Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Failing to complete Dungeons

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 20, 2018
When I go through the Vault of Ice in Krok, if I am not the first person to talk to Shalek then I automatically have to do the whole dungeon again, even if I participate in all the battles and puzzles. While not entirely gamebreaking, it is annoying and needs a fix eventually.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
I faced this problem before once. I logged out because I didn't have the patience to go through the dungeon again in a team. Anyways, I don't think you'd have to be the first person to interact with Shalek the Wise. When the first person does it, the game will make it as if everyone faced him at the same time. I know what I said is obvious, but I second that this needs to be fixed. You're not the only one who had this problem.

Sydney Storm
Chelsea MoonBlossom

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
MrSir1127 on May 26, 2019 wrote:
When I go through the Vault of Ice in Krok, if I am not the first person to talk to Shalek then I automatically have to do the whole dungeon again, even if I participate in all the battles and puzzles. While not entirely gamebreaking, it is annoying and needs a fix eventually.
Everyone has to talk to Shalek immediately upon entering the dungeon if you are doing the main quest. There are two quests that occur when you enter the vault. First, the main story line quest requires every player to talk to Shalek inside the vault. The first player to do this then triggers the second quest that only pertains to the requirements within the vault (breaking the locks). Once you complete the dungeon, the first quest (main) picks back up with Shalek outside of the vault.

Recommend every player always talk to the first NPC in a dungeon and the last NPC in a dungeon. There will be many more dungeons in Marleybone that have these two track quests.