Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical AOE heals

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2010
when I critical unicorn sometimes it’s critical heals one wizard but not the other, or two out of three, or even none of the wizards in battle when it says it’s a critical. Can you explain why that’s happening?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Darkice4424 on Nov 23, 2021 wrote:
when I critical unicorn sometimes it’s critical heals one wizard but not the other, or two out of three, or even none of the wizards in battle when it says it’s a critical. Can you explain why that’s happening?
how do you know it's not critical healing everyone? just because the amount you heal on each is different means nothing. some might have more incoming boosts on their gear than others do.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
AOE's (both heals and damage spells) now calculate each "hit" as a separate instance. So if you have a 70% chance to crit then you have 70% chance on each individual enemy. Your chance to hit a critical on all four would be .7 X.7 X.7 X.7 or .24. If you critical on any of the targets you will show the Critical animation. Sadly and much to my and many other players shigrin, it therefore looks like your criticals are being blocked. There was some indication that they may add a visual to let you know what's happening, but currently as it stands it is "working as intended." Even though, it does seem like a bug, they are labeling it as a feature. Hope that helps!