Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Infinite Loading Screens

AuthorMessage
Squire
Oct 29, 2011
This game is pretty much unplayable because every ten minutes I am stuck on a loading screen until I force close the game. This started happening since I started playing during the free member period. I guess there is not much point in even having the free membership if you can't even play during it.

Administrator
frostednutella on Dec 13, 2020 wrote:
This game is pretty much unplayable because every ten minutes I am stuck on a loading screen until I force close the game. This started happening since I started playing during the free member period. I guess there is not much point in even having the free membership if you can't even play during it.
Hi frostednutella,

Sorry to hear about the screen loading issue. This only happened during the membership period? It 'might' be due to so many things loading that are now available.

Has the issue since cleared up?

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Sparck on Dec 14, 2020 wrote:
Hi frostednutella,

Sorry to hear about the screen loading issue. This only happened during the membership period? It 'might' be due to so many things loading that are now available.

Hey, so it has happened once or twice since then but those times were likely due to my computer. I think it happens less during times when fewer people are online. At the time I had been running multiple accounts which could have played a part in the problem but this was the first time it happened so much.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Sparck on Dec 14, 2020 wrote:
Hi frostednutella,

Hi Sparck, this glitch has been going on for actually a pretty long time, since January 2020 as far as I can remember. What happens is that essentially your game is stuck behind a loading screen, but when you press CTRL+G to turn off screen icons, you can see that your wizard has actually loaded into the area but cannot move, only spin around similar to if you went into a dance game and hit CTRL+G.

I think the issue might be multiple loading screens happening at once, with the second loading screen taking much longer than the "real" loading screen for some reason.

The birth of the glitch might have been when multiple loading screen designs were added aside from the basic fire wizard vs ice wizard loading screen we originally had.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
PvP King on Dec 17, 2020 wrote:
Hi Sparck, this glitch has been going on for actually a pretty long time, since January 2020 as far as I can remember. What happens is that essentially your game is stuck behind a loading screen, but when you press CTRL+G to turn off screen icons, you can see that your wizard has actually loaded into the area but cannot move, only spin around similar to if you went into a dance game and hit CTRL+G.

I think the issue might be multiple loading screens happening at once, with the second loading screen taking much longer than the "real" loading screen for some reason.

The birth of the glitch might have been when multiple loading screen designs were added aside from the basic fire wizard vs ice wizard loading screen we originally had.
This is interesting because I've noticed that there are two types of infinite loading screens. The one you mention about not being able to move happens less frequently to me. I noticed that sometimes it can be fixed by just exiting to the character screen. The one that happens more often to me is where your character is pretty much not online anymore and appears offline to friends. At that point I just have to force close my game deal with the wait time to log back in.