 'fun' spells im to go to pigswick to learn about and there seems to be other spells I need to create myself, and Im not sure whats important to advance and what isnt - I had a wizard help me who started with fire dragon every time which is 7 pips i think which was not possible when I played last, anyone been around a while and can advise on whats important and makes a big difference please???

Would be interested to hear any opinions on what to do - and apologise for the english spelling :D :D
Welcome back to the game!!

If you’ve been away for a while, and in your case, a VERY long time, I would definitely start fresh on a baby wizard. It’ll be easier for you when new mechanics of the games come up in the worlds, and you aren’t expected to figure it out on a previously existing character.

The newest mechanic that you’ll encounter at your level will be shadow spells and shadow pips once you reach Khrysalis around level 90.

Some basic tips for you if you decide to quest through on a new wizard:
bazaar gear will be just fine up to lvl 30. After that, go through Aquila’s lvl 30 dungeon for the Sky Iron Hasta wand. It’ll carry you all the way to level 90 at the very least!

You can get away with using bazaar gear (hat, robes, boots) until you’re able to farm waterworks, but definitely grab the wand from aquilas dungeon.

Once you hit lvl 60, make sure to farm Waterworks in Crab Alley in Triton Avenue! It’ll likely replace the gear you get from Aquila (if you chose to farm it for its gear.) Waterworks gear can take you up to about lvl 90-100 before becoming obsolete to Darkmoor.

If I missed anything, please add on or correct me if I got something wrong- and I hope you enjoy playing again for the first time in a while

~~~
Mariah LotusWhisper (Lvl 93 Theurgist )
Lvl 43 Thaumaturgist
Lvl 35 Pyromancer