Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

lvl.86 Fire wizard / Deck Help needed.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 20, 2011
Greetings,
I would like to thank anyone who reads this and responds to it. I am a level 86 fire wizard. I have been soloing for most of the quests. When I say solo I mean with the help of henchmen at a very high cost. I am in Azteca and am becoming more and more frustrated as I continue. First off I have poured over so many forums on deck building that I can't see straight. When building my deck I have tried 2 of them 1 for boss and 1 for mobs. I have placed no more than 9 cards in my mob deck and yet I am still unable to end these fights fast. My cards just won't pop when needed. I put 3 - blade, 3 - colossal and 3 - meteor. Thus I should be able to blade, buff and hit then repeat. I get my wand card , pendant card and pet card. But not in the order they are needed. I am going to list my gear and cards. I don't stress over gear to much as I rarely if ever get good drops. Its almost always for another school. So I just buy crown gear to deal with it. I do not farm nor do I craft. I do all side and main quests.
Pyros bright hat, Robes and walkers
Staff of Viridian Flux - Wand
Bears claw of fire - Athame
Torc of hidden wisdom - Amulet
Nerfals Burning Band - Ring
Pet - Charred Fossil, Rude Goblin, Helephant
Deck - Bundle of Eternal Flame, Tangle wood cards
Spells - ( Fire ) - Up tp rain of fire
( Life ) - up to Satyr - I do have the life mastery amulet
( Death ) - up to Feint
( Balance) - Ele. Blade, Trap and reshuffle
( Astral ) - Colossal, Amplify and Furnace
These are my stats:
( Health ) - 4,600 ( Mana ) - 450
Damage: Fire 75 The bottom row 5 all they way across
Resistance: Fire 26, Ice 54, Storm 71. The bottom row 0 all the way across
Accuracy: Fire 15, The bottom row is a 2 all the way across
Block: Fire 93, Ice 54, Storm 294, the rest is 54
Armor Piercing: Nothing across the board

Any wizards at this level would be helpful. What works what does not. I am only able to buy items either with gold or crowns as I do not farm and I do not craft in any way. And drops are not very good for me at least.. I have tried to help other players who have asked but sometimes I am only able to pass. Again I get frustrated as I wish to be a better player for both myself and for others when I get asked. I apologize for the long posting, I wanted anyone who reads this to get a good understanding of what I use, so that I may get some guidance form more experiences players.

Thank You..

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome to the Forums!

Now, as it relates to your issue, a few things.

First off, you have the right idea with your deck. It should be small with a few blades, hits, probably a feint or two, and also TC Fireblades to get the job done.

Second, kudos to you for doing all quests, that's also very smart!

But, your deck cannot perform to it's fullest potential if you don't have the stats to back it up.
You mentioned you don't farm for gear.
In Wizard101, to be successful, you have to farm for gear, whether it's reagents to craft, bosses, etc. You must. The crowns only gear (bundles) available in the crown shop at higher levels are some of the worst within the game.

Avoid at all cost.

Also, the fact that you have to consistently be using henchmen is also a problem. Bosses in Azteca may have high health, but understand that all worlds coming up after will be harder than Azteca. If you are struggling here, you most likely won't survive the upcoming challenges.

So, here's what I recommend;

Gear Overhaul - Adopt a mindset of farming. Either;

Craft - Level 84 fire robe Guard of the Sun Fire Armor available from Maguey Century Cat in Floating Lands, Azteca
Level 76 fire hat Knightly Helm available from Lewelyn in Dun Dora, Avalon.

Farm - Waterworks Gear (Wizard City)
OR
Zig-Zag Gear (Krokotopia)

Purchase - Professor Hoard Pack - The shoes here are very good and the wand is also acceptable although there is much better options if you are willing to invest the crowns.
Farm Sinbard Pack - The wand here is among the best offensive in the game.

Spells - I notice you also fail to mention sharpen blade, the sun school enchantment spell. This spell is vital in all your decks, be sure to complete the side quest (which is a bit difficult) to ultimately gain access to the spell.

Pet - Finally, an excellent pet helps put all your gear pieces together like glue. A pet (preferable providing a fireblade in your case) with damage talents (resistive too if you wish) would be a great asset. The Kiosk has a wide array of options.
To make an excellent pet however, a strict guide must be adhered to. Post for more details on this.

That's all I have for now.

Post if you've anymore concerns.

Good Luck!

Defender
May 11, 2013
tattoo410 on Aug 10, 2020 wrote:
Greetings,
I would like to thank anyone who reads this and responds to it. I am a level 86 fire wizard. I have been soloing for most of the quests. When I say solo I mean with the help of henchmen at a very high cost. I am in Azteca and am becoming more and more frustrated as I continue. First off I have poured over so many forums on deck building that I can't see straight. When building my deck I have tried 2 of them 1 for boss and 1 for mobs. I have placed no more than 9 cards in my mob deck and yet I am still unable to end these fights fast. My cards just won't pop when needed. I put 3 - blade, 3 - colossal and 3 - meteor. Thus I should be able to blade, buff and hit then repeat. I get my wand card , pendant card and pet card. But not in the order they are needed. I am going to list my gear and cards. I don't stress over gear to much as I rarely if ever get good drops. Its almost always for another school. So I just buy crown gear to deal with it. I do not farm nor do I craft. I do all side and main quests.
Pyros bright hat, Robes and walkers
Staff of Viridian Flux - Wand
Bears claw of fire - Athame
Torc of hidden wisdom - Amulet
Nerfals Burning Band - Ring
Pet - Charred Fossil, Rude Goblin, Helephant
Deck - Bundle of Eternal Flame, Tangle wood cards
Spells - ( Fire ) - Up tp rain of fire
( Life ) - up to Satyr - I do have the life mastery amulet
( Death ) - up to Feint
( Balance) - Ele. Blade, Trap and reshuffle
( Astral ) - Colossal, Amplify and Furnace
These are my stats:
( Health ) - 4,600 ( Mana ) - 450
Damage: Fire 75 The bottom row 5 all they way across
Resistance: Fire 26, Ice 54, Storm 71. The bottom row 0 all the way across
Accuracy: Fire 15, The bottom row is a 2 all the way across
Block: Fire 93, Ice 54, Storm 294, the rest is 54
Armor Piercing: Nothing across the board

Any wizards at this level would be helpful. What works what does not. I am only able to buy items either with gold or crowns as I do not farm and I do not craft in any way. And drops are not very good for me at least.. I have tried to help other players who have asked but sometimes I am only able to pass. Again I get frustrated as I wish to be a better player for both myself and for others when I get asked. I apologize for the long posting, I wanted anyone who reads this to get a good understanding of what I use, so that I may get some guidance form more experiences players.

Thank You..
Remove Wand attacks Remove 2 of the meteors add 1 Scald get a Sword and Shield pet for the sharpened blade, and replace one blade with elemental Blade.

So the fight should go like this

Round 1 Sharpened Fire blade
Round 2 Fireblade/elemental Blade
Round 3 Scald or Meteor With enchant on it

Things you need
1 Enchant for the attack
1 For the blade
2 Attacks ( One is back up) I doubt it will be needed but meh
3 Blades ( 2 fire and 1 elemental )

That is 7 Cards for mob fights and all 7 Will appear on the first round.

For Amulet and healing, I advise Side deck treasure heals, so they don't clog space and of course the Life mastery amulet if you can't afford it, then the water works drops it, which btw the level 56 crafted gear from wintertusk or the waterworks gear would be a better choice gear wise.

Hope this helps, have fun stay safe

Survivor
Nov 20, 2011
Thank you,
I appreciate everyone who read and responded to this posting. I will try the things recommended in the post. I have become so frustrated that I parked my fire wizard and made a new death wizard. I figured, I am too late in the game with my fire wizard to fix the problem. I get the job done but not how it should be. I didn't really want to give him up as to the amount of time I have vested in him. Anyway thank you again and maybe I will see some of you in the spiral.

Gabriel Firehammer..