Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New School idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 15, 2020
I want to just take a second to say yes I know we have a good amount of schools now. But there is one type of magic I have noticed doesn't exist. The one I am going to suggest is Transformation, where you do like an attack but instead when you appear in the middle you transform into some form of beast or animal to strike your opponent. Kind of like a Druid, but instead base this one off of like werewolves/lycans/weregators and etc. What are the other players thoughts? I figured this school might be awesome and could start something new for us to try and revamp the game a bit.

Explorer
Sep 18, 2009
This school already exists, its called the moon school. Moon magic has 2 types of spells, polymorph and shift. The spells you described are simply the shift variant of moon magic

Community Leader
Not sure I fully share your vision for this school. Seems interesting, but what you're describing makes me think of the Moon school...

Transformation = polymorphs
"you appear in the middle you transform" = Shift spells from Khrysalis' Eclipse Tower

Also, there are loads of other spells from wand may-casts (like in the bottom of this article).

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Survivor
Jun 15, 2020
Cody RavenTamer on Jun 23, 2020 wrote:
Not sure I fully share your vision for this school. Seems interesting, but what you're describing makes me think of the Moon school...

Transformation = polymorphs
"you appear in the middle you transform" = Shift spells from Khrysalis' Eclipse Tower

Also, there are loads of other spells from wand may-casts (like in the bottom of this article).
I mean it in more of terms of starting players as an actual school choice. It also can feature completely different types of creatures from the current ones and can be weak against Myth as Myth is imagination based and transformations are based from a form of Myth styled Magic.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
This idea seems more of a "Lets make moon a school taught at Ravenwood" idea rather than a brand new school. Transfiguration might be an interesting take on this. You would be able to self transfigure, and rather than having any blades or traps would transfigure opponent's blades into weaknesses and traps on yourself into shields?

It's a little different, but I think it had options.

Still, this feels very much like the moon schools's shift spells as is. What makes it unique from Moon? What is it's unique gimmick? And why should someone write school spell quests for it?

If your goal isn't to bring this school of magic to Ravenwood, then chances are it isn't well enough distinguished from Moon school Shift spells.