Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

High ranked houses not appearing in top rated overall in castle tours

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Today I noticed that there were castles that don't appear in top rated overall despite their ranking within their individual categories indicating that they should. I found out about this when I saw that my storm house was 72nd overall and 30th magical today. I compared where houses near it in top magical were in top rated overall and found that the house ranked 31st in magical was 73rd overall, and the house ranked 33rd in magical was 74th overall. The problem is that this leaves out the 32nd ranked house in top magical, a Midday Estate from Daniel Sunsword. Looking through top rated overall, this house is nowhere to be found. In addition, I learned from Daniel that it also only has it as 32nd magical for him, so the issue isn't something isolated to my account, and is likely the same for everyone. I found multiple other houses in top magical that were in the same situation, the highest of which was I believe the 19th ranked house in magical. I do not believe the issue is only happening with the magical category either as the lowest ranked house in top rated overall was the 75th ranked house in top decorated despite there being less than 75 decorated houses in top rated overall.
I believe that this issue affected my storm house prior to today, as it only got to top rated overall today, but its place in top magical did not change as far as I know. While it did gain one view (18 views yesterday and 19 views today), I can rule out a required view threshold as being the cause since on my other character my Heavenly palace, which is the one ranked 33rd in magical and 74th overall, has only 16 views. That being said, the views my storm house had were similar to the number of views Daniel's midday estate has, which is 17, so I can't rule out the numbers 17 and 18 simply being cursed. Another similarity between Daniel's Midday Estate and my Storm House is the number of days they have left on tour, with his having four days left and mine having three days left. I imagine these similarities are just coincidental, but without information from a larger sample size, it's all I have to go off of. I would also like to rule out the culprit being a case of houses being ranked differently for top rated overall, as from what I can tell, the missing houses are missing completely from top rated overall, whereas I'd expect them to just be out of order if it was a matter of different rating systems.

tldr: Some houses are missing from top rated overall despite being ranked above top rated houses in their individual categories that are present in top rated overall.