Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Visible ring/athame/necklace models on our Characters

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 21, 2009
I've had this idea for years...and thought, why not just post about it? To improve our character appearance; allow the athame, necklace, and ring models appear on our characters. All could be stitchable to the appearance of your choice! I see it as a win-win... KI receives more crowns traffic from stitching, and we get to improve our character models.

If you're unable to stitch due to lack of funding, and really dislike your current setup; program a toggleable option within gameplay settings to turn off visible 'additional' gear.

Just a penny for anyone's thoughts.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2013
I agree that it would be cool but also think of the coding and work Kingsisle would have to do. I would also like to be able to stitch mounts but I think there would be a lot of work for KI and it might not be worth the time to make it for the money they get. Also people can stitch one thing just by doing a days worth of quizzes. Hope this helped.

Explorer
Mar 25, 2021
Jason Cloud on Apr 28, 2021 wrote:
I've had this idea for years...and thought, why not just post about it? To improve our character appearance; allow the athame, necklace, and ring models appear on our characters. All could be stitchable to the appearance of your choice! I see it as a win-win... KI receives more crowns traffic from stitching, and we get to improve our character models.

If you're unable to stitch due to lack of funding, and really dislike your current setup; program a toggleable option within gameplay settings to turn off visible 'additional' gear.

Just a penny for anyone's thoughts.
thats always bugged me tbh, kingsisle puts effort into making unique models for each of these items and the only time they get used is when you preview your gear loadout from your bag

Survivor
Dec 14, 2019
I agree, this has irked me for quite some time! Some of the athames, rings, and amulets are really cool and unique-looking yet we've only ever been able to see them in previews. Why put all that effort into making an entire 3d model if we can only look at it in our backpacks?

Explorer
May 13, 2018
I have always wondered why they were never visible... I remember being 10-11 and trying to figure out why I couldn't find them on my Wizard. xDD

Survivor
Dec 26, 2013
Oh about mount stitching a thing that I plan on using once I am max and with a ghulture is using equipment sets with the same gear but different mounts. This way I can wear my good looking mount (Celestial Carpet, btw does anyone still have it?) and then when I am going into a dungeon or a fight I can switch to my ghulture set such using the method of Ctrl and whatever number in line my equipment set is at the same time (example Ctrl 4.) hope this made sense and helped anyone who wanted to stitch mounts but realized they can't. In my opinion this is the next best thing. Have a great day!