Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Adjusting Gold Prices in the Crown Shop

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 27, 2014
The Crown Shop offers just about anything you could need, and gold is no exception. However, the Crown Shop isn't known for its great, affordable pricing. Many of the things you can buy are very overpriced; but, by far the worst of this can be found in the gold section of the shop.

The Crowns to Gold rate is very much in need of some adjusting. The current rates are as follows:
  • 800 Crowns = 1000 Gold
  • 2400 Crowns = 3000 Gold
  • 3700 Crowns = 5000 Gold
  • 6800 Crowns = 10000 Gold
  • 13500 Crowns = 25000 Gold
  • 19000 Crowns = 50000 Gold

I'll let that speak for itself, I shouldn't need to justify why these prices are ridiculous.

Gold is incredibly easy to obtain, and its cost in Crowns should reflect that. I can sell one piece of easily obtainable gear and make 11k+ Gold, but the Crown Shop would value that Gold at 6800 Crowns. At the best rate the Crown Shop offers, it is 1 Crown per 2.6 Gold. That rate is ridiculous and blatantly in need of adjustment. I understand that these values have existed, from my knowledge, since the game's release. Perhaps these values better reflected the game back then than they do today. However, it has been 10 years now and these values are completely outdated and need to be changed to something more reasonable.

This section of the Crown Shop seems to be totally forgotten, ignored, and never used. In its current state, I'd be surprised if it has been used at all in the past year; but, a good readjustment of the running rates should revitalize the Gold Shop and make it a viable option for quick gold.