Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Member Bonus Problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2016
One of the things being a member does is allow you to access "Member Bonuses" that give you small boosts, like double pet XP or better luck at fishing. One problem I have with the system is that there is nothing in game telling me what the current bonus is. I can see it when I'm doing the activity affected by it, and I might notice when the news is scrolling by while waiting for the game to load, but if I don't notice that and the bonus happens to be "Free Second Chance Chest" or something else I normally don't check, I might not even realize that the bonus exists. Perhaps there should be a small thing you can scroll over, showing what the current Member Bonus is, that you can choose to turn off. If the bonus happens to be something I don't normally do, but I would with the bonus up, I can see that the buff is active and go and do that activity. This could also advertise to non-members that you get the boost as a member, tempting them to then become a member. I know that I was unaware of it until I happened to see that I got more Pet XP than I should have, so perhaps other people just don't know.

Administrator
steveman0012 on Jul 26, 2019 wrote:
One of the things being a member does is allow you to access "Member Bonuses" that give you small boosts, like double pet XP or better luck at fishing. One problem I have with the system is that there is nothing in game telling me what the current bonus is. I can see it when I'm doing the activity affected by it, and I might notice when the news is scrolling by while waiting for the game to load, but if I don't notice that and the bonus happens to be "Free Second Chance Chest" or something else I normally don't check, I might not even realize that the bonus exists. Perhaps there should be a small thing you can scroll over, showing what the current Member Bonus is, that you can choose to turn off. If the bonus happens to be something I don't normally do, but I would with the bonus up, I can see that the buff is active and go and do that activity. This could also advertise to non-members that you get the boost as a member, tempting them to then become a member. I know that I was unaware of it until I happened to see that I got more Pet XP than I should have, so perhaps other people just don't know.
This is a great point! More awareness of what you can achieve would certainly be nice.

I'm sending this idea to the team to consider.