Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unable to reach Customer Support

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 14, 2015
Oh dear. It looks like Customer Support has been flooded with a 50-ton pile of emails as of late, because neither me or my friends can reach them right now. I myself sent out a ticket on September 4th asking about something involving my birthday that occured on the 12th, and a friend of mine reached out to Support on the 6th because a hacker had tampered with her pet, but neither of us have heard back from Support. It's been 3 weeks now and still not a peep. It looks like Support isn't going to get back to us at all.

Is there any other way we can get help with our problems? I have my doubts about contacting Support again, since the wait times are so long.

Administrator
Scot S on Sep 28, 2020 wrote:
Oh dear. It looks like Customer Support has been flooded with a 50-ton pile of emails as of late, because neither me or my friends can reach them right now. I myself sent out a ticket on September 4th asking about something involving my birthday that occured on the 12th, and a friend of mine reached out to Support on the 6th because a hacker had tampered with her pet, but neither of us have heard back from Support. It's been 3 weeks now and still not a peep. It looks like Support isn't going to get back to us at all.

Is there any other way we can get help with our problems? I have my doubts about contacting Support again, since the wait times are so long.
Hi Scot! Our apologies for taking so long to get back to you about your account need. Rest assured, if you contacted us and all received a support ticket # in return, we will get back to you.

If you did not receive a support ticket (including it not being in your Spam folder), please try emailing us directly from another domain, such as using gmail instead of yahoo. On rare occasions the emails won't reach us for this reason.

While you wait for a response, please let us know how else we can help you!

Survivor
May 14, 2015
Sparck on Sep 30, 2020 wrote:
Hi Scot! Our apologies for taking so long to get back to you about your account need. Rest assured, if you contacted us and all received a support ticket # in return, we will get back to you.

If you did not receive a support ticket (including it not being in your Spam folder), please try emailing us directly from another domain, such as using gmail instead of yahoo. On rare occasions the emails won't reach us for this reason.

While you wait for a response, please let us know how else we can help you!
Well, I had contacted Support asking if a special code for 250 or so Crowns could be added in for my 25th birthday ( and also the 11th anniversary of when I first started playing this game ), which I was going to share on Twitch and whatnot so others could get in on the birthday celebration. But of course, because of Support's lousy response time, that plan ended up falling flat.

I believe my friend has finally heard back about what went wrong with her pet ( which to me, considering it's been over 3 weeks since she sent that ticket in, feels like closing the gate to the pasture long after the cows have run away ), so hopefully she's getting that straightened out.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Scot S on Oct 1, 2020 wrote:
Well, I had contacted Support asking if a special code for 250 or so Crowns could be added in for my 25th birthday ( and also the 11th anniversary of when I first started playing this game ), which I was going to share on Twitch and whatnot so others could get in on the birthday celebration. But of course, because of Support's lousy response time, that plan ended up falling flat.

I believe my friend has finally heard back about what went wrong with her pet ( which to me, considering it's been over 3 weeks since she sent that ticket in, feels like closing the gate to the pasture long after the cows have run away ), so hopefully she's getting that straightened out.
I understand your frustration. I sent in a report about a massive exploit in the game back in July during Summer Test Realm. I did get a response but they said that they would "investigate further." In early September, I sent in another way to do exploit and mentioned how the original way to do the exploit was still in the game. They said that one way I could get the exploit fixed faster would be to tweet at Wizard101Devs on Twitter. However, if I did that, I could be banned since I would then be leaking the exploit. The other way they mentioned was by adding it to Spark's list on the message boards. However, that could have the same outcome of me being possibly banned. I actually already tried posting on the message boards back in early Summer Test Realm with videos showing the glitch used in PvP (in Test Realm and I let the other wizard win) and it got rejected. So, I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point. I'm even nervous I might be randomly banned some day because of the exploit.

To let you understand what the exploit does in the vaguest way possible, it messes with spell damage values. It gives a wizard in PvE and especially PvP a huge unfair advantage. The exploit isn't that tough to pull off either. It just requires a little set up that can be done outside of fights.

Survivor
May 14, 2015
stevp on Oct 3, 2020 wrote:
I understand your frustration. I sent in a report about a massive exploit in the game back in July during Summer Test Realm. I did get a response but they said that they would "investigate further." In early September, I sent in another way to do exploit and mentioned how the original way to do the exploit was still in the game. They said that one way I could get the exploit fixed faster would be to tweet at Wizard101Devs on Twitter. However, if I did that, I could be banned since I would then be leaking the exploit. The other way they mentioned was by adding it to Spark's list on the message boards. However, that could have the same outcome of me being possibly banned. I actually already tried posting on the message boards back in early Summer Test Realm with videos showing the glitch used in PvP (in Test Realm and I let the other wizard win) and it got rejected. So, I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point. I'm even nervous I might be randomly banned some day because of the exploit.

To let you understand what the exploit does in the vaguest way possible, it messes with spell damage values. It gives a wizard in PvE and especially PvP a huge unfair advantage. The exploit isn't that tough to pull off either. It just requires a little set up that can be done outside of fights.
Yeah, I can personally understand why exploits like that need to be dealt with. And frankly, I always, ALWAYS alert the devs whenever I find an exploit that needs to be fixed, because exploits that bad can break the entire game apart.

I remember about a year ago when I found an exploit in the game that was pretty bad, but it had so many steps to reproduce it, explaining it accurately would have been a nightmare, so I figured a better solution to the problem was this:

1. Record a video of the exploit being triggered, step-by-step ( make sure to delete whatever it gives you after your done )
  2. Put it up on YouTube as "UNLISTED" ( people MUST have a link to the video in order to see it )
  3. Send the video link to Support and explain the situation
When they can see exactly how the exploit is triggered, it gives them plenty of ammunition to tackle the problem directly, and minimizes time wasted trying to figure out how to trigger it. Truth be told, a lot of things are easier to do if your able to SEE how it's caused, instead of reading about it in a giant wall of text. "Show, don't tell", as they say.

Of course, when a situation REQUIRES me to mention said exploit in public where others may see it, I almost ALWAYS attach a note saying: "Exploits are bad, kids. Don't use them if you don't want to get banned! It's better you report it to Customer Support immediately so they can fix it!"

Also, exploits in Test Realm are usually exempt from this rule because it's expected that they'll be some unforeseen glitches in Test Realm that may trigger some... undesirable results. But that's why Test Realm exists, so we can identify and squash out these bugs before they infest the Live Realm. But of course, there is always that one little glitch that manages to slip through the cracks.