Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Daily assignment: females don't count

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Today's daily assignment for my ice wizard was to defeat a Spearfang Slasher in Baobab Market. I defeated two female Spearfang Slashers, and did not get credit for completing the daily assignment. I then went into battle again, making sure this time that I was facing a male Spearfang Slasher; this time, I did get credit. Apparently only males count.

What a terrible message to send to the young girls playing this game.

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
prairiefalcon on Dec 7, 2016 wrote:
Today's daily assignment for my ice wizard was to defeat a Spearfang Slasher in Baobab Market. I defeated two female Spearfang Slashers, and did not get credit for completing the daily assignment. I then went into battle again, making sure this time that I was facing a male Spearfang Slasher; this time, I did get credit. Apparently only males count.

I understand if it was for a privilege, for example, like boys could only do pvp and not girls,etc; that would be a terrible message but just getting a reward for just killing a creature specified by its gender doesn't seem to impact any young girls at all. In the end they still are getting the reward if they defeat the male lion. There, if the girls didn't get any reward, but only the guys, then yea it would be wrong as I mention a example before. Maybe to you it sends a bad message, but for me, it is not discriminating fully on young girls at all.

Alejandro

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
prairiefalcon on Dec 7, 2016 wrote:

The mistake, in my opinion, was giving them the same name. The quests just pick a creature and area, that one happens to have 2 creatures in the same area with the same name but different schools. The opposite issue could just as easily happen where the female count and the male don't. They really should be named differently to be clear.