Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard Launcher not closing automatically.

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 02, 2009
Whenever I try to close the game client (either by the DC message or manually) it fails to close by itself, requiring me to close it via Task Manager. This has been going on for a while now, but if this bug could be fixed, that would be great, thanks.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2013
flash33 on Sep 7, 2016 wrote:
Whenever I try to close the game client (either by the DC message or manually) it fails to close by itself, requiring me to close it via Task Manager. This has been going on for a while now, but if this bug could be fixed, that would be great, thanks.
I assumed this was my computer; I never thought anyone else had this issue as well. I have had to shut down the game client many times by using the task manager.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
flash33 on Sep 7, 2016 wrote:
I thought this was just an error with my computer too. Whenever I exit out of Wiz, I always have to check my Task Manager to make sure the game really did shut down.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
FusionSun on Sep 7, 2016 wrote:
I thought this was just an error with my computer too. Whenever I exit out of Wiz, I always have to check my Task Manager to make sure the game really did shut down.
Same here. I've caught some game components running in the background many times, now.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
When I've been AFK for too long it says that I've been kicked for being away for too long, which is of course normal. But if I hit the "Quit" key in game the game refuses to close and after that the red X becomes unusable too. I have to shut it down with task manager.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Thank you all for your reports. We're taking a look at it.

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
(Taking the glitch into further details.) Sometimes, when I close my Wizard101 tab, it sits there without closing. I have to go to task manager and turn it off. And usually that works after a while. But, there is other times when I want to turn Wizard101 off, it flashes a white screen. Nothing loads up, not even Task Manager. My only choice is to reset my computer. So annoying! -.-

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
There are also times when I close the game and the game window closes just fine however when I look in task manager (task manager set to show more details) I see the wizard101 game is still running even though Its not on the screen or anywhere else.. Its just running. Even after the last maintenance It is still doing this. It happens on an off. I tried Opening an closing w101 an several other tests to see if I can replicate it, if I can Ill email support again.

Hero
May 02, 2009
I'm sorry but I'm still having this issue today. I still have to go into the Task Manager just to close it when I honestly shouldn't have to do so.