Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What do we know about Mirage?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Almost undeniably the world following Polaris, but what do we really know about it? Well we've met 3 people from there, that I know of at least. Nalia Dunestrider in Wysteria, her cousin Elia Dunerunner in the Spiral Cup Gauntlet, and Qismah Shasa in the Arcanum. Elia says the least, and in fact nothing of Mirage aside from 'My cousin, Nalia Dunestrider, enticed me to come here with her stories of grand adventure. So far I'm not impressed compared to the splendour of my home, Mirage.'. Which doesn't help us much, but the fact she's a student of Earth (not Life, she says 'Are you ready to reckon with the power of Earth?', and mostly heals), and is involved in the Spiral Cup - a competition between magical schools - tells us that there is a school for magic in Mirage that teaches at least Earth. But much like the schools from Mooshu & Avalon/Weirwood that competed against us, we might not see or hear of it in Mirage.

Now onto her cousin; Nalia Dunestrider. She mentions Mirage twice in the quests we talk to her. Firstly in 'Bunking With the Enemy' where she says 'I come from a place called Mirage. I am unsurprised you have never heard of my world... It is a subtle place, and oasis in a desert of mystery.'. This lets us know that Mirage is situated in a desert, and is almost never contacted by other worlds for some reason. This especially fits because we've only met a few people from here. The other time she mentions it is in 'Second Chants' when she says 'My world of Mirage has few plants, and I wanted to see Tanglewood Way.'. So Mirage is in the desert, away from other worlds, with few plants, and a school that teaches Earth and Ice/Frost (Nalia uses Ice magic and interestingly dispels).

Lastly, we learn much from Qismah. Firstly, a wall of terms in her introduction 'It is a privilege to meet you, Initiate. I am Qismah Shasa, Emira of Parajj and Liwan of the Silent Sabers. You may simply call me Qismah.'. Emira means commander, general, or princess; which shows she comes from nobility and power from somewhere in Mirage called Parajj. Now, Parajj could mean many things. Paraj is Hungarian for spinach. Paraja is Albanian for money. Paraje is Spanish for place. In my opinion, I think Parajj is going to be a place of money, a rich city in Mirage where Qismah's family are either rulers or aristocrats there. A Liwan is an opening room in Levantine homes, and I couldn't find a deeper meaning for Silent Sabers. But personally, I think she has or had some form of job initiating people into a group or institution called the Silent Sabers. Now this could be an army, a secret fighting group, or possibly even the mysterious school Nalia and Elia go to.

Now she says a lot more later on, but I'm out of room, and I'd like to hear some feedback on my thoughts. And I'd love to hear your own thoughts too. Did I miss a fourth character from Mirage? Or perhaps I missed something key about Nalia or Elia. Feel free to add your own thoughts and help on this topic.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2015
Mirage was actually very very recently (a few hours ago) officially announced. It will be the second world of the third arc, and it is a desert world similar to krokotopia. Go to the main W101 page and click around a bit, you'll see the announcement

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Qismah means good fortune. Shasa means precious water.
Just to expand on your thinking. Liwan of the Silent Sabers I would read as portal or open doorway. As a title it may have the same sort of meaning as Gatekeeper or something. Being death, it sounds a bit like some sort of assassin's guild or something.

Delver
May 12, 2012
You may have mentioned this a bit, but I'd like to go a little farther.

By the recent picture shown (has a floating skull, genie, etc, found on W101 webpage and many fansites I first saw it on Around the Spiral) I think that somehow Aladdin could be tied into it, or Nalia could too. Maybe while questing there we go back to Nalia or Qismah and they tell us more.

Just some thoughts :) I really hope genies are in it.

Allison Dragongem