Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tourney suggestions?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
I'm not sure if this is where I can suggest something, but I'm going to anyways. I'm sure EVERYONE can agree that the deck setting for tournaments is getting really annoying . If kings isle can somehow erase the visibility to others teams of what the team names are and who is on what team that would be great.. People set like crazy and it ruins the fun of the entire tournament. Or at least someone make the said individual not be able to change their main deck before agreeing to do the tournament. I'm not trying to whine, but it just seems team after team or the same team for instance keeps getting first because of setting decks.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2013
I couldn't agree with you more. I have lost several tourneys because people actually changed their gear, pets, and decks so it would give them an advantage against me. I think KI should implement the following changes:

• Prohibit a player from changing their gear and/or pets during a tourney. This will prevent players from increasing their resist to become immune to a certain school they will face next.
  • Mask the identity of teams so nobody knows who they will face next. I know it will be obvious towards the final round who will be facing each other for 1st but they can make changes to fix that.
  • Prohibit people from watching tournaments. Yes I know this will impact people watching their friends, but allowing an audience allows people to abuse this privilege. A portion of the PVP community have created secondary accounts to use during PVP. They use this secondary accounts to either watch matches to get the upper hand on their next opponent or trash talk. If people can't watch your matches, then they will have no idea what strategies your team uses or what school you or your teammate are.
I don't know if KI will be able to do anything regarding deck setup. I know I have changed my deck to either remove useless spells I put in or to add certain spells that I may be lacking. I don't think there is a fix all solution regarding tournaments, but there are certainly things that can be changed to make them fair.