Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Auction House: Alternative Trading

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
There are many areas in the game that players find insignificant. The area of focus in today’s post is the Shopping District. A big problem is that players do not shop as much at the Shopping District compared to, say, at the Bazaar. Although the Magic Mirror and Jewel Shop were great additions to the area, there should be a revamp of the area gear-wise. There should be a reason to visit the Shopping District other than cosmetics and jewels.

This is where we tackle the bigger problem.

The highly requested trading just more than treasure cards can be implemented in the game within a new system; bidding. Using a game moderated system, most scamming will be avoided. Bidding would occur in an auction house located in the Shopping District. Locating the auction house in the Shopping District makes it easily accessible to all players.

In my envision, multiple currencies are used in the auction house; depending on the rarity of the item.
Gold would be the bidding currency for general items able to gained such as obtainable gear, and reagents.
Another currency would be the bidding currency for harder to obtain items. This should also require a scarce currency compared to gold; possibly arena tickets. Arena tickets would be used to bid on items such as Skeleton Keys and school insignia gear.
Finally, hatching peppers could be used to bid for pet related items and pets themselves. Some may be asking why one would give up their quintuple resist pet they’ve spent so much time on.
I suggest something helpful to people who love to raise pets. I suggest a new item; one that reveals the talents the pet will learn up until Epic. This item would only work every other generation.

Now, I understand there are many flaws in my idea and I understand people who strongly believe player to player trading will destroy the game. I believe an auction house like this will bring the community closer together, having them communicate between each other more than before.

Of course, any flaws are solved through Test Realm.

Thanks for reading!