Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please return the coconut halves mount to the game

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I happen to have been playing w101 in April 2014 when the coconut halves mount came out. At the time my highest level wizard was in Zapharia, and when I progressed to Avalon and started seeing all the Monty Python jokes I decided I had to have one, reluctantly pulled out my debit card and opened up the crown shop.

Only to find the thing was GONE. The whole thing had been an April fools joke, it was in the crown shop less than a week. I have never, in all my years of playing KingsIsle games, been more disappointed at a missed opportunity to fork over some hard earned cash to KI.

Avalon is chock full of Monty Python jokes, could you make an old fan happy and just return one more? Surely it couldn't cost much to just put the thing back in the crown shop, you've already worked out the art and all. And maybe give the Avalon version of Zeke an option to sell a one-day version.

Explorer
Apr 15, 2017
It returns on april fools usually

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
KKingler on Dec 8, 2020 wrote:
It returns on april fools usually
Thanks for that info. I am probably more patient than most people, but the thought of waiting four months to get one just about makes me weep.

Sigh. And since I made the original post in this thread I ran across somebody riding a beautiful green dragon with brown trim, huge and striking and in perfect life colors. I have struggled SO hard trying to find a good mount for my life wizard. They're apparently called Maloriann dragons and I'm told the things usually appear for sale on Saint Patricks's day. Oh Lord. give me strength, for I don't WANT to be that patient.

Kudos to KingsIsle for coming up with such clever ways to convince old players to keep coming back after long timespans of months. Except I really don't mean kudos, I want the person or people who dreamed up this torture to ... , I mean to ... -- well I guess I just can't say what I REALLY want them to do, this is a moderated forum in a kid's game, after all

Survivor
Aug 02, 2014
The Mighty Steed is an April Fools mount- it should return to the crown shop in April of 2021. This past year it was in an item bundle, so be aware you might need to spend more than its initial price if they combo it with a Mega Snack Pack or another April Fools mount.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
DanTheTerrible on Dec 9, 2020 wrote:
Thanks for that info. I am probably more patient than most people, but the thought of waiting four months to get one just about makes me weep.

Sigh. And since I made the original post in this thread I ran across somebody riding a beautiful green dragon with brown trim, huge and striking and in perfect life colors. I have struggled SO hard trying to find a good mount for my life wizard. They're apparently called Maloriann dragons and I'm told the things usually appear for sale on Saint Patricks's day. Oh Lord. give me strength, for I don't WANT to be that patient.

Kudos to KingsIsle for coming up with such clever ways to convince old players to keep coming back after long timespans of months. Except I really don't mean kudos, I want the person or people who dreamed up this torture to ... , I mean to ... -- well I guess I just can't say what I REALLY want them to do, this is a moderated forum in a kid's game, after all
There are always seasonal items rotating in the crown shop. Birthday, Christmas,April Fool's, etc. So wait and while you wait; Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
anecorbie on Dec 16, 2020 wrote:
There are always seasonal items rotating in the crown shop. Birthday, Christmas,April Fool's, etc. So wait and while you wait; Always Look on the Bright Side of Life
When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, give a whistle!
And this'll help things turn out for the best ...