Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

please fix the Team Up Penalty

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Right now, if you enter a dungeon via team up, then you don't complete the dungeon, you are penalized 10 minutes.

That's fine BUT there are a number of circumstances where it's not.

1. The person that kicked off team up is afk and never comes back. you either do the dungeon by yourself or take the pentaly.
2. The person that kicked off team up isn't afk, but runs backward out of the dungeon for any one of a number of reasons, leaving you to either do the dungeon alone, or take the pentaly
3. You enter the dungeon and the person that kicked it off never shows up at all - maybe the game put them into a different instance or something. Again, you do the dungeon alone, or take the pentalty.

IF the person that kicked off team up isn't actually in the dungeon with you, or they leave, the penalty should not activate. it's not your fault, it's theirs. And if anything else, they should get the pentalty alone. In the case of someone that's trolling, deliberately kicking off team up to get people to go into a hard dungeon (like jamburgler) and then leaving so they can cackle about the per guy that was going to help, maybe they should also be restricted from using team up for 24 hours.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I think the intended function of the penalty is only to apply to the first wizard to leave the instance. If it's not working that way, I would submit a bug report.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I agree with everything except the 24 hour penalty you mentioned. Someone might leave for non-malicious reasons such as a bad internet connection. So this 24 hour penalty shouldn't be implemented due to the risk of it punishing innocent people.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2012
Defender
Oct 16, 2014
4. You enter the dungeon and 2 other players leave. You either duo the dungeon or take the penalty.

I totally agree.