Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Keymapping Change Interface

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2014
In 2014, Greyrose said there were no plans to introduce an interface to remap keys in game. I'd simply like to ask again.

Many MMORPGs (and many games in general) have an in-game keymapping interface to change important keybinds such as the movement keys or inventory keys like the backpack and spellbook in Wizard101. Many older MMORPG revivals (that are as old as wizard101 if not older, such as revival games ToonTown Rewritten/Corporate Clash and City of Heroes: Homecoming) that have fully functional and updated keymapping interfaces, some of which were not even present in the original games.

In 2014 we were vaguely told that it is possible to change keymappings by editing a file, but editing that file goes against the terms of service. Obviously this isn't a satisfying answer to what would seemingly be an easy addition.

This is something that keeps me from coming back to Wizard101, as I have hardware issues that don't cause my PC to need replacing, but makes it impossible to play Wizard101 efficiently.