Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Backing up local files for the game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2009
Hi,
I realize this is a technical question but after the past couple of weeks of computer disasters, I have to ask. I'm assuming that since the game takes so long to load and download after a fresh install that many, if not most, of the game files are stored on my computer. Recently, I got a new computer, reinstalled Wizard and went through all the downloads. Then it crashed Not just Wizard, but my entire system. I had to reset to factory defaults and start all over. Reloading everything on Wizard again. Where is the folder that Wizard stores its files in so I can back it up in case it happens again? I am comfortable with backing files up onto thumb drives and DVD-R then dropping them back where they need to go, so if you could let me know what I need to save I would be very grateful. I'm sure I can find them myself, but it's easier just to ask. Oh, yes. This is a Windows 10 PC, not a Mac.

Thank you very much!
NightPoe

Administrator
NightPoe on Aug 14, 2020 wrote:
Hi,
I realize this is a technical question but after the past couple of weeks of computer disasters, I have to ask. I'm assuming that since the game takes so long to load and download after a fresh install that many, if not most, of the game files are stored on my computer. Recently, I got a new computer, reinstalled Wizard and went through all the downloads. Then it crashed Not just Wizard, but my entire system. I had to reset to factory defaults and start all over. Reloading everything on Wizard again. Where is the folder that Wizard stores its files in so I can back it up in case it happens again? I am comfortable with backing files up onto thumb drives and DVD-R then dropping them back where they need to go, so if you could let me know what I need to save I would be very grateful. I'm sure I can find them myself, but it's easier just to ask. Oh, yes. This is a Windows 10 PC, not a Mac.

Thank you very much!
NightPoe
Hi NightPoe! Backing up the files is easy to do. Provided you have a Windows machine and installed the game in the default location, they should be at:

C:\ProgramData\KingsIsle Entertainment\Wizard101