Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Removing the Rainbow Teleport Effect Is Wrong Move

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
I just saw the information where there will be a Crown Shop Clean-Up, and within that clean up would be the discontinuation of Packs and other things such as the rainbow teleport effect. I feel that removing said effect is a wrong move from KI due to how new it is. Maybe you can see it through the lense of making it exclusive or rare since not many people couldn't or didn't want to buy it. Personally I feel new items that are different from what we have seen before should spend more time in the crown shop, unless there's a good reason for them not to be removed.

In terms of exclusivity I believe items should have to a certain degree their rareness, but if its something we can buy with crowns, it could be extended a bit more in time.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2018
im 99% sure it will come back in spring

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
Dalientje on Aug 9, 2019 wrote:
im 99% sure it will come back in spring
True, they better replace it with something better

Survivor
Jun 06, 2011
This surprised me too. I can't see why they would remove the rainbow effect to make space for new items, when there are only nine teleport effects and the rainbow effect is the only unique one. To add new teleport effects? It will be fun to see.

But I agree with you. It's an odd move to remove the new teleport effect and the fairly new packs. I hope KI will come up with new, exciting packs to replace the ones they're removing. If not, I think they are making a mistake, as the packs they are going to remove are the most unique, fun and interesting packs in the crown shop at the moment!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
I also feel like removing the effect is a poor choice

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
The teleport effect is still completely new and its what people like, unlike the other ones so I extremely don’t understand why they are removing it. Not everyone has enough money to get crowns in time either.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
The rainbow teleport effect is extremely popular and probably the only teleport effect that people buy. From KI’s POV, this is an easy way to make money; remove it from the crown shop so people rush to buy it. You tend to stop questioning their decisions when you realize that their motives are 99% influenced by profit.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Crown sales in conjunction with item promotions or sales would be very much appreciated.

I like the rainbow teleport effect, but, it was a bit pricey for me, and also, I wasn't sure if others would find it too show off-y, or distracting.