Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Thanksgiving Mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
I think that a Turkey mount would be awesome for Thanksgiving and a Indian War Pony mount too.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
I think a turkey could be really cool!

I'd be a bit more careful about an "indian war pony," though. While directly profiting off of tribal culture is one can of worms, tying it into Thanksgiving specifically brings up another issue. Some indigenous populations use Thanksgiving as a way to celebrate family, and it ties in with the harvest festivals that traditionally took place around this time.

On the other hand, a portion of indigenous people entirely reject Thanksgiving. The day's celebrations are largely based around the idea of settlers arriving in America, which led to wars, illnesses that wiped out whole tribes, and eventually the vast majority of land and tribal culture being ripped away from the original inhabitants of America. Not gonna lie, the headdress that is currently in the game is kind of unfortunate in my eyes. Not going to say it has to be removed or anything, but I think that future additions should be thought through very carefully.