Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quality of Life Update for older Area of Effect spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 04, 2008
Just like the title says. A lot of the original AOE spells have animations that take up way too much time (Looking at you Humongo Frog and Frost Giant). Newer AOE spells have the luxury of having one attack animation that hits all, cutting the casting time in half. Please consider doing this for older AOE hits and for all AOE hits going forward. It would be a wonderful quality of life update for all players. Thanks.

Explorer
May 07, 2010
i agree with you that many older AOEs and even some single hits are quite long. i do think there are rare times where an AOE hitting enemies one-at-a-time works fine & makes more sense (ie. meteor strike) as long as the hits are fast enough.

i think fire dragon is good measurement for the absolute longest an AOE should ever be. even then, fire dragon is one of many AOEs that can be easily changed to hit everyone at once (ie. simply have the fire breath fan out as it hits the ground).

i hope the devs consider your idea. would love to see AOEs adjusted as the older spells get revamped

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Definitely agree!

All AoE Spells should hit the enemies all at once, or at least the ones with the extremely long durations. Such spells needing immediate attention are:

Ra
Forest Lord
Fire Dragon
Rebirth (Implement a tactic similar to Pigsie)
Deer Knight
Scarecrow (Implement a tactic similar to Lulu)
Snow Angel

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Each piece should happen to all targets it effects at the same time; they should hit at the same time, heal at the same time, blade at the same time, shield at the same time, tgrap at the same time, weakness at the same time, etc.

The game is mired in slow points for no reason, and this would help speed it up.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Star Edward on Sep 23, 2020 wrote:
Definitely agree!

All AoE Spells should hit the enemies all at once, or at least the ones with the extremely long durations. Such spells needing immediate attention are:

Ra
Forest Lord
Fire Dragon
Rebirth (Implement a tactic similar to Pigsie)
Deer Knight
Scarecrow (Implement a tactic similar to Lulu)
Snow Angel

I agree with everything on that list except Fire Dragon and Scarecrow. Both of those spells don't take nearly as long compared to the rest of the list.

However, I do think that Fire Dragon should look more like the spell looked like on the old ads for Wizard101 and Scarecrow should get some art changes to the scarecrow to make it stand out a bit more.